“Way better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Kensington

You added Park Grand London Kensington to your Saves list
Park Grand London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33-37 Hogarth Road | Kensington, London SW5 OQQ, England (Formerly BEST WESTERN PREMIER Park Grand London Kensington) (South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STAY 3 NIGHTS GET 15% OFF
Ranked #164 of 1,060 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Quebec City, Canada
“Way better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed at this Best Western location from September 3rd to the 6th, and despite reading bad reviews by other travelers, I was pleasantly surprised. Upon my arrival, I was upgraded to a nicer room with a double bed free of charge. The room was modern, very clean and nicely furnished. Everyday, I'd get a couple of little chocolates on my pillow, which was nice! The hotel is also convienently located, a short distance from the Earl's Court tube station which leads you directly to Heathrow Airport. There are also plenty of stores and restaurants nearby as well as a post office. The only negative thing is that my printed Expedia itinerary mentioned that breakfast was included, which was not the case. Also, better lighting and a make-up mirror would have been appreciated in my bathroom.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ASehgal, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington for your recent visit to London.

Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us to understand what we are doing right and where we can improve to make sure all of our guests have a memorable stay with us.

Thank you for the good comments about the rooms and location. I am very happy that you had a pleasant stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you back again

Best Regards

Reception Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Leeds UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I used this hotel for a business trip and it cost about £107 for the night.

The hotel is about 3 minutes on foot from Earl's Court tube station, so is very easy to get to and locate.

The room was small, but was very clean and modern. Seemed to have been recently refurbished and everything was very stylish and contemporary. All things you need are there, large TV, tea/coffee - fantastic modern bathroom. Nice to stay in somewhere that feels so new.

The staff were very friendly and efficient.

I didn't dine or do breakfast there, but the dining area also looked very new and modern.

I'll definitely go back here and I'm giving this place an excellent vote, based on value. £107 was a great price for such a nice room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ASehgal, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Kensington, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington for your recent stay in London and thank you very much for your lovely review.

I am very happy that you had a pleasant stay with us; from the whole team thank you for the very nice comments with regards to the service.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you to the hotel again in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and found it to be pleasant. Unfortunately the size of the rooms were small but that didn't matter as the service was very good. The hotel could do with a ramp at the stairs since many other guests including us, had baby prams. That meant waiting for help to get the prams down the stairs. We were quite lucky as we managed to find some staff member to help us with ours. Other than that, food, service and amenities were good and the location was convenient.
We booked a tour through the hotel and the receptionist was very helpful. Would stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington.

Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us understand what we are doing right and where we can improve to make sure all of our guests have a memorable stay with us.

I was very happy to learn you had a pleasant stay and your comments with regards to our team are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcome back again

Best Regards

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Good location, only short walk to Earl's Court tube station.
Arrived in the evening, room allocated was in the basement and was small but clean and neat with only a small double bed.
Staff asked if we wished to change the next day which we did so to a room on the 4th floor. Much bigger with a king sized bed. Staff pleasant and willing to help. Didn't eat at hotel as too expensive, plenty of places nearby for breakfast much cheaper.

Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington.

I was very happy to learn that you had a pleasant stay. I am looking forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the near future.

Cape Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

It could not have been more pleasant than with the good food, good accommodation and very courteous staff. The hotel is conveniently located to Earls Court Tube Station and quiet. I did however express surprise at having only one lift for the hotel so we had to use the stairs daily.
Wi-fi worked well too. Saw a good gym and swimming pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Premier Park Grand London Kensington for your recent stay in London and thank you very much for your review.

Reception Mananger
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We got lucky and because the Heathrow Best Western overbooked, we ended up getting upgraded to this location. Its literally 2 minutes away from Earl's Court tube station which means during the day time its alive and entertaining, and when its time to sleep its peacefully quiet. Top it all off with a very good English Breakfast and excellent service, and I can't imagine staying anywhere else next time we come.

The rooms are a bit of a tight fit, but what do you expect in London? The neighborhood is amazing, though things do shut down quite early for my tastes, around 9 or 10 pm. Everything is extremely clean though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the good comments about the facilities and location. We are indeed pleased to know that your stay was satisfactory and was comfortable too.

We hope this visit would be one of many and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

Alnwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I booked a single room here at short notice and pre paid online with booking.com. I was'nt expecting such a nice hotel so close to Earls Court tube station! The room I had was a small double ( although I had only pre paid the rate for a single room) on the 4th floor. The bed was very comfortable and I had a great night's sleep. The room was very modern with a large flat screen TV and a panel of sockets for HDMI ,USB etc. There was a nice modern kettle, microwave and small fridge.The bathroom did'nt have a bath but the Grohe shower was fine and easy to use.
I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to London. The standards are high enough for my husband. I'm half Australian but I gather that all the Aussie's who used to stay in Earls Court ( funnily called Kensington by Best Western Premier) now stay in Brixton!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor have a nice large window