“Super Hotel, Super Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN The Cromwell

You added BEST WESTERN The Cromwell to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN The Cromwell
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   110-112 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London SW7 4ES, England (South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #560 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Super Hotel, Super Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed one night in this hotel in August 2012. I got the booking through the internet (Trivago I think). Really good price and really nicehotel. Not as flashy or commercial as the Millennium Hotel across the road, but it had been refurbished not so long ago I guess as the carpets were all new and springy and decor modern,the bathroom was a really modern design. All was very clean with the usual facilites. Lovely breakfast included in price (full English Breakfast buffet). Staff very helpful. When I checked out they offered to keep my case for me until later in the day.

It is very, very near to Gloucester Road Tube station and the No. 74 bus to Baker Street via Kensington shops (Harrods etc.) and Oxford Street goes by right outside. Within easy walking distance to Museums and Royal Albert Hall, and Hyde Park etc. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Nichola R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Cromwell, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to express my thanks for taking the time to write this review and sharing your experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that your experience was a positive one, made so by our ideal location in the heart of Kensington and our friendly staff who strive in making each guest’s stay an enjoyable one.

Take care,
Nicki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Wooler, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed for two nights during the Paralympics. Great location, very friendly service, very clean, quiet and comfortable rooms. Very convenient, right by Gloucester Road tube station, and a Boris Bike hire point 25 yards away. Yes the rooms are small, but we only wanted a base for our sightseeing and a comfortable place to sleep, which was exactly what we got. Breakfast could have been better (tinned fruit and stale rolls) but adequate for our needs. Perhaps another time we would go out to one of the many coffee shops or cafes in the vicinity. Room was very warm, but a/c was effective if a little noisy to sleep with. Shame the window couldn't be opened. Would we stay again? Yes, assuming the price remains competitive. nb - cheaper deals for the same room are available from agency websites rather than the Best Western site. Shame that you can'tget the best price by going direct.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and four star review.

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us, and found us to be good value for money in all areas. I am pleased that you enjoyed our central location and the facilities surrounding the hotel.

When making your next resevation, please contact the hotel directly on
020 72444680 / 0207 2441720 or via email: reservations@thecromwell.co.uk. to receive the best available rate of the day.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Shropshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am a frequent traveller to London, almost on a weekly basis I have to stay over in London on business. I have stayed in lots of hotels and this particular hotel quite a few times.
A number of the rooms are great, quite spacious and there are also some with a door to a garden patio area which is quite nice.However... some rooms are tiny and especially the bathrooms where if you have the towel rail on your lucky if you dont burn yourself as they are so small.
One really anoying thing (important as a business traveller) if the really poor wifi. Every time I have stayed it is extremely unreliable and I dont think there is any excuse these days. They will give you a cable but some dont work and these arent any good for ipads etc.. I have complained but it never improves. For those people who dont need wifi then I would recommend but for business travellers who need to be connected I wouldnt.

Room Tip: two rooms on the ground front are spacious or ask for a garden room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
La Tour-de-Peilz, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel propose average rooms. But hey, when you're in London, you just need the hotel to sleep and tp recover for a full day and night in the city !
The location however is the perfect one, at two steps of the Gloucester Road tube station that can make you travel all over town and direct to Victoria Station, that can make you go to Gatwick in the easiest way.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Nichola R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Cromwell, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
I am glad to hear that your experience was a positive one, made so by our ideal location in the heart of Kensington.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Take Care,
Manaus, AM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

The rooms are the smallest rooms in the whole London,the internet doesn't work in the most of the rooms,the staff,in particular a lady at the counter ,is very impolite.I made the reservation and when i came to this terrible hotel,they charged me in my credit card,so i asked to see the rooms ,and when i saw the size i tried to cancelled my stay and they forced me to pay for 01 night,so it's a fraude.This Hotel has a price for a hotel 4 stars and don't deserve 2 stars.RUN AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nichola R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Cromwell, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

On arrival all guests are asked for a pre-authorisation from their credit / debit card as part of our check in procedure. Due to the layout of our hotel, the room’s size does vary. Both our Garden Rooms and Executive Rooms are larger in size and maybe more suitable for your needs.

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for three days + two nights during the olympic games. We were not attending the games and were instead taking advantage of some cheap theatre deals. On arrival (we were early) the hotel staff allocated us a room which unfortunately was very small. We spoke to the concierge and immediately were moved to another room which was much more comfortable. The room we stayed in had modern decoration and a lovely bathroom which you could tell had been recently renovated. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning was fantastic. There was tea/coffee making facilities and a tv with various free channels. We chose to include breakfast with our booking and I can not recommend this more, the breakfast was more than one person could eat ! We started with fruit, cereal, toast, tea, cooked breakfast and Pastries ! The rooms were very quiet and we heard little noise other than the occasional person dragging their suitcases around with them. There are stairs at the hotel however there was also a very good lift should it be needed. All in all I was very pleased with our stay, the location was great with a bus stop outside and tube station within 2 minutes walk, very conveniently located and can not compliment the lovely staff highly enough ! Many thanks Mr & Mrs T xx

Room Tip: When booking ask for a bigger room/suite, rather than smaller basement room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and four star review. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us, and found us to be good value for money in all areas.

Due to the layout of the hotel, our room size does vary, however I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations by moving you to a room that was suitable for your needs.
I am pleased that you enjoyed our central location and found our team to be friendly and helpful.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Anglesey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here during the Olympics.
Our room was upgarded from basic to one with a lovley terrace facing the greenery in the back garden, with table & chairs.

The location is fantastic, walking distance to the event in Earls court and Hyde Park. tube over the road, bus stop outside the door.

Room was small, but compact with everything we needed, we were hardly ever in it anyway, bed comfortable, shower worked well, and all clean condition.

We didn't have breakfast becuase it was far cheaper over the road in one of the cafe's.

The staff were lovely, from check-in to check-out and were very polite & friendly with our questions.

I would highly recommend a stay here, well done The Cromwell!

Room Tip: Be cheeky and ask for an upgrade if possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your five star review and for the positive comments about your experience during your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you found the hospitality to be excellent and the team to be friendly and helpful.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our central location in the heart of Kensington. With public transport just on our door step and numerous local attractions within walking distance, our hotel is the perfect place to stay!

Kind Regards,
Nicki

Been to BEST WESTERN The Cromwell? Share your experiences!