“Comfortable and friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Kensington

You added Park Grand London Kensington to your Saves list
Park Grand London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33-37 Hogarth Road | Kensington, London SW5 OQQ, England (Formerly BEST WESTERN PREMIER Park Grand London Kensington) (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #197 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Brighton
“Comfortable and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed for 2 nights whilst attending a training course, and the hotel was ideal for that purpose. Conveniently located a short walk from Earl's Court tube station and surrounded by shops and restaurants (everything from McDonalds, Boots and Sainsbury's Express to nicer looking restaurants).

All the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful; from the warm welcome from the doormen to the polite service at breakfast. Check-in was quick and easy, and checking out and having a taxi called was also quite efficient (despite me having woken up an hour late and being in a flap).

The Superior/Deluxe Double room was comfortable (bed very comfy with choice of pillows), and the shower room was modern with a large shower that worked well. Included large flat screen tv, usb hub, a couple of full length mirrors, a magnifying mirror, microwave, fresh fruit, bottle of mineral water, tea/coffee/biscuits, toiletries that included body lotion and shower cap etc. For London hotels, it was quite a good size room.

Room service was good - food well presented. (Salad was great value, curry was average but still nice)

One of the downsides was that breakfast was a bit disappointing - the hot food was a bit cold, and not replenished sufficiently, e.g. the scrambled eggs had nearly run out but had not been topped up so I had to use up the soggy bits at the bottom of the dish, which were going cold. Others seemed to enjoy it, going back for seconds though. Although there's a £5 tray charge to have breakfast room service, I would pay it if staying again because you get to choose your breakfast (e.g. type of eggs you would like - only scrambled was on offer in buffet) and it'll probably arrive fresher (and you won't have to wait for people to slowly ladle their food on their plates ahead of you, or stand cooking your own toast!). Plus pre-booked room service would wake you up preventing you from oversleeping by an hour...

Another downside was a bit of confusion - I was told I had been upgraded to a Club room, but I don't think I was, which was a bit of a let down! All the photos I've seen on trip advisor and the company website indicate that my room was the Superior/Deluxe Double I booked. I'm wondering if the Deluxe Doubles slightly differ, and that I was given one of the better ones in that range - that would make more sense to me.

Last downside is that there were a couple of small housekeeping issues. There was a plastic wrapper in the shower plug hole, which when pulled out had hairs attached to it. There was a long hair on the floor that wasn't mine. One of the towels had three holes in it and was frayed (I didn't mind too much as there were other towels which were ok).

Despite the few negatives, I still gave the hotel a 5 rating as I had a very pleasant and comfortable time. I was able to sit on a large comfy bed, in a comfortable room, watching tv with a nice room service tray on my lap, have a hot shower in a modern bathroom, and was treated very well by all the staff I met. So that's enough to make me happy!

Room Tip: Rooms above ground floor level seem to have better reviews (lighter, more spacious).
Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This lovely hotel is an easy three-minute walk from the Earl's Court tube, which is one of the easier stations to get in and out of, yet very close to all the action on the West End. The free breakfast that came with the room was very good – hot buffet with eggs, bacon, potatoes, everything you could ask for – and very fast.

The staff were all friendly and helpful and our top floor room was very clean and comfortable. My only complaints are about the lights in the room that only seem to operation with a room key in a slot by the door. We couldn't turn off all of the lights when the key was in the slot, and we couldn't turn on anything when it wasn't. So if you just want to turn on the light in the bathroom, you get lights over the bed too.

The multiple sockets by the dressing table were a nice surprise. But we couldn't get either the USB or US socket to work, so it didn't help us at all.

Room Tip: The two lifts work pretty well, so don't hesitate to ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After reading some of the not-so-positive reviews about long waits at check-in and musty rooms, I must have been very fortunate to get the room which I stayed for 4 days. At the top floor, it is small (as usual) but is very clean and looks new. As someone has mentioned earlier, the multiple sockets at the dressing table are very useful for charging gadgets. Down to the reception, the check-in is swift and the porters were ever ready to assist with my baggage without being asked. Location wise....there's nothing to complain about with its proximity to Earl's Court station and a 10 mins walk to a Sainsbury.

Room Tip: Although it's only 5 storeys high, try to get a room at the higher floors for a better view.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked into this hotel because our daughter lives across the road. As it turns it I think that it is a great value for money hotel. Our room happens to be quite big ... room 416 ... the others are smaller ... I guess we got lucky.

It is very clean and the staff are pleasant. We haven't eaten here but we have used the gym which is basic but adequate.

Another bonus is that it is a three minute walk to the Earls Court Tube.

Room Tip: Ask for a high level room at the end of the corridor.
Hod Hasharon, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is a very nice hotel in a very good location close lo the Earl Court underground station.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
Very good breakfast with a variety of food to choose from.
The only reservation is the rooms under the firs floor. They are difficult to reach so ask for an upper floor.
Free wifi is a big bonus.

Room Tip: As I mentioned only upper floor rooms. Room 100 and above.
NW England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed from my partners 50th birthday in early November and overall were very impressed by the hotel. Rooms were really contemporary and nicely furnished. Cleanliness was spot on - absolutely nothing to complain about in this respect!

We did book one of the larger rooms though and it was worth it as I suspect that the smaller rooms would have felt too small. This is London though!

Staff were very courteous, helpful and obliging. Again, no complaints in that department.

Location maybe ain't the greatest, but you are just a couple of minutes walk away from Earls Court tube station.

The only gripe was about breakfast. No problems with the food - far from it - but it did get very busy at times, perhaps not helped by the fact that we head that they serve guests from adjoining hotels.

But that is being somewhat picky about what was an enjoyable and extremely pleasant stay

Room Tip: If you can afford it, choose one of the bigger rooms.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Shropshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Overall I was very disappointed with the hotel. I have stayed in lots of hotels and this appealed to me for our 1 night stay in London due to location and price.
To start with there was one receptionist and a queue of 6 people checking in, and 4 porters just stood there surely one of these should be trained to do check in ?
After 15-20 minutes we finally checked in we were told we had a upgrade and were on lower ground floor. We were shown to our room the whole floor smelt musty then the upgrade room ! I would be interesting to see what the other room would be like!
The room in general was fairly tidy but certain things not exactly how it should be, the armchair was frayed on all edges, hairdryer end melted, bathroom door would not shut and the shower would not drain !
Then the one tiny window to daylight on the street was obviously by the skip because all we could see was rubbish.
The area in general was ok but Not walking distance from museums, we did but took a good half hour of quick walking.

I could go on and on about this but this hotel is probably one I had best expectations of but was extremely disappointed so would not stay there again or recommend it

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Grand London Kensington? Share your experiences!