“Great Location, Nice Rooms!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN The Cromwell

You added BEST WESTERN The Cromwell to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN The Cromwell
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110-112 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London SW7 4ES, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #566 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Arnold, Maryland
“Great Location, Nice Rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel has nice rooms of a decent size. We stayed at the hotel at the beginning and at the end of our UK visit and found both rooms clean, well-equipped, and quiet. The hotel was in the process of some renovations, but the staff limited the disruption to guests, and we never had a problem with noise. The hotel is just minutes from the tube, a post office, shopping, and pubs. We would definitely choose the Cromwell again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Nichola R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Cromwell, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate that you took the time to post details of your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to read that each time you have stayed at our hotel you have had an enjoyable experience and I can assure you that the next time will be no different. I would like to thank you for spreading the word of our fantastic hotel throughout the TripAdvisor community and I will ensure that we always have a room available for you when you visit London.

Take Care,
Nicki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel has a great location with a 2 minute walk to the tube station. We took the Piccadilly line from the airport and saw the hotel as we exited the station. We heavily utilized the metro as we traveled across London, seeing as much as we could. There is also a market across the street and many restaurants, coffee shops and pubs within a block of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful with suggestions for the area. Many of them are younger students who perhaps English is not their first language but we had no difficulties. Our room was cozy, we had to open the door to have enough room for an open suitcase and iron a shirt but the bath is modern and updated so we were happy. Only issues were technical problems. The wifi does not reach the 5th floor, or at least for our devices and the lift stopped working when we checked out. Asked for help and it was happily given. Breakfast was convenient in the basement but we found a better option was sitting outside at one of the many coffee shops across from the tube station. Good value for the $$.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you were very comfortable in your accommodations and that the location was perfect for your needs. I would like to thank you for the positive feedback you have provided with regards to the friendliness of team. I shall certainly pass on your comments for them to read.

We hope you will come and stay with us once again in the near future.

Palma de Mallorca, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our room was very spacious, espcially for hotels in London this was a nice surprise. The room was also very quiet as it faced the side of the building. The bed was very comfortable and the room was fully equipped with everything needed.
Breakfast was good, typical enlish and with very good croissants.
the hotel is in a very good neighborhood, a supermarket is right across the street, several bars and coffee shops as well and the tube is just around the corner.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the wonderful feedback that you have provided with regards to your recent stay.

I am glad that you found your room spacious and suitable for your needs. I was also pleased to read that you found the quality of the food in our breakfast room to be of a superior standard which was equally matched by the service in which it was received.

Kind Regards
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Located 2 minutes from Gloucester Road Underground station you are very close to direct, cheap transportation to Heathrow. Just a few stops (Circle, District and Piccadilly lines) from central London, within walking distance of Victoria & Albert Museum and a little bit further on comes Harrods.
Slightly unpersonal hotel, but very helpful and knowledgeable reception. Effective room service and ok breakfast. Free easily accessible wi-fi. Nice restaurants in the area. We will be back!

Hans Henrik D., Copenhagen

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at or above 1st floor. The bed was very soft and so small that it would best suit a yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at The Cromwell. It is always lovely to receive such positive feedback from our valued guests and to know we have met their expectations.

