“Disapointingly average.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   97 Cromwell Road, London SW7 4DN, England (Earls Court)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #443 of 1,075 hotels in London
Newport, United Kingdom
“Disapointingly average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

In spring last year I visited this hotel. My friends and I were kindly greeted a most interesting doorman who attempted to make conversation but his lack of English prevented this. The staff at the desk was polite and welcoming. We were very pleased with the room and the facilities. The room was spotless and the beds were delightful. As the night progressed standards started to slip. At 9pm we were looking out of our when a milkshake flew past our eyes and splat onto the floor. At 10pm we went down stairs for a hot drink. We later made our way to our room, we locked the door at settled into bed. An hour later we were woken by a deafening sound of a doorbell. I rushed out of bed to see three young boys sprinting down the corridor. As I looked down I began to realise they had thrown used teabags on four doors including mine. This may have been just a practical joke but none of the less it disturbed our sleep. A couple across the room made there way to the lobby to complain, we followed them down to see what cause of action would be made. The night guard was happy to help with our situation by sending security to our floor. We had no problems or disturbances after this. There was a wide range of choice for breakfast satisfying my very specific taste in food. The gym was superb and contained every single piece of weights equipment you could ever imagine. I will not be recommending this hotel to any elderly people or people looking for a good night sleep. My experience with this hotel may have been a one off but overall it ruined my experience at Kensington, Holiday Inn. I will not be returning to this chaotic hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
GuestRelationsLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Elliot R,

Thank you very much for your candid feedback and comments about your stay with us last year. Although we are happy to receive such positive comments and feedback about our staff and facilities, we certainly are most concerned about the disturbance you experienced which, regrettably spoiled what otherwise would have been a wonderful stay. Your feedback is absolutely vital to us and I really appreciate your time to do so. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. We know that you have many choices when it comes to lodging, however, we sincerely hope to be part of your future travelling plans, and have another opportunity to welcome you and restore your good faith in our hotel. Please do contact me if I can be of any assistance to you,

Best wishes & kind regards.

Esmeralda Mendoza
esmeralda.mendoza@ihg.com

2,438 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Quiet, comfy night's sleep. Huge bed and friendly staff. No frills - but all easily available nearby. Great lively bar so will be back! Can't really criticise. Only writing because need 200 characters - is that enough?

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
B F, Guest Relations Team at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear FermanaghKeys

Thank you for your concise review. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and that you will look to return in the future. Thank you for your kind words about your interactions with our staff. I will ensure this is passed onto them. Kind regards, Bethany Foster
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel as a hotel functioned perfectly. The staff at the front desk were friendly and capable, the rooms clean if small, the location is superb with a tube station (with a direct connection to Heathrow) just around the corner. The breakfast is far above average. Everything was ok, but.
We tried to eat at the lobby restaurant after theatre. It was not easy. There was nothing wrong with the food, actually it was very, very good - when we finally got it. We learned that the chef´s name is Alex, warm thanks to him.
On the other hand, the service was close to awful. First we sat about 10 minutes without anyone noticing us - the restaurant was almost empty. There were at least five members of staff present, all very, very busy with something, but not with their customers. Running with nothing in their hands in one direction and then coming back a minute or two later, with still nothing in their hands, that was the general picture. When we finally got our menus, we did not get a wine list. After some minutes somebody decided to run towards us to ask what we would like to have - and after having already asked twice - we also got the wine list, but minutes after our orders were placed. Our grand salads were wonderful, but our rose warm, horribly warm. When I later asked for a calvados with my coffee, the young waitress was astonished, she had never heard of such a stuff. Well, I asked for a cognac instead and got it a few minutes later than my coffee - in glass full of ice. After my complaint the waitress brought another, or probably the same one with just the ice off. The cognac tasted watery and weak, of course. The staff did try to be polite and friendly, their attitude was quite ok, but their professionalism was very absent. This was not just on a personal level, the service at the lobby restaurant at Holiday Inn Kensington Forum was just an unorganized mess. A sad finish for a nice day and a nice stay.
However, we shall stay at the hotel again, you just can´t beat the location and the great value the hotel offers. We do try to eat somewhere else.
MMS

Room Tip: Try to get room from as high as possible - there are more than 20 floors - as the noise from the the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
B F, Guest Relations Team at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear MMS0210,

I thank you for your candid feedback and offer my sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations on this occasion. We certainly appreciate every opportunity to improve our services and facilities, please be assured your comments will not go unnoticed, our Food & Beverage manager and the entire team here at the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, share the same vision and that is to deliver great customer service, we genuinely regret the experience you had this time with our food and drink facilities. On a more positive note, it is nice to hear that in all other aspects of your stay you were happy and content, Alex will be very delighted to receive your kind comments. We truly hope to be part of your future travel plans, and look forward to restoring your good faith in our hotel when you return to London. Kind Regards, Bethany Foster
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Booked the hotel last minute after securing late tickets to the Olympics. Very convenient location near the tube station with a handful of restaurants / cafes a short walk away for breakfast / dinner.

