“Good location, losing the way” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington

You added Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington to your Saves list
Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Scarsdale Place, Kensington, London W8 5SR, England (South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #506 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good location, losing the way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have used this hotel for many years, because of it's location. Great for business and leisure visits alike. The prime location benefits for fast easy access to London Underground some 500 yds, and has underground car parking, but be advised unload bags first at the front entrance, as there is no lift from garage to reception. The hotel is now in need of a facelift both inside and out. Inside, while a remodel is now surely due, he rooms are totally clean, well serviced, quite and comfortable. Booking for busuness in a Superior Room, is is not good to have to pay £10 per day to access wi-fi. Be sure to book advance,and always ask for deals. The presence of large tour groups suggest that the COPTHORNE Tara is good value, for me it is time to relocate.

Room Tip: Ask for Superior at a deal rate
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Shahida S, PA to Cluster General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest

I notice you are a regular guest to the Copthorne Tara for many years and that on all occasions we have been able to provide excellent services and facilities and maintained this for all your stays. I am glad that overall all is to your satisfaction and good value for money.

We at the hotel are so proud that we have achieved the high quality standard that is expected, and your positive feedback is worth all the efforts. I have forwarded your concern you mention in terms of our WIFI charges to our Management Team to review for future improvements.

In terms of your concern that you felt that there is a presence of large tour groups, I can assure you this varies from timne to time depending on the events that are taking place in and around the Kensington and London area. I am pleased to inform that the demand at the hotel is equally high for both business and leisure guests, I am sorry if this made you feel uncomfortable. We try our level best to provide the best services with every intention of pleasing all our guests from all walks of life, and I hope this will not deter you from choosing us for your next visit to London.

I thank you for your support over the years and hope you return to Copthorne Tara again in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and assure you our best attention.

Yours sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (867)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sunshine Coast, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I took my nana (90 year old) to stay overnight as we were going o the Chelsea Flower Show. It's about a 500 metre walk from the tube station which was very handy as my nana can't walk too far.
We ended up getting a taxi to the flower show (£13).
We had a good deal on late rooms for £150. We had a twin room which was perfect for our needs. The room was very clean and a reasonable size. The train tracks run past the back of the hotel and I thought it might be noisy but we never heard them at all. We both had a great nights sleep.

The hotel has a nice cafe for coffee, cakes and snacks. We had lunch in the Bugis Street restaurant, 3 courses for £7.95, great value. There's another big bar/restaurant that looks great but we never got round to using it. I went out late at night to get take away and felt safe walking to the main high street by myself (although I did see one homeless person, I gave him a burger and drink :)
I would defiantly go back to the Tara and hopefully stay longer and explore the sights, I think it would be a great base for London.

Room Tip: Talk to the reception staff, we requested a twin room and were able to check in early.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I am so pleased to read that you and your Nana had a pleasant stay with us and that the hotel was safe and convenient for you both to get around especially to the Chelsea Flower Show, your room clean and comfortable and all was good value for money. It is so motivating for our Staff to receive your compliments and positive views of our excellent services, and that you wish to return to enjoy our facilities again in the near future. Thank you for your recommendation that Copthorne Tara is an excellent choice.

We look forward to welcoming you both when you next visit London.

Newcastle, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is only a very short walk from High Street Kensington tube and is in a very up market area of London. My room was spotlessly clean and bed very comfortable. My room was very quiet and the air cooling system kept the room at a comfortable temperature on a very warm day. The rooms are not the most modern in style but are still very well appointed, cleaned, maintained with the added bonus of a shower which is very powerful. The rooms are spacious with a big window. I stayed in room 324 and the only problem I encountered was with the in-room wifi. The wifi in the bar worked fine but the room wifi did not. That's why I gave the room 4 out of 5 as this did cause problems for me (Vodafone 3G signal is also hopeless in this room so I had no back up plan). The hotel staff were very helpful and did restart the router and explained as that had not worked normally they would have moved me but they were full. Unfortunately despite their best efforts, the wifi system let them down.

I feel I should mention I thought the service in the bar was excellent. It was well staffed and all staff appeared really pleasant and very attentive. Same was true at breakfast which gave the feel of a really well run hotel which was a pleasure to stay in. I have booked to stay again next month.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to send in a detailed review for all viewers to read the positive points that you encountered with the facilities in your room, services in the bar and restaurant during your stay. Our Management Team and Staff are pleased to see that we were successful in providing you with high quality services and facilities and all was to your comfort and satisfaction.

