“clean and stylish but cramped. good for one night theatre stopover as on bus route to Leicester Square” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Huttons Hotel

Save Saved
You added Huttons Hotel to your Saves list
Huttons Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   53 - 57 Belgrave Road, London SW1V 2BB, England   |
Ranked #606 of 1,073 hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We picked this hotel as it was reasonably priced at £111 for a double and near a wedding venue. We were only sleeping there, which was just as well as it was very cramped. eg access to the (large comfortable) bed on one side only...and only a foot.
The bathroom was pleasant but you could knock your nose on the wall getting up off the loo again due to lack of space. Breakfast is only toast, boring cereals, coffee and juice, so if it is more than a couple of quid, I would recommend you go elsewhere (was included in our price) You can purchase extra things to top up eg eggs and sausage for £2.50.
Staff were pleasant and helpful. the main plus is that the hotel is smack bang opposite the bus stop for 24 line, which goes up through WEstminster, via Leicester Square to Hampstead, and the bus runs 24 hours.

Room Tip: 309 has a lovely large bed, but takes up most of the room!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

671 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Polish first
Reading, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Had a two night stay in this hotel. The location was convenient for where we needed to be but everything else was terrible. The room was small, the bathroom was smaller and smelt of sewage. The shower was barely a trickle and was cold on both days. I've stayed in hits in Thailand with better shower facilities. When we told reception that the shower was cold, they didn't apologise, just asked if we had turned it on correctly; it was one tap with left or right for hot or cold!! The beds were uncomfortable, we had to put the spare blanket underneath the sheet to stop the springs from digging in. There was work going on somewhere as we could hear drills and banging at 9.30am each morning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed three nights 31st Jan to 3rd feb , a spur of the moment trip to explore London,a good base to start from as Victoria and Pimlico are only 5 mins. by foot
Found staff friendly and reception helpfull.
Room was very clean and functional, and serviced daily. I would like to have had some form of alarm clock in the room as breakfast is from 0730 to 0915 Prompt !, I think the time should be extended as when on holiday it would be nice to get up at your own speed !.
The breakfast filled the gap however I think this could be improved by better quality produce, based on the continental, bread (or to toast if required),sliced cheese,jams, tinned fruit cocktail,cornflakes and muesli.tea,coffee, hot chocolate and orange juice.
A cooked breakfast is available at a small extra price although we did not opt for this due to the lack of time allotted for breakfast !
.Perhaps the addition of cold meats and pastries would bolster this up ?.
This was not too much of an issue to spoil the stay so overall we were pleased with this choice of hotel and would return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
simanad, Manager at Huttons Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you review it was very helpful we will consider your comments about the breakfast I'm glad you enjoyed yesterday
Kirkcaldy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I've just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. It's in an ideal location, a few mins from pimlico or about 10 mins from Victoria tube station. Buckingham palace is a 15 min walk away. Yes, the rooms and bathroom are a bit small, but perfectly adequate for all time you are there! The rooms were a bit warm though, so not sure how I'd cope here in summer! The breakfast is also adequate, but I personally felt 9.15 (especially on weekends!) was too early for it finishing. However, I would recommend this hotel and return.

• Stayed February 2013
simanad, Owner at Huttons Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you very much for a brilliant review we're so pleased you like the hotel and you are very welcome to come back again
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

When I initially arrived at the hotel, I had been booked into a non-refurbished room. This room was old fashioned and below my expectations. As a result of this, I contacted my booking agent to express my concerns that they had offered me this room. My concerns were quickly escalated to the hotel manager who resolved my concerns and moved me to a room I found to be extremely good value. I could not have asked for a more comprehensive resolution to my concerns, thank you!

I stayed in room 204 for my last night which is one of the Huttons refurbished rooms. The room is compact in size which is understandable given that the Huttons is so centrally located where space is always at a premium. My room was extremely clean and had a balcony looking out onto the street which was a nice surprise. The room is old fashioned in style, but all the amenities I expected were there; plenty of plug sockets, coffee & tea facilities, freeview television and very crisp clean sheets.

The nightlight of the room is probably the bathroom which has been very recently refurbished (older bathrooms are in desperate need of this!). Extremely clean, powerful shower, toilet and sink and good use of space.

Perhaps the room decoration should be considered for an upgrade soon, walls are quite thin and it's not recommended you drink the water from the tap owing to the way water is distributed around the hotel (but this makes for a more powerful shower).

Thanks again to the lovely lady manager who totally turned around my experience of The Huttons - if I was on a budget again I would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Always ask for best available room with refurbished bathroom, and if you do have any concerns don...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Whitley Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were full of trepidation having read so many negative reviews but our stay at this hotel was overall a positive experience.
We had a room at the back on the fourth floor. It was small but clean,newly fitted out and very warm. In fact,so warm we had to sleep with the window wide open. The shower worked well and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was basic but adequate and the coffee was good. The staff in the breakfast room and reception were charming.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a short stay hotel near the centre of London. The area is pleasant and Victoria station is nearby. So is the river and Tate Britain.
Our only problem was with noisy people in the room above late at night but earplugs sorted that out.

Room Tip: Room 403 was quiet with a lovely view of the rooftops
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Salmiyah, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We travelled in October 2012. We found this hotel to be centrally located, close to the Victoria station with buses and taxis available. Staff was extremely friendly. We had to check out of the hotel late at night since our flight was early morning, they organized a cab for us. We felt very safe and content. The breakfast although very simple, was like breakfast at home. The only downside was the rooms were small. But worth it if you are going to be staying for just a day or 2. I would visit again. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Huttons Hotel? Share your experiences!