“Good value for money in a perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington

Save Saved
You added Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington to your Saves list
Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Scarsdale Place, Kensington, London W8 5SR, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Adv Purchase upto 20% off
Ranked #483 of 1,075 hotels in London
Bucharest, Romania
“Good value for money in a perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

When I chose this hotel with a medium prince range I was worried I might find another old, cold & stinky hotel with tiny rooms as many others in London (nearby the Hyde Park). I was really surprised to find a real big room, very well heated. I must say that everything was perfect (the room, the bed, the heating system, the girl at the reception who did everything to accomodate our requests at check in).

There also a few issues but nothing we couldn't get over: the rooms on the back of the hotel are facing the undergroud and you can hear the trains (not too loud but still not ok for someone with sleeping problems), at checkout the man from the reception refused to give me the invoice based on some wrong information about the payment. Everything was solved in the end but only after I provided all the documents to prove what I was saying; he wouldn't check anything before seeing the papers allthough everything was in their records.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel face the underground trains from the High Street Kensigton station an...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Shahida S, PA to Cluster General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read your stay was more than you expected and found your room clean, comfortable and as you mention perfect, you were happy with convenient location of the hotel and all was good value for money. it is so good that all worked out for you and overall you had a pleasant stay.

Our Team pride themselves on the quality of our services and facilities and particularly the standard of our rooms. Just to mention, we are currently working on in-house redecoration in the rooms which is an ongoing project to continuously improve our high level standards, and in saying this I apologise if any of these workings inconvenienced you during your stay.

I notice you are a light sleeper, may I suggest for future bookings to request a room on the West side of the hotel to avoid facing the tube station for your comfort.

I am sure we can expect you back in the near future, and wish to take the opportunity of welcoming you back when you next visit London.

3,272 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Central Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed at the hotel last weekend with my husband. Reception staff were lovely and we did get a warm welcome. We had a room on the 7th floor and although it was a good size it was in real need of upgrading. It was clean but everthing about the room was tierd. Even the mattress was in need of replacement. But having said all that, the service and location make it a good choice for a stay in London. We ate in the hotel on the first evening and although the restaurant was chaotic the staff were once again really pleasant. You are literally yards from the tube station but we used the number 10 bus to get us in and out of the centre of London - not as quick but you see so much more. Great cafes and restaurants on the doorstop of the hotel. Hope they get round to the refit soon but would stay there again regardless!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't over look the railway.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Shahida S, Pa to Cluster General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the Copthorne Tara. I am glad to we provided excellent services and location to ensure your comforts during your stay and overall all was to your satisfaction.

In terms of your concerns in regards to the upgrading of the rooms, you will be happy to know that we are currently working on in-house redecoration and this is an ongoing project which does slow down due to high occupancy levels at the hotel. I apologise for the inconvenience caused due to the fact that you were allocated a room that has not be completed. We always try to accommodate our guests with best available services and facilities with every effort and intention of pleasing all our guests, and always ensure that during this project we keep the rooms well maintained, clean and comfortable.

I am pleased overall you had a pleasant stay and your recommendation to all readers of TripAdvisor that you will stay here again is appreciated.

We wish to welcome you back and you can be assured of our best attention.

Bath, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Went to London to attend a recital at Royal Albert Hall and looked for an hotel within walking distance. Found the Tara Copthorne and it was super. Checking in was so easy, room more than adequate with everything we required. So Central to everything, tube, Royal Albert Hall, Notting Hill Gate, shopping within High Street Kensington. Fabulous walks in Kensington Park and 30 mins walk to Knightsbridge. All in all a wonderful experience and we will return.

Room Tip: They have double glazing so any room would be acceptable
Dear Guest

Thank you for your taking the time to send in your positive review especially that Copthorne Tara is in a great location and all our services and facilities in and around the hotel was all to your satisfaction and you really had an enjoyable time.

Your recommendation to all travellers of your wonderful memorable experience here recently and that you will definitely return to stay in the near future, is much appreciated by us all at the hotel.

We wish to take the opportunity to welcome you back when you next visit London.

leics
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed here for business and location, the hotel it self is quite tired, and lacks modern finesse and touches. Dinner in the brasserie was tasty and cheap for London, breakfast was not so good, just a volume of breakfast items that either looked tinned and cheap, I wouldn't pay £17 for breakfast again, just book for bed only and get breakfast out. Rooms Re comfortable but a bit nosy, I had to move rooms because of the noise from the tube lines.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Shahida S, PA to Cluster General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for sending in your review. I am sorry to see that all was not to your expectation and thank you for your feedback as this assists our Management Team to review and take action for future improvements. However, I am pleased we were able to accommodate to your needs as best we could during your stay.

