Five minutes walk to the Tube and the 47 bus just outside the door gives location a +++. Several shops in the area including a Sainsbury and many small restaurants is also very positive.
The hotel has many small winding staircases and narrow corridors. The elevator doesn't reach the 5th floor. A fire would be devastating ! The room was small with very little floorspace but had what you need and with good quality. Nice bathroom, mine had a big crack in the washbasin. No bathtub but a nice shower with lots of hot water with good pressure ( 5th floor).
In the receptionarea there is a small lounge with a bar for snacks and drinks.
A full English breakfast was served in the basement. Good supply of whatever you might need.
Check-out is at 11 am. This is early. When asked if a late check-out was possible the Spanish guy at reception said OK but it costs 25£ per hour !! Most hotels would grant you at least an hour, unless they are very tight with bookings and clean-ups.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional hotel with multilingual staff; housed in 19th century Victorian in Kensington, near Hyde Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Fastbooking, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN The Cromwell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western The Cromwell Hotel London
- Best Western London
- London Best Western
- BEST WESTERN The Cromwell London, England