Wicklow, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for for three nights in the Best Western Cromwell Road. The location is ideal for a number of reasons ;
1. It is a three minute walk from Gloucester tube station which is on the Piccadilly line. The Piccadilly line on the underground system runs from Heathrow airport so you can get from the airport to this hotel in about 40 mins.
2. The location of this hotel is great for visiting many museums. The Victoria and Albert Museum, The Science Museum and The Natural History Museum are less than a ten minute walk from the hotel.
3. Last but not least is that the hotel is right beside one of the stops on The Big Sightseeing Bus Tour. Buy your tickets for the tour from reception and if you pay for the 24 hr tour , you get a 48 hr ticket for the same price. It's the best way to see London on this Bus tour and the fact that the hotel is beside the Gloucester stop is great.
The hotel reception staff are very friendly and helpful. the room we got was very stuffy so they gave us a big fan and it solved that problem.
Yes , the rooms are very small but adequate. After all you don't go to London to sit in the hotel!!!
The rooms are spotless.
The breakfast was lovely. A widespread Continental style buffet breakfast. Again the staff were very friendly.
I have been to London over thirty times over the years and can honestly say this hotel is hard to beat for all the reasons laid out above. In fact we are going back this September for three nights.
Incidentally, the is a wonderful restaurant called The Green Door if you turn left outside the hotel and right at the traffic lights. They have the best fillet steak!. There is a wonderful ambiance with the likes of Frank Sinatra laying in the background.The menu is first class as is the service. Be warned it is VERY expensive but you get what you pay for. You're worth it. Spoil yourself.
Lastly Hyde Park is a ten minute walk from the hotel. A lovely stroll in the evening , I would recommend it.
One very small criticism...be warned : the maid knocks on the door and walks straight. No time to grab your robe. Might be a suggestion that she gives it 20-30 seconds before entering.
I'm looking forward to my next stay at this great hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nichola R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Cromwell, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay, I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel.

I am delighted that you were comfortable in your accommodations and that the location was perfect for your needs. I would like to thank you for the positive feedback you have provided with regards to the friendliness of team. I shall certainly pass on your comments for them to read.

Thank you for bringing to our attention the incident with housekeeping entering the bedroom. This has been addressed with the housekeeping team and the appropriate action has been taken.

Take Care,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was basic and small but had everything we needed. It was in a good location, close to the underground station. Unfortunately the lift was broken which made if difficult for us to get out suitcases upstairs.
Breakfast was ok, it had what we needed but nothing exciting to mention.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to express my thanks for taking the time to write this review and sharing your experience at our hotel.

Unfortunately we have experienced a technical problem with our lift and parts needed to be ordered tor rectify the problem. This matter is now resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Winchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our stay in London was ruined because of this hotel. I believe they gave our room type away and then insisted it was our fault and Expedia's fault that we didn't get the rooms we had reserved.

The staff, including the Manager, do not understand the term "twin". Please be aware, they will tell you a twin is a single, when on any website a twin is a two bedded room.

When I book hotel rooms (which I do often) I'm not in the habit of booking two rooms each with one single bed for me, my 6'3" husband and two grown sons! But this is what I was repeatedly accused of by the staff at this hotel, including the Manager Nicki, who instead of trying to help, just insisted it was not their fault - horrible customer service.

Apart from our rooms being short two beds, they were beyond small and ours had a huge crack in the basin. When I told the front desk clerk he acted surprised - the crack had clearly been there for a very long time!

The location is very good and the rooms are clean and modern but I have never experienced a hotel manager who justs wants to play a blame game instead of trying to help a family who physically do not have enough beds for bodies!

When you've taken the time to search for your ideal hotel and then carefully booked your rooms. When you've looked forward to your stay for months, an experience like this is so incredibly disappointing. We spent an hour and a half trying to resolve the issue of two missing beds. It was never resolved. We missed our dinner reservation. My husband and I had to share a single bed and one of my grown sons had to sleep on the floor.

Our confirmation from Hotwire showed no room type at all! Unfortunatley, we were completley at the Cromwell's mercy when we arrived three months after making the booking :(

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nichola R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Cromwell, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay.

I am very disappointed to read your feedback. Two single rooms were booked with us (the confirmation you provided also states two rooms for one person in each). The hotel honoured the bookings that we had received. The hotel was fully booked and therefore we were not able to provide any additional bedrooms. Both the reception team and myself offered to call your booking agent as you insisted they had made the mistake. This you declined. You were offered an alternative bedroom in our sister hotel or assistance in looking for an alternative hotel in the area. Both these offers of assistance were declined by you.

I am sorry you felt you received poor customer service. Under the circumstances I strongly feel that the team and myself tried to assist you in every way possible.

Kind Regards
Nicki

Been to BEST WESTERN The Cromwell? Share your experiences!