“We Love The Pelham” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pelham Hotel

You added The Pelham Hotel to your Saves list
The Pelham Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Cromwell Place, London SW7 2LA, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Ranked #116 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Copenhagen, Denmark
“We Love The Pelham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

When In London, we always stay at the Pelham Hotel in South Kensington. It is a romantic Designer hotel, very tastefully decorated, without becoming too "romantic". Their staff is doing a super job and we always enjoy their customer focussed culture.
The Pelham is situated near Hyde Park for an early morning run and close to London's best shopping area.
The restaurant is cosy and offers great food.
The Pelham hotel is simply fantastic and our favorite hotel in the world.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here recently whilst visiting friends. The location is perfect for the South Kensington area. The decor is very chic, but the building retains lots of its original features and character. Service was excellent and nothing was too much trouble.
Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

This is my first time writing an online review and I felt compelled to do so. I just got back from a short trip at the Pelham. Not only was the hotel in a great location Minutes from Harrods and the victoria and albert museum, but this small top notch hotel had large beautiful comfortable rooms immaculately cared for. But most of all the service was the best I may have ever had at any 5 star hotels. Friendly. Completely accommodating , and anxious to be helpful And to get to know their guests. A colleague of mine had an issue with their lost belongings and the concierge not only made calls to help find it, but went personally to pick it up to ensure she got it. We needed boxes to ship things home and they sent someone to FedEx so we wouldn't have to be bothered having to go buy boxes. I can't say enough. I will definitely return. And it also was reasonably priced given the beautiful accommodation.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Pelham is a lovely hotel perfectly situated for enjoying central London. Our room was austere but comfortable and the bath was luxurious. The head concierge Jamie made our stay. He was there to greet us by name when our car pulled up and went above and beyond again and again to make our stay memorable. He gave great dining recs and provided many helpful travel tips. I wish I could have taken him along with me to Paris. Overall a nice property where the service shines.

• Stayed September 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

As a single traveler, I often feel overlooked and ignored. Not here: from my check-in to the helpful concierge, all was amazing. Lovely tea offered in my room upon check-in with 2 perfect shortbread cookies. (But none came with breakfast tea the next morning--boo hoo). Lovely bathroom. Charming room. Helpful, caring staff. Special favors I better not mention so I don't get anyone into trouble, but done out of helpfulness, caring, saving money, and initiative. Honor bar in lobby w/fireplace.

Room Tip: Back rooms are quieter than main street, but you are RIGHT across from the TUBE station which is a H...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 15 years. It seems to have changed ownership and the staff is not as friendly and accommodating as past visits. In the past the staff was so friendly and engaging, this time they seemed to be more interested in talking with one another than with the guests The rooms also are in need of some updating, my room was not very clean and stains on the carpet.
The elevator was broken during my entire visit, and I had to walk up 2 flights of stairs, not a major issue, but based upon the rates of this hotel, a broken elevator needs instant repair!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Zermatt, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have stayed at the Pelham last week on a business trip.
The welcome was very warm and the luggage was in the room so quickly that I hadn't even realized that it was gone.
Of course I was out of the hotel most of the time during the day but whenever I came back, I felt as if I came home.

Lovely people around, perfect staff, perfect management...
I have had breakfast only once and that also was very good.
Upon departure I have forgotten my phone charger which was promptly returned to my office at no charge. That was a nice surprise.

The only thing that could need a little improvement was that there is no complimentary internet. In todays day and age, this should be a standard.

I am certainly going back to the Pelham, whenever I return to London.
Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Pelham Hotel? Share your experiences!