“Good location, business hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum

You added Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   97 Cromwell Road, London SW7 4DN, England (Earls Court)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #480 of 1,065 Hotels in London
syd
“Good location, business hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very large Holiday Inn! Location was great and the hotel have its own drive way so you are not right on the main road. Because of it's sheer size, check in was a bit of a wait because they don't have enough staff behind the counter. (actually they do but most are too busy doing other things in the back and ignoring the fact that customers were waiting) We waited about 15mins and this was in the gold/platinum check in.
We got the exectutive room, which was a very small room with a giant King size bed and a one seater sofa which also converts to a bed. Not enough room overall, unless you do everything on top of the bed. Everything else was a Holiday Inn Executive room standard - so large flat screen tv, Water, robes etc.
Staff in the restaurant downstairs was fantastic. So friendly, professional and attentive. If it wasn't for them, I would give this review a 1! Given staff from front desk to the business centre were so terribly unimpressive.
Overall, it is a business hotel and so it is always busy. Not an ideal hotel if you are on vaccation but ok if you are there on business and need to be located conveniently in town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GuestRelationsLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear stugs 123,

We thank you for your valuable feedback. We are very sorry to learn your check in experience was not as pleasant and efficient as we would expect. We really appreciate your time to let us know how your overall stay was, and we sincerely apologise if some our staff did not meet you in a friendly and professional manner. We are pleased on the other hand, that you enjoyed our Consortia restaurant and the service provided by our staff. May I mention again, your review is very important to us as this helps us greatly to continuously improve our services and facilities.
Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again,

Esmeralda Mendoza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chepstow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Got a decent deal for this hotel so I regard it as good value for money. But the room was quite small and the bathroom even smaller. Didn't use facilities as it was a brief stay. Good service regarding luggahe storage after check out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GuestRelationsLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear bjp54,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear you found your room and the bathroom small. On the positive side, we are pleased to hear you liked the excellent location and the luggage room services.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here for one night after booking through Last minute.com. Paid £99 for a double room. Staff were extremely helpful. Rooms were clean. Tea and coffee facilities in room. Towels and toiletries provided. Pillows were labelled 'soft' or 'firm' and you could choose which you wanted. Very near to all the museums, and only short tube ride to central London.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Choccie_123,

Many thanks for your review about your recent stay. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your short stay with us and that you found our hotel comfortable and welcoming. Thank you for your visit, our team is very happy to hear your great comments. Yes we have a great pillow choice aiming to provide you with a great night sleep!
We look forward to welcoming you soon back again.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Accessible bathroom met our needs exactly. Check with Concierge staff before doing anything—they know a lot about getting around and sightseeing in London. Room clean but only comes with double bed for accessible bathroom. One party may have to sleep on rollaway. But no free wifi or breakfast included.

Room Tip: Great access to tube, restuturants, markets and pharmacies.
Dear Pescarhombre,

We thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. We are very pleased you found the bathroom in our accessible rooms to be just perfect for your needs. We usually advise to our guest booking the accessible rooms to also book one more room next to the accessible room, this can be provided with interconnecting doors to make your stay even more comfortable and give you the space you may need.

Concierge will definitely advise you about every detail you need to know in order to make the most of your time in London, they will surprise you with all their great tips!
Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again,

stockton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fairly decent hotel for what we paid and an excellent location. We did not use any of the hotels facilities and it lacked a swimming pool though for central London it was clean and in good condition though if I paid the rack rate of £480 per night rather than £82 I paid I would not have been happy with the standard. To be honest it was very much to the standard of an airport Hilton, good but nothing to write home about.
Our only problem was the idiot foreign woman in the next door room who ignored her alarm at 4am and security had to be called. She again was very noisy at 7am and the walls were a little thin.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tubtruck,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you found our hotel satisfactory and at a sensible price. I am sorry for the disruption you encountered during your stay. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this caused you.
Once again thank you for your time and for staying with us,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed at this location for 3 out of my 4 trips to London, starting back with my high school trip in 1985 (did I just admit my age on the Internet?) The location is great for tube access, as the Gloucester Road station is just down the block; you can also catch the Hop On/Off Bus Tour there. It's easy walking distance to Harrods, The Victoria and Albert Museum, Kensington Palace and Gardens etc.

I'll base this review on my last visit in late April/May 2012. I was traveling alone and booked The Forum, as I was familiar with the hotel and that area of London. I arrived very early in the morning so my room wasn't ready (I didn't expect it to be.) I was offered another room with twin beds, which was available immediately. That was a pleasant surprise: I was able to check in, freshen up and start my visit, all before 10 A.M. As I was traveling alone, I had booked a room with access to the Business Lounge. Great decision! The staff was fantastic, they made sure I was well taken care of. WiFi was available at no extra charge in this area and they have soft drinks, juices, light snacks and alcohol available. (Alcohol and canapes are available at certain hours of the day.) A big shout out to the concierge who helped me with my tour reservations. I was only in London for 3 full days and he helped me make the most of them.

The room was comfortable. I love that they have one "American" outlet in the room, even though I had packed a converter. I've read reviews about the small bathrooms, but that wasn't an issue for me and all my girly gear. There weren't long waits for the elevator, and there weren't crowds of people hanging around the common areas.(The hotel does cater to groups and on past visits the lobby was crowded with people and luggage. The staff tries to keep the groups organized but they can only do so much.)

I've enjoyed all my trips to this hotel and the one time I stayed elsewhere I kept pointing out the Forum. It's a great location for central London and the staff has always been helpful and efficient.

Room Tip: I was on a higher floor and opened the window to get fresh air. There was some city noise but I actu...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear CeesaRae,

Your review is wonderful music to our ears! Indeed it is very rewarding to hear how delighted you were with your stay once again. It is a true motivation for all of us to keep delivering great hospitality.

Your detailed review abut your experience can tell us how familiar you are with our services and facilities and how well looked after you were here with us. The Holiday Inn London – Kensington Forum is a great place to stay in and even greater is our staff who will do their very best to ensure you have an enjoyable experience.

Thank you so much for your candid review and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband, 8yr old son and I stayed here 2/11/12 - 4/11/12 and will definitely return. My son and I travelled by train from Liverpool into Euston and then jumped on the tube to Gloucester Road station, which is literally around the corner from the hotel.
We had booked a suite, which was not as big as we excepted but it had everything we needed. We were also given access to the Business Lounge, which was perfect and we were able to sit and wait for my husband to arrive with free wine, coffee, tea, beer and soft drinks as well as lovely canapés to keep us going till our meal out.
I would definitely recommend this hotel as we were extremely happy with our experience. My husband parked his car in the private car park which was £32 per night, but it was ideal.
It is so worth booking in the business lounge as you can have your continental breakfast in here too, which is really peaceful.

Room Tip: Book business lounge and ditch the car and use the tube.
Dear Maria D,

We are very delighted to learn you visited us from Liverpool – beautiful city. We thank you very much for choosing the Holiday Inn London – Kensington Forum, and very pleased to know you had a very enjoyable experience including our new facility the wonderful Business Lounge. Your comments are greatly appreciated.
We definitely hope to see you all again in the near future. Thank you for your review.

Esmeralda Mendoza

Been to Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum? Share your experiences!