Since you are sensitive to noise, may I suggest for future stays to request a room on the West side of the hotel to avoid facing the train station for your comfort. In saying this, I hope you will consider returning to stay with us again in the near future as this will give us the opportunity to assure you of our best attention to ensure you have an enjoyable experience.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I made a booking on the 21 November for a room at the Copthorne Tara Hotel for the 24 November. Unfortunately, when I arrived at the hotel they had received no confirmation of the booking from Gala Hotels and I was obliged to pay a much higher rate than my reservation price with Gala in order to obtain a room.
The hotel tried in vain to contact Gala Hotels to get confirmation from them but they were not answering the phone.
I was not best pleased!
The Coptorne Tara Hotel is an excellent hotel and would cetainly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Guest

Thank you for sending in your review on your recent stay at the Copthorne Tara Hotel. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused due to the confusion of your booking from Gala Hotels but glad we were able to accommodate you as best we could at the time and all worked out well. Despite this incident, I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay.

Thank you for your recommendation to all travellers Copthorne Tara Hotel is excellent choice and on this note I am sure we can expect your next visit to us very soon and look forward to welcoming you.

San Jose, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed at the Copthorne Tara Hotel in the Kensington district of London for six nights in early November. I have never encountered such outstanding customer service in any hotel I've stayed during my lifetime! When I arrived on foot, pulling my bags from the underground station, the doorman saw me coming and walked over to help me in with my luggage! There were several employees in the lobby who answered my questions and sped me through check-in. Each time I visited the lobby, an employee would walk up to me and ask if he or she could help me, then spent a great deal of time answering questions or addressing my concerns. When I checked in, the gracious lady at the desk saw that I was concerned about the charge for the internet, and she upgraded me to a Club room that had free internet access. Throughout my entire stay, the customer service was simply awesome in every respect.
The hotel itself is stunning; beautiful carpeting throughout the hotel and in the room. The comments I have read on Tripadvisor about dated furnishings are totally off the mark in the room I occupied. The furnishings were attractive with a decor that resembled early twentieth century; they were not old or dated . . . it is simply the STYLE of the room, and it looks really classy. I have attached two photos to illustrate my point. My room was kept spotlessly clean, had modern bathroom fixtures, electronic light switches, a refrigerator with freezer, and a large flat-screen TV with good cable service. The heating system occupied the entire wall below the windows, and it was almost noiseless and kept a comfortable temperature. Room faced westward and was very quiet. Mattress was comfortable, and I slept soundly every night. The only negative was the wi-fi, which had a strong signal, but constantly froze my computer. I often had to restart my laptop to use the internet.
A hot buffet breakfast was available on the ground floor with a 10-pound coupon that could be purchased at the front desk. It was tasty with a big variety of food, though healthy choices were a bit limited.
The location was great; only a three-minute walk from the High Street Kensington tube station.
I cannot give this hotel 5 stars for value as a matter of principle, because I think all hotels in London are grossly over-priced. But the extra cost was probably worth it, considering all the over-priced, cramped rooms I read about near Earl's Court. I recommend this hotel without hesitation and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a room facing west. Not a spectacular view, but very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest
Thank you for your positive detailed review and for your recommendations of your experience of our unmatched services we provided you following your recent stay at the Copthorne Tara Hotel.

Our Management Team and Staff welcomed your compliments with grateful appreciation. It is feedback such as yours that motivates us to continue maintaining our high quality standards and excellent customer services to ensure our guests are well looked after and it pleases us when guests leave the hotel feeling satisfied, as was in your case.

Thank you for your recommendation to TripAdvisor readers travelling to London you will definitely stay here again with no hesitation. I am sure on this positive note we can expect you to visit us very soon, and I wish to take the opportunity of welcoming you back when you next travel to London.

tamworth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We found the rooms comfortable and the position just off Kensington High St very convenient. I would definitely stay there again if the price is right, but it had nothing special to draw me back. It was quiet but we could hear the people next door very easily. Breakfast was a buffet-style affair: the first day involved queuing, and the second day the food was chilly, the tea was pretty awful both days - they bring it round (frequently) in jugs. I'm making it sound worse than it was. The staff varied from a bit bored to extremely helpful. The rooms were better than I expected with comfy beds etc. There are plenty of shops pubs and restaurants in easy walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Shahida S, Pa to Cluster General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest

I am pleased to see from your review your recent stay at the Copthorne Tara was comfortable and our services and facilities were to your satisfaction and overall you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for your valuable feedback which is important and taken seriously. Our Management Team have taken note of the points you raised with your breakfast experience to investigate and take follow up action to review for future improvements.

Thank you for your recommendation to all travellers to London confirming you will definitely stay here again, in saying this I wish to take the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely

Been to Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington? Share your experiences!