“Excellent position, but far from Holiday Inn standards” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum

You added Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   97 Cromwell Road, London SW7 4DN, England (South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #487 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Tivoli, Italy
“Excellent position, but far from Holiday Inn standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel offers a breathtaking view (27 floors, I was at 26...) in Kensigton and it is right 2 minutes walking distance from Gloucester Road underground (perfect for business/leisure) and closed to tens bus lines to reach every point in London; moreover all you need is at your fingertips (supermarket, restaurants, fast food, change, hairdresser, ...). You may be let down at check-in (not fast as it is supposed to be in a Holiday Inn hotel) and you may experience some troubles with the free IHG free wi-fi (went twice at the desk to solve the problem); rooms are not recently renewed (standard rooms) and although the maid service is really good the fact you have really poor in-room amenities does not offer any anhanced experience (no slippers, you need to fill your minibar yourslef, very poor bath set even considering extras offered on request basis). The puzzling fact was that international channel (those you see for free in your country) are offered as pay-tv for over 4 pounds; no choice over British channels and radio (the only free of charge). You just have 1 Europen power outlet in room and in the unlucky event you need ironing there's not enough space for the ironing table. It's a pity because few room / service improvements would allow to offer a really good experience. The restaurant in the lobby offers a wide choice of local dishes, good quality (standard meal is approx 30 pounds, therefore not cheap at all) and good service. The breakfast served in the room price at the 1st floor is good. I would use again the hotel if totally refurbished in the future or in the event I find a very competitive fare compared to other nearby and upscaled locations. It wasn't that bad, but not a remarkable experience either.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear MGC2203,
Thank you for your candid review and for staying with us. I am very sorry to hear our hotel did not meet your expectations on this occasion. We appreciate your comments as it allows us to take note of areas within the hotel that are excelling or indeed could use some attention. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us and give you a greater feeling of what this hotel can really offer.
Thank you again for your time and we definitely look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Midlands England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The usual Holiday Inn quality, let down at check in. Having arrived at 16.15, not particularly early, I was told that they weren't sure if the three rooms I had booked were ready, and could I wait 5 minutes while they checked.

After waiting 25 minutes and not being called over, I went back to reception - they still didn't know if the rooms were ready, as only one was needed straight away - I was the only person checking in at this time, they others were due to arrive later, I said could they give me any room, which they did, not sure why I had to be the one to ask for this, would have expected it to be offered. Whilst they apologised for this, in over 30 years of staying at hotels, I have never arrived to find my room wasn't ready.

Other than this, it's a nice hotel, excellent location, decent rooms, although starting to look a little tired.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear NeilMacUK,
We appreciate the time and effort you have taken to write and inform us of your experience, it is greatly appreciated as it is through feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve and maintain our services and facilities.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind Regards
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotel is located very to the Gloucester Street tube station and quite close to Knightsbridge.