This is a large purpose built hotel so does not have some of the charm of other nearby hotels I have stayed in. However, the room was a reasonable size, nicely decorated and had all the expected amenities.

Overall good value and would stay here again if I could get a similarly low rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
B F, Guest Relations Team at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Skyflyer099

It is fantastic to hear that you were able to secure a room with us, and that we in turn were able to provide you with the perfect platform to explore London during the Olympics. I am very pleased that you would happily return to us and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Kind Regards, Bethany Foster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is only 3 minutes walk from Glaucester Road Station. Very easy access from Heathrow Airport. Nice and clean but room is not big. Kentucky Fried chicken. Burger King and some other reasonable price restaurant near by.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Chengyuenwah,

Thank you for your concise review. It is lovely to hear from such a seasoned traveler as yourself and we are thankful for your time. I hope that next time you find yourself in London you will not hesitate to stay with us again. Kind Regards, Bethany Foster
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed for only two nights during the final days of the Olympics and really enjoyed our stay. This was our second time at this hotel and were just as happy as our first stay. The best part about the hotel is its location to the Gloucester Road tube. You can take the blue Picadilly Line straight from Heathrow, which is a huge savings over taking a taxi. There is also a grocery store about a block away, along with a bunch of other restaurants. We at at the Byron Burger one night and enjoyed it. My husband raved about his milkshake. We also enjoyed going to Paul, a French bakery chain, for breakfast. Our experience with Holiday Inns in London have been great -- much better than the ones in the States. A bonus for us Americans is that the hotel has US outlets, so it's easy to charge phones and cameras. Overall, a great stay. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
B F, Guest Relations Team at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear KLGionti

Thank you for this lovely review. I am so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you discovered Paul, it is often frequented by our Guests. Likewise I am glad that the availability of American power sockets in our rooms was so useful for you. I hope to welcome you back next time. Kind Regards, Bethany Foster
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were given room 723 upon arrival. The bathroom sliding door was off the track and could not be opened nor closed. The mini fridge in the room was filthy. We called the Reception Desk and reported these items and were given room 439.. When we settled our bags into the room we walked to a nearby grocery store to purchase some things that needed to be refrigerated in the mini fridge in the room. Upon return to our room we discovered the fridge was not cold, in fact it was turned off and we could not find a switch to turn it on. We reported this to Reception Desk and were advised that a maintenance staff person would come to fix the fridge. 1 1/2 hrs later we called Reception again and got a different staff person who advised that fridges are not included in our "standard room" and had been turned off because they were being removed. This was after we had purchased food that needed to be refrigerated. We happened to be in our room when housekeeping arrived and the cleaner advised that they do not replace the coffee cups and drinking glasses but wash them in the bathroom sink instead. The housekeeping supervisor came to check our room and when we told her about the coffee cups and glasses she said that was not supposed to be done and that they had a dishpan with disinfectant solution to wash these items before they are placed back in the room. The breakfast which was included free in our room charge was the best we have seen anywhere - buffet style with too many hot and cold choices to list, including brewed coffee instead of the usual instant served in England. Elisa in the Business Centre was extremely helpful by assisting us to check in online and print our airline boarding passes. Overall great, friendly service by the staff. Only 1 block to the Glouster Underground station and bus stop.

Room Tip: Our room 439 had a beautiful view of a small park with lovely trees and looked over a side street of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Senior67

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.
Let me first apologise for the issues that you experienced during your recent stay at Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum.

We take all comments very seriously and I will be looking into these as there is no excuse for poor maintenance or lack of cleanliness. I am unclear on why the minibar in your room was switched off and the message you were given. I will also be looking into this.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly to discuss your comments.

We can not apologise enough for the inconvenience this caused you, and I certainly hope to hear from you so we can explore your comments in further detail and be able able to restore your faith in our hotel. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we sincerely hope to be part of your future travelling plans.

Best wishes,

Esmeralda Mendoza
esmeralda.mendoza@ihg.com

Been to Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum? Share your experiences!