“Great location, Good hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn London - Westminster

You added Comfort Inn London - Westminster to your Saves list
Comfort Inn London - Westminster
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Belgrave Road | Victoria, London SW1 V2BB, England (Formerly Central House Hotel - Victoria)   |
Special Offer
Up to 10% OFF Room Rate
Ranked #726 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Telford, United Kingdom
“Great location, Good hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Myself and my sister and our friend stayed here in August 2012 for 2 nights. We were very lucky and had the weather on our side!!

For a hotel within walking distance of Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament, it was very reasonably priced.

The room we were in was what I'd describe as the attic room. We had to go down the lift and then up about 3 flights of stairs. Lucking we are relatively fit and this wasn't too much of a problem (Although it was a problem after our night out and more then enough cocktails!) We had 2 single beds and a double bed which were all very comfortable. The bathroom was quite small but it did what it needed to do.

Staff were great, very helpful and polite. My sister dropped her potnoodle on her bed and they were very quick in bringing up clean sheets and didnt mind the huge amount of food we'd bought in.

The shower wasnt great, I must of stood for about 10 minutes waiting for the water to get warm and messing with the taps. Eventually we got what we needed, Im not one for cold showers so if the water didnt run warm I dont know what I'd of done!!

The room was very hot! We had lovely weather when we went and I think the "attic" held all the heat. As we were on about the 4th floor it was safe to open the window at night.

The breakfast was basic but did what it needed to do, the staff didnt mind that we went down in our PJs too. You did have to stand your ground with the other guests from Germany and Spain, they didnt care about pushing in front of you to use the toaster! Dont be afraid to get rude back!

The location of the hotel is fantastic! We walked everywhere, only getting on the under ground once to meet a friend by Selfridges. One our first day we walked to West Minster Cathedral and Abbey, then Houses of Parliament, crossed over the river to the London Eye, back across n stopped for a drink on a boat before jumping on the tube to do some shopping. Our second day we walked to Buckingham Palace, saw the changing of the guards and sat in the Park for the afternoon. Very close to Victoria tube/train station and bus station.

Overall it was a good stay in a great location. If I was to visit this hotel again I would ask not to be put in the attic but that is my only complaint.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Westminster, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Jess,

Absolutely loved reading your review... I can see you had a great time during your visit to London and it feels good to know we were also one of the reasons. Your ‘attic’ comment will be kept in mind on your next visit. We had a temporary problem with the boiler during your visit which caused inconvenience and we would like to apologise for that.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel and its staff. I agree with your point on Central House Hotel’s customer service. Most of our guests find it exceptional and I’m glad to know you felt the same.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.
Abida.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

myself and my husband stayed at central hlouse for 2 nights.we were made very welcome by the reception staff. parking outside the hotel was free all weekend so that was a bonus too.our room was absolutely fine.nice clean and comfortable bed, bathroom large and a great shower, our room was also nice and warm.breakfast basic but plenty to set you up for the day. ideally situated with plenty of shops and bars within easy walking distance, as is pimlico undergound station.for the price we paid i will definately be returning! it almost seemed too cheap but we both really enjoyed the whole of our stay.

Room Tip: we wre in room 105, excellent!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Westminster, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience and we’re delighted to know you will be visiting us again in near future. Please contact me directly prior to your booking arrangements so we can prepare a special welcome on your arrival.

Nice to know you enjoyed the area like most of our guests do. You may have noticed that we’re in the heart of London but the surround location is very tranquil.

Your feed feedback is very much appreciated.
Hope to see you soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great place if you're trying to do London on a budget. Five minute walk to the Victoria Train/Tube station and 10-15 minute walk to the Victoria bus station. Victoria is a nice neighborhood, not a lot of car traffic. Our room and bathroom were pretty small, but it was fine for three days; we were out exploring the city all day and night anyway. A free breakfast every morning was a big plus. As an American traveler, anyway to save money is much appreciated, as the dollar-to-pound exchange rate is scary. I was initially worried about cleanliness since the price was so good, but the room and hotel overall was very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. My English boyfriend couldn't believe what a great value this place was, especially being located in central London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Carly,

We're over the moon after reading your feedback. Thank you for a fabulous review and the fantastic rating. It’s overwhelming to hear we were able to give you one of the best hotel experiences ever!

Looking forward to see you soon!!
Borup, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The room was clean but very, very small - even for London. The bathroom was tiny, not a bathroom, really, but just a small toilet with a shower curtain that didn't even reach the floor. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Nice location close to Victoria whick was very convenient for the train to an from Gatwick.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Vesth,

We’re glad to know we played a positive role in general on your visit and the important travel links made traveling convenient for you. It looks like you were not very happy with the size of the room and the bathroom. Taking the opportunity I would like to inform you that the hotel is looking into upgrading a selection of bathrooms. Please contact me directly before making your future travel plans so I can personally make sure you are assigned a spacious room.

We hope to welcome you back soon.
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I spend 2 nights in this hotel on a business trip. Rooms are well appointed and have all you need for your stay. The staff is great and always happy to assists and offer their service without having to ask. I felt totally relaxed and enjoyed every moment of my stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Westminster, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Aga,

It gave us immense pleasure to know you ‘enjoyed every moment of your stay’ with us. Thank you for a nice and sweet review. We’re completely overwhelmed to read your positive feedback on the Central House Hotel Team and their friendly customer service. We’ll be looking forward for your next visit to London and hopefully for a longer period. Please do let us know of your future plans!!

Speak soon!!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

First things first, this is a budget 3* hotel so if you want luxury then this is not the place for you! It is however a good central base for the city, within easy reach of Pimlico underground station. Yes, there are better hotels around but you get what you pay for and I have certainly stayed in worse!

I stayed in room 1, a basement room. It was clean, the décor modern and the bed surprisingly comfortable. The bathroom was, as I had expected from reading other reviews, tiny and could really do with modernising. The shower was ridiculously tiny, I was attacked by the shower curtain each time I moved, and it desperately needs re-grouting. The towel rail was rusty which really wouldn’t take much to replace

Room1 was very noisy, I was woken several times during the night by people slamming doors in the rooms above, and when I eventually managed to fall asleep again was woken by the staff preparing breakfast! If I were to stay again I would request a room on the higher floors.

All in all, this is an OK hotel and if you are looking for a cheap base then it’s fine. Personally I prefer something a little more luxurious; however this was a last minute booking and was all I could find within a suitable price range. Would I stay again? Probably, but for no more than one night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn London - Westminster, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Shar,

Thank you for a detailed review on your recent stay at Central House Hotel Victoria.

Your review shows that we had few misses and it wasn't at all a lucky day. We sorry for the inconveniences you faced.

We've gone through your feedback and tried to rectify the errors so our future guests receive an exceptional service. We will continue making improvements and thank you for your suggestions and observations.

Your preferences are noted in the guest profile. I hope your experience does not prevent you from visiting us again in the near future.

Warm regards,
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here during a business trip.

This hotel is cheap, probably not far off hostel prices if you're sharing. Consequently it attracts plenty of young backpackers. If you don't keep the same hours as they do, don't expect much sleep. This isn't helped by the fact that the hotel is on a noisy road.

The rooms are basic, the bathrooms are newer but mine had a dripping toilet and a rather weedy shower.

I thought I was doing my employer a favour picking such inexpensive digs, but given my sleepy lack of productivity the next day I'm pretty sure it wasn't worth it.

Like I say, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Als,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

In regards to your comment on what type of guests visit us; you may have a look at the TripAdvisor reviews and figure out that we have families, couples and guests who visit London for business purposes staying with us too.

We apologize for the not completely satisfying stay you had at the hotel. I wonder whether the reception was informed of the situation as the customer service is there to assist you with any problems you may face even if it’s changing the rooms at any time of the day. Thank you for pointing these things out and giving us the insight on how to improve and make things better!
Once again We apologize for not being aware of your issue and that you could not get the service you deserved.

Kind regards,
Abida.

Been to Comfort Inn London - Westminster? Share your experiences!