Service all round was excellent and professional. The room itself needed a bit of an update but was adequate for our needs. The breakfast was excellent as was WiFi access.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Aaron H,
Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I stay here sometimes once a week on business so I am very familiar with how things are run. During the summer they turn the heating system completely off. I have often asked when the temperature is in the 50's for my heat to be turned on in my room. Yesterday after a long flight from the States it was in the upper 50's but my room was cold. I called reception to ask for my heat to be turned on and was told that it couldn't but he would check and get back to me. I explained that I am here often and have had the heat turned on before. He never called me back so I called again. Someone else answered and said that it could not be turned on because it's summer in London and the heat is off during the summer months. They brought me a blanket and a space heater after calling 3 more times. The service was terrible and quite frankly they were rude. I know they could have turned the heat on because they have done it before for me. So I slept bundled up and still cold in my room.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Duc800ss,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback after your recent stay with us. I was very concerned to learn of the dissatisfaction you experienced during your recent stay with us and I would like to apologise and can assure you that this is not the usual standard at our Hotel. Please rest assure that I have shared your comments with relevant departments to ensure a similar situation can be avoided. Thank you again for your time we hope to welcome you back when next you visit London.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I have travelled to London on business for about 15 years and have stayed in many, many hotels. Generally hotels in London in my opinion lack pride, investment, value for money, facilities and comfort. Hotels with internationally branded names like Hilton and Millennium have been major let-downs. This hotel, overall is good. Great location, right by Gloucester Road in lovely Kensington. Huge, it must have 1000 bedrooms. But there are about 6 lifts to the rooms, very efficient. The staff on front desk are great. Very helpful and pleasant. The room was fine. A little old in styling, but had a very comfortable bed, a great shower and a good sized flat screen tv. The windows opened properly so I could let in air and the a/c was quiet and operated well. I slept very well. The quality and service at breakfast was good as was the choice. Let-downs. Firstly, why oh why does every hotel in London not have free wi-fi ? I can get it in Dublin on a bus, on a train, in a McDonalds...In order to get free wi-fi you had to register as a IHG reward card member, which meant completing lots of information. Then, when you went on to try and use the free wi-fi it tried to charge you. (this also happened my colleague). In order to get the form and complete it you have to queue at reception. This took 10 minutes. I went to concierge (who was busy doing absolutely nothing) to ask him to get the form for me and he refused saying 'it was receptions area' before returning to doing absolutely nothing (in my experience as a Sales Manager/Director for a number of hotels, this is unacceptable). 2nd letdown was breakfast was cold both mornings (at about 8.15am). It was buffet style which is fine, but it was not warm, which is not fine. Many people have said this before, so why are you not fixing this problem Director of Restaurant / Hotel GM ??? Many, many people were complaining all around the restaurant. Overall, a good property with acceptable, comfortable rooms but issues with breakfast and major issues with wi-fi (I never did get to use it in two days of staying there !)

Room Tip: this hotel has 28 floors, request a high room for stunning views across the London skyline, also may...
Dear hotelstays1,
Thank you for staying with us and for submitting a review about our Hotel. Let me apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay. I have shared your feedback with our Head Concierge as well as our F&B Director and corrective actions will be taken to ensure a similar situation can be avoided.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Needs a makeover on rooms old fashion and in today's market and Kensington and the price ...no way. Only compensation Breakfast was not bad and nice quality ....and lots of it , the lifts yo bedrooms are slow and the carpets on room floors and bedrooms needs changing. Once again. In today's hotel market. .......needs a look at

Room Tip: Parking is a killer.check out other hotels in walking distant
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Alicia T, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear David D,
Many thanks for staying with us and for submitting a review regarding your previous stay. We value your comments and feedback as it allows us to take notes of areas within the hotel that are excelling or indeed could use some attention. Once again, thank you for your time. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Lillestrom, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I am a sales manager in a tourism Company and travel all over the world. At this hotel the Concierge ordered a "pirate" taxi for us to the airport. We asked for a taxi to the airport. When we constantly asked when the taxi would arrive, he continued to say it will come soon and you have good time. We told him the flight time, and he suggested the dep. time of the taxi. We said that we would have a fixed price. When the private car (no sign on the roof, no signs inside the car) came after 30 min. too late, first the driver said it was ok to pay With card, then he called his "boss" and he said no. He then stopped and threw us out of the car in the street. Ended that we lost our flight and had to pay over 800euro for one extra night incl New airtickets. This hotel refuses to any refund. Never stay here, never trust that they will Call an ordinary taxi. They are probably paied from this "pirate" Taxi Company. The hotel is responsible as long as they called for the taxi, but the taxi Company and the hotel blames me for getting out of the taxi, we were trown out in the street because I would pay With VISA. If the taxi would have been on time, we would have cathed Our flight. We missed it With 10 min. because of this Concierge was not to be trusted. If we ordered the taxi ourselves, it would have been us to blame. We also had a problems every day of the stay With the room key. Every day we had to reprogram it to make it work. The elevator was very slow and it took quite som time every time we had to go to the reception With te key.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Heidi H
Thank you for staying with us and for the time and effort you have taken to submit your comments and feedback.
We do take your feedback very seriously and would like to further investigate this matter.
Please may I kindly ask you to contact me directly on +44(0)2073706815 so that we can discuss.
Alicia Tjader

Been to Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum? Share your experiences!