“Lovely rooms, adequate service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Kensington

Save Saved
You added Park Grand London Kensington to your Saves list
Park Grand London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33-37 Hogarth Road | Kensington, London SW5 OQQ, England (Formerly BEST WESTERN PREMIER Park Grand London Kensington) (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #169 of 1,074 Hotels in London
Wales
“Lovely rooms, adequate service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed at this hotel in September on business for 2 nights. Excellent location, only a 5 minutes walk from Earls Court tube station. Rooms are excellent and the bathroom, although small, is very impressive. Room location was quite a walk from the hotel on the lower ground floor and right on the street which at times could be quite noisy. If stayed again in the future would ask for a room on a different floor. Staff service was ok, not fantastic, for example the gym is currently out of order and was not informed of this at check in until I actually went to use it. Reception staff could also be more attentive to people who are in the general area. All in all this is a lovely hotel and I would return it just needs a few small service improvements to ensure the entire experience is as pleasing as the hotel itself.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed in the Park Grand with my wife for three nights earlier this month. We chose the location for easy access to our respective places of work but also for some social activities in the evening. The location couldn't be better and is only two or three minutes walk from Earl's Court tube station. For the first night we were allocated a basement room, which would have been fine had it not been for the bad smell in the room. We asked for it to be checked the following day, but on return it was no better, so we were moved to a fifth floor room, which was much better. The rooms are spotless and well maintained, while the staff are very friendly and helpful. Will certainly consider this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Maidstone, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were given a room in the basement with no natural light. I was told the hotel was full when I requested a room on an upper floor. Booked a room illustrated on the website WITH a window ( Does this contravene the trade descriptions act?). Would have paid a quarter of the price paid here for a similar basement room elsewhere.
Should you get a room above ground level you should have a good stay in a well appointed, modern hotel, near the underground station.

Room Tip: Read above. Book above ground level room.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had booked into the Premier Kensington for our stay after Proms in the Park, only to be upgraded to this one. We did get a room downstairs with no window, but for us it wasn't a problem as we were spending so little time in the room. The room itself was a good size, with a good shower and everything else we needed. The staff were both friendly and polite. We enjoyed a last minute drink in the bar just before it shut at midnight and the staff were more then happy to leave us in there on our own until we had finished our drinks. Breakfast next morning was included in the price and very good indeed. Location was perfect for Hyde Park and we'd definitely consider staying here again

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Close to Earls Court underground station. We stayed just the one night but would happily have stayed more. Helpful receptionist.
Lovely room with free fruit in room. Mini bar in room. Great range of food for breakfast. More than plenty to eat.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Kirriemuir
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel exceeded expectations, lovely room and very helpful staff. We did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the food. Great location near the tube and plenty of good pubs nearby. Would recommend this hotel for a stay in London.

Room Tip: We were in 318 which is a superior room, faces the back but still good. Nicely appointed and bed was...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Clayton C, House Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Alan Y,

Thank you, once again, for choosing the Park Grand Kensington for your recent stay. It was a pleasure to have you with us.

I am delighted to learn that we have surpassed your expectations as our team strives very hard to ensure that all our guests have a great stay.

I really appreciate your recommendation as the best recommendations are the ones from our guests.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future.

If we can help with anything please do not hesitate to contact us. I can be reached directly on clayton@parkgrandkensington.co.uk

Many Thanks

(T):- 020 7370 6831
(F):- 020 7373 6179
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Myself and my partner recently booked a room for an overnight stay, I say my partner, I booked the room as a surprise after looking at many hotels before hand, going through the process of selecting dates and room types over and over on multiple sites comparing packages until I finally settled on this Hotel. So I went back to the site and made my booking. The site of course defaults to today's date and that's the date I booked and went home. The next morning after printing out the tickets I spotted my mistake so actually booked a new room for the correct date and attempted to go for a refund on the room booked in error. I would have accepted a no if the room had perhaps been held for me but the truth was the room would of been vacant, they had plenty of rooms available and I made the booking around 5pm for the same day so an innocent mistake I thought. What with rebooking for the correct date as well I was expecting something back but unfortunately for me, and my mistake, there was no concession on the new room only a pretence to upgrade the room. Since i'd booked the most expensive room anyway I wasn't sure what the upgrade entailed. Unless it was the complimentary fruit? Any way I kept this to myself and overall the stay was pleasant but I spotted a large number of hotels in the vicinity and whose to say one of those wouldn't have been more understanding. I would obviously recommend against this hotel as staff don't have the authority to help should you have any problems. In total for my one night stay and fruit it was around £500. I felt it was obviously a mistake and since there was no loss to the hotel they could have reduced the cost of the rebooking. Just anything other than fruit to lessen the blow.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Grand London Kensington? Share your experiences!