“Very comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   97 Cromwell Road, London SW7 4DN, England (Earls Court)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #443 of 1,075 hotels in London
Otley, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have just spent the weekend in London and stayed at this hotel. We were given a room on the 21st floor, which has a fantastic view over London. We particulary enjoyed seeing Harrods and the Eye lit up after dark. The hotel is just a couple of minutes from Gloucester Road tube station, so getting around was very easy. Although it is a big hotel, we were very impressed with the individual attention we were given, especially by the breakfast staff. The breakfast itself was impressive. We enjoyed dinner in the hotel restaurant - high quality. We felt that all staff were working hard to ensure our stay was comfortable, from check in on arrival, to using the luggage room on departure. We would definitely staff here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have fantastic views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear K Way,

It is always a real pleasure to read wonderful reviews like yours. I am most delighted to hear you enjoyed the whole experience here at the Holiday Inn London – Kensington Forum. Your great feedback has already been share with the whole hotel team and we all want to say to you: Thank You Very Much!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

2,435 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Used hotel after a concert at Earls Court, which was within walkable distance. Very close to tube. Reception staff not particularly friendly, did not even have the courtesy to point us towards lifts or remind us that we would need to insert room card to get it to work. Room was small overlooking main road which was noisy. There was a small and incredibly noisy fridge in the room which had a sticker saying it could be filled if required but it was extremely dirty inside, mouldy and stained. I would not have wanted to put anything in it of my own and it was barely cold, and there was no way to switch it off to stop the noise of the fan in the fridge.

Did not try expensive breakfast (this was not even offered as an option when we checked in anyway).

Room Tip: Higher floor away from the road.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear 1307CN,

I am terribly sorry to hear your comments about your recent stay with us. I cannot apologise enough for the inconvenience caused to you. I sincerely wish I could change your experience for a great one. Our Reception staff share our vision to provide the highest standards of customer experience, I genuinely apologise if this time that was not reflected upon check in. In regards to the minibar, once again accept my apologies about this experience, I am confident my team and all of us can learn from this experience, and take the opportunity to make the necessary adjustments and avoid a similar situation. I thank you very much for your valuable feedback, please feel free to contact me any time, if we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, please make contact me I will ensure we look after you personally and deliver a great stay!
Thank you for your kind time.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is definitely a budget hotel, somewhere to come strictly to sleep, not if you're looking for a memorable London experience. However, the location is superb. It's not in the thick of things, but walking distance from Harrod's, a stone's throw from Gloucester Road station, and Kensington Gardens are not far either.

The wifi isn't free, but not as expensive as other places. The bed is comfortable, and it's on wheels, which should tell you something about the quality of the hotel. As with most hotels in Europe, space is at a premium, so take that into consideration.The room has a nice flat screen, and I only watch the BBC when in England, so the limited channels wasn't a problem for me. The bathroom is a bit depressing. I was presented with two unwrapped, cheap, plastic cups, and a bit of a grimy faucet. Also, the toilet has a weak flush. The pub downstairs is quite nice though, as is the adjacent restaurant/bistro in the lobby.

Unless you're just looking for a quick stay and need somewhere to rest your head, I'd look elsewhere. You could spend a few hundred pounds extra per night to stay at a very swanky place.

Room Tip: Try getting a room higher up on the east side. You'll have a view of the London Eye, etc.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Tahno D,

I am indeed very sorry hear we did not meet your expectations this occasion, and I sincerely regret your experience with us. Please allow me to offer you my apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused you in regards to your room. Your comments are most important to us and I can certainly assure you they will not go unnoticed. I really thank you for your time and we genuinely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again. Please do contact me any time should you return to our hotel.

With thanks & kind regards,

Esmealda Mendoza
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed for a long weekend in october 2012. And we enjoyed our stay when checking in we were asked if we would like to join there loyalty scheme which is free to join and gives you discount on future stays by racking up points by doing this we were offered the top floor views over London were amazing. Free papers and bottled water with newspapers. on a table near the lifts every morning. Top Tip you have to use your,e door card to operate the lift on the way up but not on the way down. The full english buffet breakfast outstanding sets you up for the day. Underground just round the corned . Tesco Express just across the road very cheap .

Room Tip: Join loyalty scheme for free
Dear Karen b,

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your comments about our services and facilities and I am very delighted to hear you had a great stay with us. I am glad you also enjoyed our Full English Breakfast buffet, which is definitely not to be missed!

Kindest regards,

Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Have stayed here before and like it's location and know what to expect room-wise. I had emailed the hotel asking for a high up room (2 or 3 times), but didn't get a reply. However, when we checked in the front desk person could not have been nicer and offered us a room on the top floor. Fantastic views! We also bought 4 tickets for the guest discounted breakfast which could have been pretty good if they didn't use powdered eggs for the scrambled eggs. We got charged twice for this - once on the original card used for the booking and again on the one we offered for incidentals. I have emailed the hotel about this, but heard nothing back.
Overall, it was a good experience. The rooms are clean, the staff helpful and the pub fun to meet friends in. The location is great; just around the corner from the tube. This must be one of the biggest selling points. The area is safe and full of restaurants, pubs and supermarkets.
Still, I don't see why we wouldn't stay again!

Room Tip: Get a higher up room for less traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear KisrtyGharavi,

I really thank you for staying with us and for your feedback about your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies about your request made in advance, I also apologise for the charges in regards to the breakfast, please may I ask you kindly to make contact with myself, I will be very happy to be of any assistance to you.
On a positive note, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, we shall be very delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you for your time and for your review.

esmeralda.mendoza@ihg.com
Nuneaton, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed for one night at the Holiday Inn, Kensington. We managed to get a very good deal with a compare site. I had booked a double but we were given a twin instead. We were going to ask for a double but when we saw the view we stayed where we were. We were on the 16th floor and had fantastic views over Earles Court and Stanford Bridge (home of the beloved Chelsea FC.
The staff were ok not outstanding but the hotel was clean, comfortable and the location was very good - just an easy stroll to Harrods.
I would recommend this hotel at the price we managed to get it for but would have been dissapointed with the hotel had we paid the full price!

Room Tip: The higher you are the better the view
Dear willyNuneaton_UK

Thank you very much for your review and for your stay. We appreciate indeed your comments and feedback, please do accept our apologies for any misunderstanding about the room type, however, I am glad that you on the other hand enjoyed the magnificent views from our higher floors.

Thank you again for your time & kind regards,

wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I made the booking for a double with an extra bed,we got to the room to find double and a cot,i went down to reception and they quickly gave me a triple room and also asked if i would like a cot in this room,which i declined.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GuestRelationsLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear WalesBenny,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the confusion with the room type, besides I am sorry to hear you found our rooms a little bit dated. Your feedback is very important to us and I really thank you for your time and for your review. On the other hand, I genuinely hope you had in general a pleasant stay with us.

Kindest regards,
Esmeralda Mendoza

Been to Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum? Share your experiences!