The hotel offers a breathtaking view (27 floors, I was at 26...) in Kensigton and it is right 2 minutes walking distance from Gloucester Road underground (perfect for business/leisure) and closed to tens bus lines to reach every point in London; moreover all you need is at your fingertips (supermarket, restaurants, fast food, change, hairdresser, ...). You may be let down at check-in (not fast as it is supposed to be in a Holiday Inn hotel) and you may experience some troubles with the free IHG free wi-fi (went twice at the desk to solve the problem); rooms are not recently renewed (standard rooms) and although the maid service is really good the fact you have really poor in-room amenities does not offer any anhanced experience (no slippers, you need to fill your minibar yourslef, very poor bath set even considering extras offered on request basis). The puzzling fact was that international channel (those you see for free in your country) are offered as pay-tv for over 4 pounds; no choice over British channels and radio (the only free of charge). You just have 1 Europen power outlet in room and in the unlucky event you need ironing there's not enough space for the ironing table. It's a pity because few room / service improvements would allow to offer a really good experience. The restaurant in the lobby offers a wide choice of local dishes, good quality (standard meal is approx 30 pounds, therefore not cheap at all) and good service. The breakfast served in the room price at the 1st floor is good. I would use again the hotel if totally refurbished in the future or in the event I find a very competitive fare compared to other nearby and upscaled locations. It wasn't that bad, but not a remarkable experience either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect option for business or leisure the Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum sets the standard for hotels in Kensington. Stroll to Gloucester Road Tube Station, your gateway to the sights of the city. Enjoy the hotel s close proximity to Harrod's, the Royal Albert Hall, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres, the Natural History, Science and V&A Museums and Kensington Palace. As the tallest Holiday Inn Hotel in Europe, our 27-floor and 906 bedroom hotel offers modern bedrooms with stunning views of London from our higher floors. The hotel also offers a choice of suites and accessible rooms (one with hoist). All rooms are equipped with high speed Internet and Wi-Fi connectivity is available in the public areas. The hotel's carpark has 76 spaces and there is a 24-hour fitness room. Holiday Inn Kensington Forum offers its guests a choice of three restaurant and bars whether you want to relax with dinner, grab a quick snack or enjoy a pint of traditional British beer. The Academy offers 13 meeting and event rooms for up to 300 people, all with natural daylight, high-speed Internet and unlimited Starbucks tea and coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, LondonMarketing.com, BookIt.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Kensington Forum
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum England