“Fab for the Price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hanover Hotel Victoria

Save Saved
You added Hanover Hotel Victoria to your Saves list
Hanover Hotel Victoria
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   30-32 Saint Georges Drive | Victoria, London SW1V 4BN, England   |
Special Offer
10% OFF BEST RATE
Ranked #252 of 525 London B&B and Inns
Huddersfield
“Fab for the Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

I needed a cheap place to stay in London recently and stayed at the Hanover for 2 nights. For £33 per night this was a bargain. I was surpried to find that this included breakfast and wi-fi.

Staff are friendly and the hotel is clean. Nice shower and OK beds. Breakfast was OK and as I was up at 7:30 there was no one else in there. If you want something of a higher standard then you have to pay more. I thought this was a bargain and not an inconvenient one in anyway.

There are some downsides: I was on the top floor which meant climbing 7 flights of stairs. The walls are thin between rooms and I could hear next door's alarm going off.

It's very close to Victoria Station too.

All in all I will use this again whenever I need to be in London.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Czech first
Massa, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Even if the position of this hotel is good because it's located near the Victoria Coach Station, the Hotel in general is very bad. In fact when we arrive to the Hotel the receptionist told us that we had to go to the other hotel associated called Airways Hotel because our room, that I booked exactly 4 month ago on Booking.com to the Hanover Hotel was reserved in the other Hotel because the Hanover in that moment was full!!!!! The Airways Hotel was worse than the other, it was dirty and the electrical wires were esposed! The reseptionist of the Airways gave us a room on the 4th floor ( no lift and narrow stairs), that was totally dirty, the shower, the glasses for the tea, the chair and there was a small window facing the wall with a broken curtain. When obviously I complained about the treatment offered and about the room, the receptionists proposed me another room to the Airways Hotel or to the Hanover that (maybe it was a miracle) was no full more after only 30 minutes! It's impossible!!! Also the room of the Hanover Hotel wasn't clean, the sheets were dirty, the cups and the boiler weren't dirty and the soap in the bathroom was given how in an autogrill!! The breakfast was poor and as usual everything was not very clear, from the attendants to the glasses, cups and dishes.
Ps: The luggages couldn't be left in the Hotel safely because the room where you can leave them was't locked and wasn't controlled and there was a notice which says " leaving here your luggages is a own risk" !
I would never recommend this Hotel to my worst enemy !

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Portugal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

Let’s put it this way – I don’t understand how it is legal to open and maintain such filthy hovels, call them “hotels” and give them a classification of a 2 or 3-star-hotel in a country like England; in Portugal this kind of places wouldn’t be given half a star. And for the price I paid in this hotel I would pay a 4-star-hotel in Portugal.
Having said that and considering other hotels near Victoria station, this one is not so bad. Despite the fact that they never cleaned the bathroom or did the beds properly while we were there, and the fact that the bed covers were very dirty, the breakfast was not bad, I didn't hear any noises during the night and we could use the hotel's internet (paying, of course…). The best thing is the location. It’s near the train and coach stations and not very far from the Thames and all the attractions nearby. If I recommend this hotel? Well, If you can’t afford to pay 200-300 pounds per night and you want to stay in this area then the choices are very limited, and believe me there are worst places there for the same price.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

I found a bed bug in the room, and have now brought them home with me and my house is infested and having to have it fumigated at a great cost, finacially and emotionally.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

We stayed in Hanover Hotel 4 days. It is located on the quiet street and very close to the centre of London.
Rooms were clear, with everyday service, no problem with hot water in the shower, bath room was absolutely clear, clear towels every day without towel claims, breakfast good, fast service AND guys, especially Krunal Patel was one of the best receptionist which I have ever met. He didn´t have any problem to help us with everything, he knows the city very well, system of transportation, museums, he knows how to get good direction everywhere, etc.
If I´m going back to London, I will absolutely stay in the Hanover Hotel.

Thank you for your service.

Great value for low price!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Tampere, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

If you are looking for a economical place to stay in London near the sights this hotel is ok. If you are looking for a luxury hotel, go somewhere else. Seems to me that the hotel has been repaired after those worst rewiews. The stairs are terrible, especially after a long walk in London. The staff was very helpful. Breakfast was modest, but enough. Rooms were clean, but stifling. We needed just a place to sleep and for that this hotel was good enough.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Bourne End, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

We went to london to see the sites and go to the theatre in the evening. The hotel is situated 10 minutes from the Victoria Train Station, but for £75 was it worth it?
We booked via lastminute.com, and in there confirmation it stated 12.30pm check out, well when we checked we were told 10.30am and that was final.
Well the room was quite big, we had a double bed and a single in our room, and we were in Room 3 , which is basically in the basement, the floor above (reception ) was directly above our room (well there office) and throughout the night we could hear constant moving around and banging. On the morning when we were due to check out, we were awoken by the sound of more banging and hoovering at 7.30am ! , I went up to reception at 7.50am and voiced my concerns and the staff member on reception was not interested at all. I was assured that he had been on reception all night and there was noone moving around etc.
So my other conclusion poltergeist's !!.
The room was clean but as you can see from the pictures the plastering was abit to be desired ! , there day rate for the Friday night was £80 ! , I personally would of stayed here again but due to the noise problems I'd rather pay £100 to get a decent nights sleep!.
The staff were rude uninterested and when I asked to speak to the Manager I was firstly told he would be in at 9am , when I went back to reception , another member of staff was on the front desk and was very abrupt and said that the "Manager can come in whenever he wants and didnt know when he will be coming in.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hanover Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!