“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #611 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Kirkcaldy
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I've just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. It's in an ideal location, a few mins from pimlico or about 10 mins from Victoria tube station. Buckingham palace is a 15 min walk away. Yes, the rooms and bathroom are a bit small, but perfectly adequate for all time you are there! The rooms were a bit warm though, so not sure how I'd cope here in summer! The breakfast is also adequate, but I personally felt 9.15 (especially on weekends!) was too early for it finishing. However, I would recommend this hotel and return.

• Stayed February 2013
simanad, Owner at Huttons Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you very much for a brilliant review we're so pleased you like the hotel and you are very welcome to come back again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

When I initially arrived at the hotel, I had been booked into a non-refurbished room. This room was old fashioned and below my expectations. As a result of this, I contacted my booking agent to express my concerns that they had offered me this room. My concerns were quickly escalated to the hotel manager who resolved my concerns and moved me to a room I found to be extremely good value. I could not have asked for a more comprehensive resolution to my concerns, thank you!

I stayed in room 204 for my last night which is one of the Huttons refurbished rooms. The room is compact in size which is understandable given that the Huttons is so centrally located where space is always at a premium. My room was extremely clean and had a balcony looking out onto the street which was a nice surprise. The room is old fashioned in style, but all the amenities I expected were there; plenty of plug sockets, coffee & tea facilities, freeview television and very crisp clean sheets.

The nightlight of the room is probably the bathroom which has been very recently refurbished (older bathrooms are in desperate need of this!). Extremely clean, powerful shower, toilet and sink and good use of space.

Perhaps the room decoration should be considered for an upgrade soon, walls are quite thin and it's not recommended you drink the water from the tap owing to the way water is distributed around the hotel (but this makes for a more powerful shower).

Thanks again to the lovely lady manager who totally turned around my experience of The Huttons - if I was on a budget again I would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Always ask for best available room with refurbished bathroom, and if you do have any concerns don...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Whitley Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were full of trepidation having read so many negative reviews but our stay at this hotel was overall a positive experience.
We had a room at the back on the fourth floor. It was small but clean,newly fitted out and very warm. In fact,so warm we had to sleep with the window wide open. The shower worked well and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was basic but adequate and the coffee was good. The staff in the breakfast room and reception were charming.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a short stay hotel near the centre of London. The area is pleasant and Victoria station is nearby. So is the river and Tate Britain.
Our only problem was with noisy people in the room above late at night but earplugs sorted that out.

Room Tip: Room 403 was quiet with a lovely view of the rooftops
Salmiyah, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We travelled in October 2012. We found this hotel to be centrally located, close to the Victoria station with buses and taxis available. Staff was extremely friendly. We had to check out of the hotel late at night since our flight was early morning, they organized a cab for us. We felt very safe and content. The breakfast although very simple, was like breakfast at home. The only downside was the rooms were small. But worth it if you are going to be staying for just a day or 2. I would visit again. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We travelled up on Friday 18th jan in all the snow and when we arrived we was greeted by very friendly and helpful staff, who also changed are room to a double without any fuss, the receptionist was a very helpful young man, also showing us where the hotel was and where we were going that evening on a map.
The hotel was very clean and comfortable, the only downside was the room was slightly crammed and the mirror to far from the plug, and very very warm in the room. The bathroom was great.
The breakfast room was clean and staff very cheerful.

Room Tip: We had a double at the back very quite
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Rooms are small beds very uncomfortable walls like paper I could hear upstairs walking about I could hear ppl coming in and out ov the doors even talking. rbathroom was nice but again couldn't move once inside location is the only thing this hotel has going for it breakfast was a joke as far as continental style some bread chease and cornflakes oh and orange juice my room was freezing from drafts coming through the window will not be staying again

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

You haven't even have to get to your room to realise what to expect. The lift, which clearly stated for 8 persons but a small typed stuck on note stated no more than 3 persons for safety reasons! We checked in at about 2pm on a Saturday and the room next door to us had been completely gutted and workmen were in there until late drilling etc. no mention of this on booking. The room was fairly clean but although for 4 adults, only 3 of us stayed, had only one electrical point for the kettle so hair dryer or phone chargers were a big no. The toilet/shower was of the type I would describe as being on a plane. Once you stood in there you couldn't move. Overall a poor stay/room/facilities.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Huttons Hotel? Share your experiences!