“A place close to Victoria......” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hanover Hotel Victoria

You added Hanover Hotel Victoria to your Saves list
Hanover Hotel Victoria
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   30-32 Saint Georges Drive | Victoria, London SW1V 4BN, England   |
Special Offer
10% OFF BEST RATE
Ranked #253 of 535 London B&B and Inns
Lagos, Nigeria
“A place close to Victoria......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I wanted a place close to the Victoria Coach Station and found this place online. I booked it immediately as I had just a night to stay since I was leaving the next day.
I arrived a bit early to the hotel but the guys made my request for a room available. The initial room I was given on the 4th floor was too tight and subsequently changed.
My room was clean and had wifi - which was not strong.
Breakfast was at 0730hrs and very basic. I had a coach to catch for 0900hrs and the station was just a 5 minutes walk away.

Room Tip: Higher floors are not advised for people with luggage.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
Helensvale, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We booked this hotel for a few nights on our trip back to the UK, and wanted to be pretty close to walk to places. Also as we were landing at Gatwick late at night wanted to get somewhere that would sleep 5 and basic as all were were doing was sleeping there, out for the day, sleep again then leave.

The hotel was fine and excellent value for money, don't understand the snobbery against it, I believe you get what you pay for in life.
Breakfast room was tight and not a great selection, but overall we all found the experience satisfying and would stay here again at the drop of a hat.
Parking was free outside the hotel, but only of a weekend.

In summary: Good value, basic accommodation, recommended for those on a budget and not wanting to spend their life in the hotel, and as other people have said a really great location for Victoria station.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Smallest hotel rooms I've ever seen!! I could stand on the floor if my bag was on the bed - after three nights (1 night in a 'twin' room with a friend and two nights in a single room) I really felt very cramped and uncomfortable and was happy to leave. I couldn't dry myself comfortably in the bathroom of the single room due to lack of space and wondered how anyone lager than my small frame would manage. My room was on the 4th floor accessed by an incredibly steep and narrow staircase. The staff obligingly carried my bags up and down as I simply couldn't. Anyone with less than average fitness would find it difficult to navigate the stairs to the upper floors comfortably. The breakfast room was overcrowded and the food very limited. After the first morning I chose to go to a café and pay for breakfast elsewhere, despite breakfast being included in the tariff. On the positive side the staff were friendly and helpful and the location is great! Close to Victoria Station and within walking distance of the Tate Britain Gallery (15 mins) and Houses of Parliament (about 30 mins along the river) - and I managed to get a great photo by standing on the windowsill and learning out of a tiny window early in the morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Very good location - almost aside the central victoria stastion (bus, tube and train). The room was clean but incredibly small. Enough food on the breakfast - all type of coffee, juices, toasts etc. The hotel is likeable for tourists (for past the night).

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

First time to London on a budget and was not sure what to expect. Helpful and friendly service foremost. Close to the underground train station. Clean with really good coffee. Super helpful staff. Small rooms but friends stayed 440 feet away at a 4 star and said their rooms were no larger. Great value.

Room Tip: Not every double room has two beds so if you need it just ask.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Me and my friends stayed here a while ago and seeing as I've recently joined TripAdvisor I thought I should let people know to stay well clear of this hotel. I didn't expect much for the price but I didn't expect it to stink, the complimentary cups for tea and coffee to be stuck to the tray or be practically shoved in the basesment. The main reason for staying at this hotel was it was near to the Theatre we wanted to visit but I looking back on it I wish I had paid a few more quid and stayed at a Premier Inn!

Room Tip: I'd expect you would have to pay full whack to get a decent room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We spent two nights in this hotel on a sightseeing trip to London. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was in walking distance of the underground, buses and Buckingham Palace. The rooms were spotlessly clean, the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. Although the breakfast room was small, the five of us got a seat together both mornings. Our rooms were on the second floor and we asked for two rooms together and got them. This was excellent value for a London hotel. We were all delighted with the hotel and will definately use this hotel again. The pictures of the rooms on the internet were exactly the same as the rooms we got.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hanover Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!