I notice you have rebooked to return next month and we guarantee we will provide our best attention to your needs for you to have an enjoyable stay.

Look forward to your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a lovely hotel in good location. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The air condition was efficient and quiet. We had a great view from our 7th floor bedroom. We booked early so got a good price.

No lift from garage, two flights of stairs!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Shahida S, PA to Cluster General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am glad that you had a pleasant comfortable stay for this special occasion and that our services were efficient and facilities all good value for money.
On behalf of our Management and Staff thank you for your compliments.

I trust you will choose Copthorne Tara for your next stay in London and look forward to welcoming you back.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Spent four nights here in June 2013. Location is excellent - just a few minutes walk from Kensington High Street Tube station.
The hotel looks a bit dated from the outside, but don't let that put you off. Inside, it is modern, spotlessly clean, efficient and a perfect base for all the sights of London.
The rooms are a generous size (for London) and, like the rest of the hotel, are spotlessly clean and very comfortable.
There are plenty of facilities on offer in the hotel - very spacious bar, restaurants, coffee shop, shop and even a ticket kiosk for West End shows.
The staff were very professional and courteous - even when their patience was being tested by the nightmare tourists/businesspeople you often come across!!
I would highly recommend this hotel to any visitor. I will certainly be back.

• Stayed June 2013
Shahida S, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read that the services and facilities we provided you during your stay we were successful in satisfying your needs to have an enjoyable stay.

Our Management and Staff thank you for your positive feedback and you can be assured that this motivates us to continue maintaining consistency in providing high quality standard services to our guests going forward.

Thank you for your recommendation to all travellers to London that the Hotel is perfect for business and pleasure.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit London and we hope that will be soon.

Whittle-le-Woods
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the 5th & 6th June and overall enjoyed our stay. We were in roon 805 and although this overlooked the railway lines the noise from the trains was minimal.
The rooms were clean and fairly comfortable although the beds could do with new mattresses!!

We had one evening meal included in the price of our stay and were pleasantly surprised by the standard of the meal and also of the breakfasts.

One small grumble was that the cleaners came to make up the room before 8.30am and if you missed this slot the room was unprepared for most of the day.

On the final day we packed our case and left it in the room as the checkout time was 12noon. We went out to do some shopping and when we returned the key had been de-coded and we therefore had a wait of some 30minutes trying to regain access from the reception desk. I presume they felt we might 'do a runner' without payment of our account!!

All in all we had an enjoyable stay but not sure if I'd return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to send in your valuable feedback on your recent stay at the Copthorne Tara, which assists us to continue improving and ensuring our high quality standards are maintained going forward.

I am pleased to see that you found your room clean, comfortable, good breakfast experience and overall you had an enjoyable stay. I have taken note of your concern in regard to the mattress and clean up schedules for our Executive Housekeeper to review for future improvements. I am sorry if this caused any discomfort during your stay.

In terms of the room key card, this is automatically decoded on day of departure at 12:00pm. I apologise for the inconvenience this caused you if this was not the case in this instance. The time limit can be extended upon request at Reception. I have reported this to our Front Office Manager to follow up and to ensure that our guests are aware of the procedure when checking in so such incidents are not repeated in the future.

I hope these incidents will not deter you from returning to visit us again in the future, and I wish to take the opportunity of welcoming you back and assure you of our best attention to your needs.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with the hubby and was pleasantly surprised. Look a bit tired & dated from the front but still a gem of a hotel. Staff were great from checkin to checkout. Even the bar staff recommended some restaurants & bars in the area. Roof garden which is a 5 minute walk from hotel is a must. Subway only 2min walk from hotel which is ideal for sightseeing as taxi's are at a standstill in London! Thanks for a great few nights away!

• Stayed June 2013
Shahida S, PA to General Manager at Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for sending in your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am very happy that all was well and our Staff was efficient and helpful throughout to add to your pleasant stay. Your compliments are well received by our Management and Staff with grateful thanks.

We look forward to you visiting us again in the near future, and hope it will be soon.
Yours sincerely

Been to Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington? Share your experiences!