“Best stay in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Kensington

Save Saved
You added Park Grand London Kensington to your Saves list
Park Grand London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33-37 Hogarth Road | Kensington, London SW5 OQQ, England (Formerly BEST WESTERN PREMIER Park Grand London Kensington) (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #132 of 1,075 hotels in London
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Best stay in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Arrived to a friendly and helpful greeting, in fact all the staff I came in contact with were excellent and the atmosphere of the hotel was much more personal than the size. My room, whilst good size and very clean, which was expected and was well furnished with taste. The bathroom was spacious enough and well fitted out. Beautiful curtains to blocked light completely and the soundproofing is fantastic.
Service staff was friendly and the breakfast was outstanding. Great location with plenty to see in walking distance and next to Earls court Exhibition Centre and Station. This is probably the best hotel I have stayed in London to date, the standards in all aspects were high. The hotel was spotlessly clean, but overall I would stay here for the complete peace and quiet which is almost impossible to achieve in London!
I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Clayton C, Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this review, today
Dear Paul S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was happy to read that you found our hotel very personal and our staff excellent.
Our hotel does offer an outstanding breakfast with our chefs taking great care into its preparation, so I am glad that you enjoyed it.

We would most definitely look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, if I can assist in arranging your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me directly on clayton@parkgrandkensington.co.uk

Kind Regards,

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We got a great deal on Wotif and were more than happy with the room. Small but clean and a very comfortable bed. The shower was fantastic with 2 different shower heads. All of the staff were friendly and accommodating. Free tea, coffee & biscuits in the room was a great touch. We didn't eat in the restaurant so unable to rate it. The location was great, a couple of minutes walk to Earls Court tube which is on the district, circle and Piccadilly line so easy to get around and to Heathrow.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Rebecca W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Its a shame that you were not able to eat in our restaurant, perhaps next time you visit you will be able to sample our menu if not try one of our chefs 'special of the day'.

The overhead rainfall shower heads in our bathrooms are indeed a delight for many of our guests, especially if it is something that you were not expecting.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel, and I would be delighted to assist in arranging this if I can. Please do feel free to contact me directly on clayton@parkgrandkensington.co.uk

Kind Regards,

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Booked at the last minute on the internet as it appeared to be good value.

I booked 2 club rooms but this definition clearly did not mean what I have come to expect 'club room' to mean. These was no club lounge and no extra services that most people come to expect from this title of room. We were a tad surprised as we have stayed in many hotels in 'club rooms' prior to this.

The rooms were of a reasonable size by London standards and well set up, nicely decorated. The beds are extremely comfortable but we did have an issue that the air conditioning was not working. We were moved the next day and I must say that Marco at the front desk was extremely helpful. All the other staff were very nice to deal with.

The hotel is well-positioned close to Earls Court Station but the streets around it are still a bit "dodgy". All-in-all a reasonable hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Suefischer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I'm glad that you found it be very reasonable.

I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly on clayton@parkgrandkensington.co.uk in order to discuss your experience with us.

Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just a short walk to the Earl's Court underground station, with lots of eateries, cafes and mini-markets nearby to catch a snack coming and going to the hotel, this was a perfect location for us. Room was nice, clean, spacious with all the expected amenities. Service was exceptional, provided by smiling and personable front desk staff. We particularly appreciated customized maps from hotel to our destinations and back, and several other special requests which were graciously accommodated. Great value for the rate. Note: there is a small computer room just off the lobby with free access to check emails, print boarding pass/excursion tickets etc. Nice touch! We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Salsasenora,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel.

It is so nice to hear that you found our front desk staff personable with exceptionable service.

Our hotel is indeed located within reach of Earls Court station giving it easy access to all of London and its many attractions.

Do let me know if I may help you with anything else, and if we should expect you to return soon. I can be reached on clayton@parkgrandkensington.co.uk

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Greater Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My fiancé and I decided at past minute to stay at this hotel as we needed to go to London before we travelled back to Australia .
The staff have to be the nicest ,polite,welcoming staff we have met in a hotel , we had stayed at 11 hotels in June on our travels and this was the best out of all!

The room itself is a little tiny but as far as the bed , bathroom and everything else , that makes up for the size of the room. It was perfect !

I don't usually write reviews unless the hotel is bad or really good and this is one of the best I've stayed in !

Compliments the most to the male staff, the ones that got our bags for us etc , they are very well mannered and make you feel welcomed ! The owner of the hotel should be proud of their staff , its rare to find staff this good in hotels anymore !

Thank you!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Aussieandpom,

I am very glad to hear that your experience at our hotel and in particular our staff was so good that you had to leave a review.

Our staff take pride in the service they provide to our guests and I am so very proud that this is being translated into the guest experience.

I shall ensure that your comments are passed on to all staff as well as higher management.

If I can be of any further help please do feel free to contact me on clayton@parkgrandkensington.co.uk

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Many Thanks,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Park Grand in London Kensington for one night. We were meeting friends there who were also staying at the hotel. When they first gave us our room, we thought it smelled like cigarette smoke. We called reception asking if we could change rooms. She said that smoking wasn't allowed in the hotel and there was a £2,0000 fine. We told her we knew this, but the room still smelled like smoke. She then said she'd send someone up. After waiting almost 15 minutes, we just took our luggage and went down to the reception. She said she sent someone up, but we informed her that we'd been waiting in the room and no one had shown up. A fellow employee said he went into the hallway and it didn't smell like smoke (??) We said, the hallway was fine, it was the room that smelled like smoke. Anyway, they did switch our room and actually our 2nd room was much better - bigger shower / bathroom. I wasn't very happy about the way the girl at reception handled our complaint though, so glad we got a better room. The rooms are very nice and well decorated. The room isn't very large, but fine for two people and average for London standards. Our 2nd room also had a mini frige, which the first did not. We didn't eat in the hotel, but walked a few blocks to find several choices of good eating establishments. There is also a McDonalds right next to the tube station which was handy for a quick breakfast. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the tube station as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mini frig - don't know if they are larger, but our first room didn't h...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Eatsleeptour,

Thank you for your comments, I'm sorry that you were not happy with the way your issue had been handled. I would like to discuss this further with you if at all possible, please feel free to contact me on clayton@parkgrandkensington.co.uk

I'm glad that the team was able to remedy the situation in the end for you, and that you felt that the rooms were well decorated.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

On arrival we were told our room wasn't available and the only room available was a downgrade.
This we accepted, but then were told that the price was the same as we had booked through a discount site. That's a first for me, especially as we had decided to take a room that was better than the cheapest available.
Room was ok apart from the dying plant, a shower mat that did a fairly good act as a skateboard and a wonderful view of a wall 2 metres away.
Location good, staff fine just disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Bob P,

I'm sorry to hear that your recent stay with us left you feeling disappointed.

I would appreciate it if you could contact me on clayton@parkgrandkensington.co.uk in order to discuss this further with you.

Many Thanks,

Park Grand London Kensington.

Been to Park Grand London Kensington? Share your experiences!