“At last!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN The Cromwell

You added BEST WESTERN The Cromwell to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN The Cromwell
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110-112 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London SW7 4ES, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #566 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Northumberland
“At last!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Spent 2 nights at the Cromwell last week & am relieved to say I've at last found a decent place to stay in London! Very friendly & helpful staff, bang up to date room & lovely shower room, very clean, coffee & bix & a decent breakfast. Also a great location 2 mins from Gloucester Road tube; good for business or pleasure. It was a small double room so fine for me on my own; it might have been a squeeze for 2 people! Recommned this hotel if you can get a decent rate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nichola R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Cromwell, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. It is an absolute delight reading your very complimentary comments about the staff and the service that you received whilst staying with us.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Take care,
Nicki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very nice hotel. Had to get used to walking up stairs in unusual spots to get to your room, but was very, very quiet. The bathrooms are a very nice size with plenty of room in the showers. The bedrooms, however are very small even for one person, but are surprisingly very adequate. I found that the hotel is in a perfect spot if you like to walk about the town. Unfortunately, they don't have a microwave in the rooms, because I found the M&S had some incredible meals, sometimes better than some of the restaurants in the vicinity. Upon my return, will definitely stay here again. Thanks London!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Nichola R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Cromwell, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and it is particularly rewarding for us to receive such positive feedback. It will be a pleasure for me to share your comments with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Take Care,
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Checked in on Friday, September 28th, 2012, for a two day stay. (We also stayed for 1 day on Monday the 24th).

Good location, but basically no wifi. On our first day, the staff dismissed it to temporary problems. When we returned on Friday, there were two problems: No wifi access, and a message light that the staff was unable to rest.

1. Our message light was on in the room. Since we had left the hotel number as our contact point for personal and business, I informed the evening shift. Since there was no message waiting, they said they'd reset the light. I also informed the evening staff that the wifi was not working, and they said they needed to reset a router.

The light stayed on all night, and in the morning, I again asked the morning staff, and was told they would reset it. It still stayed on.
In addition, I asked about the wifi, and they said to either use it in the lobby, or they could give me a cable to plug the laptop in the room.

Late morning, we returned to the hotel, and I asked about the message light again, since it was still on. Finally when we returned in the afternoon, it had been turned off.

What disturbed me was that the day duty manager (a women) insisted that the problem was through-out this area of London. Since the internet was fine wired, that explanation was rubbish. In addition, we checked next door at the Crown Plaza, and they said no, there was no problem with wifi.

Overall good location, and the room was fine, but if you need or expect internet access, do not book here. The staff was not helpful in this regard. I would not rebook here if I needed access to the internet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed to read your feedback. Please accept my sincere apology for the hotel not meeting or exceeding your expectations.

In order for the message light to turn off, the message needs to be deleted from the bedroom telephone. If this does not work the staff are trained to override the system to delete the message. The duty manager has addressed this with the front desk staff and all staff members have been retrained in this procedure.

We do have problems with the wifi at the hotel from time to time especially when the surrounding area is busy. Unlike the larger hotels we do not have a dedicated line into the hotel. I am please to advise that we have signed a contract for this line to be installed in August. Due to the high demand there is a waiting period.

Once again I do apologise for the problems you experienced and I do hope that you will consider staying with us in the near future.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Spent three nights here in April 2012 and very satisfied. Very clean, updated room. Small of course, but that's Europe. Amazing location. Right across the street from tube station. Great restaurants and pubs within walking distance.

Breakfast was just okay, but that's a personal preference. Staff was very friendly. Arrived too early to check in, they offered to hold our luggage until we were able to so we go ahead an explore the nearby area.

Overall, great hotel for those traveling on a budget.

Room Tip: We got a room located in the front of the building, seemed to be larger and one wall was basically a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Nichola R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Cromwell, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear guest,

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Tilburg, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We (a family of 3) spent 4 nights in an executive room in end June/early July 2012. We were very pleased with its location - it's super close to the tube (Gloucester Road), with supermarkets (Waitrose and Tesco express) and a great burger place (Byron) just around the corner. The staff at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful too. However, the moment we entered our room, we were disappointed: It's located on the ground floor, with its window facing directly to the bus stop on the road. We soon discovered that our room was actually right next to the front entrance of the hotel, so whenever someone entered or exited the hotel, we could hear it. Upon entering the room, a large sofabed (big enough for 2 in my opinion) had already been prepared for us, so that’s really nice. The downside was that the sofabed took up quite a lot of space, so the room seemed even smaller than it already was. For an ‘executive room’, it was just much smaller than what we had expected but in the end we got used to it. Wifi was nonexistent in our room, which was a real bummer as we were really counting on having internet access; we were not aware of any option to pay for a proper wifi connection either. Strange enough, the wifi connection In the restaurant/breakfast room was excellent. Breakfast was OK; we went for the buffet instead of the continental breakfast. Overall, despite a few minor annoyances here and there, we had a pleasant stay and we would consider coming back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

I am delighted that you found the hospitality to be excellent. I was pleased to hear that you also loved our location. Our location is perfect in terms of tourist attractions, transport methods, restaurants and bars.

We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Take Care,
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have just checked into this establishment today and am already regretting my decision.

The room was not clean. My wife had to wipe the dirt off the couch herself.

Internet does not work in the room (this was an executive room mind you). It only works in the lobby.There is wifi reception in the room but cannot connect to anything. The hotel claimed that we could get internet by a wired connection, but when I plugged in the cable into the wall, the network point was not even activated. The reception was rude when I asked if they could come and look into the problem and said the only thing they could do was to reset the router. If internet access is important to you, this place is a bad idea.

I will have to stay for 4 nights in this disappointing hotel. My advice is to stay away. The rates in Gloucester are quite competitive and there are much better deals nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for adding your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
Please accept my sincere apology that the hotel did not meet or exceeding your expectations.

I was concerned to read your comments regarding both the cleanliness of your room and the service you received from the reception team during your stay with us. These are both areas the hotel prides itself in and for which we normally receive positive comments.

We have been experiencing some problems with the Wifi, however all bedrooms are fitted with the broadband connections. In the near future the hotel will have a dedicated internet line into the hotel which will solve the current issues.

I do hope you will consider staying with us on your next visit to London.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed one night in this hotel in August 2012. I got the booking through the internet (Trivago I think). Really good price and really nicehotel. Not as flashy or commercial as the Millennium Hotel across the road, but it had been refurbished not so long ago I guess as the carpets were all new and springy and decor modern,the bathroom was a really modern design. All was very clean with the usual facilites. Lovely breakfast included in price (full English Breakfast buffet). Staff very helpful. When I checked out they offered to keep my case for me until later in the day.

It is very, very near to Gloucester Road Tube station and the No. 74 bus to Baker Street via Kensington shops (Harrods etc.) and Oxford Street goes by right outside. Within easy walking distance to Museums and Royal Albert Hall, and Hyde Park etc. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Nichola R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Cromwell, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to express my thanks for taking the time to write this review and sharing your experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that your experience was a positive one, made so by our ideal location in the heart of Kensington and our friendly staff who strive in making each guest’s stay an enjoyable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Take care,
Nicki

Been to BEST WESTERN The Cromwell? Share your experiences!