“Our stay at the Park Grand Kensington” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Kensington

Save Saved
You added Park Grand London Kensington to your Saves list
Park Grand London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33-37 Hogarth Road | Kensington, London SW5 OQQ, England (Formerly BEST WESTERN PREMIER Park Grand London Kensington) (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #135 of 1,073 hotels in London
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
“Our stay at the Park Grand Kensington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just returned from a three day trip from this lovely hotel with my husband. Could not fault this hotel at all, very clean,facilities were great and staff very helpful and friendly. It is in a very good location for catching the tube at Earls Court and is only a very short walk maybe about 100 metres making it easy to go anywhere in London. Would definitely be returning soon.
Thanks again Park Grand.

Room Tip: Request a high floor as lower levels don't have natural day light.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

380 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
The Hague, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The location was not spectacular as the hotel is located on a side street with no views. The appearance inside and out was fine and the room was quite small but clean and tidy. We give this hotel a "Poor" rating because of the customer service of the staff. They were not friendly at all. We had a business meeting in the restaurant and they rushed us out stating they needed to prepare immediately for a photo shoot. We were there more than an hour later after we were forced to cut our meeting short and never saw one person come in to prep for the "so called" photo shoot. Our stay at the hotel was not a pleasant experience because of the unfriendly staff who clearly haven't been trained in the area of good customer service. We would not recommend anyone stay there. We will definitely choose a different hotel next time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Limassol, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I chose this hotel for our trip to London based on many positive reviews and we were not disappointed. It surely had its minuses - a very slow elevator, tiny-tiny rooms and narrow halls. The cleaniness of the rooms is fine, however we did notice that vacuuming is not something that's done thoroughly. And finally there is one thing that just makes me go nuts - I just hate it when I'm in my room and room service opens the door with their own key as if it's their own house! In this hotel they do that in the evenings to bring chocolates! We experienced it twice, learned our lesson and put a "do not desturb sign" each time we would enter our room. No chocolates, thank you very much!
Otherwise it's a good hotel, really. For the price you pay, you get an excellent location right near the tube, but in a quiet street.
Beds are wonderful and I slept like a baby;)
All in all, not a bad experience. Would return.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Alford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

A very well appointed hotel, that was spotlessly clean, with helpful friendly staff. Although the rooms were quite small, they were very well equipped, clean and very comfortable. Given that we used the rooms as a base for our visit, it was in great proximity to Earls Court tube station, which is only a few stops from the centre of the city and the primary tourist destinations. There are also some very good, reasonably priced restaurants close by too should you wish to vary your eating, rather than staying in the hotel.

All in all, we found the hotel to be very good value for this area of London, and will certainly use again on our next trip to the city.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Clayton C, Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear BRMercer,

Thank you for such for this candid review.

I am thrilled to know that we have already won you over as a returning guest is our ultimate reward.

The team of the Park Grand Kensington is already looking forward to welcome you back.

Do let me know if we can help arrange anything for your next stay, I can be contacted on clayton@parkgrandkensington.co.uk

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Firstly, having lived in London, the location of the hotel is Earls Court, not Kensington. Anyone having lived in London also knows the difference! On arrival I was asked for id, a passport or driving licence. I advised the receptionist (Polish?) that I don't carry either of these things, and that the reservation had not requested that I bring these, only the credit card that was used for the booking. She said it was unusual that I did not have id as in 'Europe' everybody had id cards! I felt like saying, this is the UK, not Europe, but instead showed her my credit card used for the online reservation, which 'sufficed'(my words not hers). I was allowed to leave luggage, prior to check in time, which was helpful. When I returned much later in the evening I was shown to my room. The room was in the basement of the hotel and was a decent size. However, it had an obstructed window, which actually opened onto a brick wall, with lights to give false impression of outside light. Once these lights were switched off, the room was dark & dingy and claustrophobic, and when you had no TV/other noise you could hear the underground trains deep beneath you (or not as the case may be!). The staff on the whole, we're polite enough. We did not eat at hotel so cannot comment on food. I wouldn't return to this hotel or the location, which for the west end is a bit too far out and I wouldn't recommend this to a friend.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Probably the best budget hotel I have stayed at in Central London. The corridoors are a little narrow near the rooms but that will pass. The breakfast here is a highlight with one of the best English breakfasts you will have. Ensure you get a deal on the breakfast when you book. In the room all you need is taken care of.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Clayton C, Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Jonathan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review about your stay.
I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The team of the Park Grand Kensington can’t wait to have you back.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We only slept at this hotel and we didnt had any breakfast or dinner.
We stayed at the 3rd floor and that was fine to us. The elevator was working good.
The room was very nice. Not that spacious when you have 2 suitcases, but it will do.

We had a very luxurious bathroom. With a rainshower and a normal shower. The bathtub was clean and proper. Our room had a microwave and coffee and tea making facility's.
Big thick towels wich I loved. And what I found an extra future, whas that the room had 3 sorts of buttons nearby the entree. Wich you can use for not being disturbed, for cleaning the room, or for call some help.
If you pressed the button 'not being disturbed' the housekeeper could see that on your door.
So there's no fiddling with cards who will fall off you door or something like that.

The location was a big plus. It was a 20 minute walk to hydepark. Within a half our you will be at piccadilly circus. And on earlscourtstreet there were 3 big grocerystores if you'd like to do your own grocery. And at earls court street there are enough places to eat, breakfast, lunch and dinner! The location of the hotel is 5 minutes walk to earls court station. We did not used this a lot. We found out you can cycle with Barclays bikes who you can rent for 2 Pounds a day.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this forum. I am certain that they will be appreciated by other travellers too.
I really appreciate that you took the time to mention our services.
We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back soon.

(F):- 020 7373 6179

Been to Park Grand London Kensington? Share your experiences!