“Above normal service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hanover Hotel Victoria

You added Hanover Hotel Victoria to your Saves list
Hanover Hotel Victoria
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   30-32 Saint Georges Drive | Victoria, London SW1V 4BN, England   |
Special Offer
10% OFF BEST RATE
Ranked #253 of 535 London B&B and Inns
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Above normal service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stared at this hotel for just one night as a single disabled parson, requesting a lower floor room. However when i arrived they told me that the single rooms were all on the top2 floors so they had proved me with a small double onthe lower ground floor which was near to the dinning room, and allowed me to use a different entrace to the dinning room so i wouldnt have have to climb the stairs. They also assisted me to the room and carried my small case so i didnt have to. The room was fairly freshly decorated and clean as was the en suit shower room.The bed was comfortable and clean, towels were lovely and soft and luxurious. Breakfact (included) was continental but plentiful. I requested a taxi to another place and they even went ouside to hail a black cab for me so i didnt have to get wet. Altogether extremely pleased considering how much it cost, and the price was most reasonable too. I would recomend this hotel to anyone wanting a budget hotel in london and near victoria coach and rail stations.

Room Tip: Be prepared for lots of stairs this is becuse they were originally victorian terraced houses and it...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Hanover Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you for your valued review.

I am extremely happy and proud to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hanover Hotel.

My team and I look forward to being of service in the future should you wish to stay with us again.

Sanchit Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
Gwent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My niece & nephew completed London Marathon Sunday so needed to stay overnighthaving come from wales. I had easter eggs for my great nieces who came to visit me at hotel and it caused no problem which I greatly appreciated.Twin bedded room was great and lovely -fluffy towels. Very quiet only downside is breakfast room is downsatairs and no lift but with restricted mobility coundnt fault this hotel Will go back definetly compared prices to other central hotels I was very impressed and relieved as didnt know what to expect !! Great

Room Tip: 5mins from Victoria coach station Breakfast room does have quite a few steps to go down to room14 ve...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your valued review.

Due to the historical value of the building we are unable to install lifts however we do try our best to accommodate special requests for lower floor rooms.

Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We wanted a cheap hotel for one night, near Victoria Station, we was over for a football game at Wembley, so wanted something simple to get our head down and a bit of breakfast. The twin room was in the basement, length ways room was ok, but the width of the room was just to narrow, you at to squeeze between the bed and wall to get to the shower, the room was clean enough for me and my son, beds was ok for a one night head down. We got up in the morning for breakfast and wait line was up the stairs, the dining room was tiny and crammed with tables, you just couldn’t swing a cat, the simple continental breakfast was ok, but if we was staying another night I would have give it a miss and went to the café around the corner for a proper full English. Wouldn’t stay here if I was with my wife, but as we was out all day and night wasn’t a problem, but to come back for a rest after sightseeing etc and get ready for a night out, it just wouldn’t do. Just ok for one night

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your valued review.

We too are concerned about the size and location of the breakfast room and are currently in the process of looking into other options. Unfortunately as we are dealing with a Grade II listed building it is slightly more difficult to find a solution.

I am happy to read that you generally enjoyed your stay at the Hanover Hotel and my team and I look forward to being of service in the future should you wish to stay with us again.

Cork
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

How this place can claim to be a 3 star 'Hotel' is a mystery to me. At best this is a very basic B&B/Boarding House. The Reception staff were rude, ignorant and very unwelcoming. The room was tiny and cramped with a double and single bed wedged together so there was barely standing space between the two. A very small room for 3 girls to stay in.

The bedlinen was clean but very thin and very worn. All we had was a light sheet and a light worn bed spread cover - no duvet or blankets! The pillows were thin as a feather but we had two each on the double bed so we managed. However my sister on the single bed only had one tiny thin pillow. She went to Reception to ask for another pillow and was told 'My hotel is full, I have no spare pillows' - funny that when there was a 'Vacancies' sign in the window.

There was no little milk pots in the room either for the tea/coffee - just powdered whitener - which was DISGUSTING!!!

On our first morning we were still getting ready when the housekeeping knocked on the door. We asked if she could come back later. However she never came back and there was 2 days of rubbish (including empty food packets and half eaten sandwiches) left in the room with two damp towels for the day. I had to go to Reception myself that night to ask for dry towels and to ask wear to put our rubbish.

Breakfast is basic - but it is a nice touch I must say. Although the 'Fresh Fruit Salad' is mearly tinned fruit cocktail! The breakfast room however was small and cramped and we could hear two kitchen staff members roaring at each other in the kitchen! Very unprofessional!

I also didnt like that there was only one key to the room which we had to leave at Reception each time we left the hotel. I didnt feel like my personal items were safe in the room so we all decided to walk around london with all our Money, passports, phones and cameras on our person instead.

I was so so dissopointed with this place as I had stayed in the much nicer, much friendlier Georgian House Hotel right across the road and I loved it (it unfortaunately was just not available for this trip) The owners are very rude and very unapproachable and I struggle to understand how they possibily class themselves a 3 star hotel. I would not recommend staying here. I dont believe that just because a place is that bit cheaper that guests should be expected to just put up with substandard!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your valued review.

I apologise for your disappointment and am genuinely saddened by this type of feedback.

Our rooms are of regular London size however accommodation should never be in the condition you have described and I would be very interested in tracking the cleaning team responsible. We always discuss guest feedback with team members so that we can address any training requirements. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation as to why your room was not cleaned. There are always extra blankets and pillows in the cupboards for our guests use.

We only give one room key and ask that guests leave it at Reception when they leave so that we can keep track of who is in the hotel should there be a fire alarm or other emergency.

I very rarely receive complaints about my staff and apologise on their behalf if you feel they were rude or unhelpful at any time.

I do hope that I have been able to offer some reassurance but if you wish to discuss any of the points raised in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact Head Office via our website.

Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We were very happy with this hotel. It's very handy for Victoria Coach Station, clean and tidy, the staff are very helpful and most of all the price is very good. Shower gel, shampoo and hand wash is provided. The street it's on is quiet and although the planes fly overhead the noise is not noticable. We would be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Sanchit Patel

Been to Hanover Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!