“Usual Hilton” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #595 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Essex
“Usual Hilton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Stayed here after the office Christmas party. Had a double room on 6th floor. Room was clean and tidy. The size was adequate for single occupancy but would have been a bit small for two. Bathroom was also quite small. Bed was comfortable. Room suitable for business traveller.

Breakfast was fine food wise with plenty of choice but service was poor and inattentive which was only a problem as coffee was served rather than help yourself and they only filled up a single cup rather than providing a pot of coffee.

Bar was open till very late which was useful as the office party continued here till about 3.30am !

Location is ok but a moderate walk from the tube although close to London Overground service.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We really enjoyed our stay at the London Hilton Olympia. We booked a family room and it was a good size and perfect for us and the children. The breakfast was good too. I would go back there again. You can catch the bus into Knightsbridge or walk along High Street Kensington which is just 5 mins from the hotel so there is plenty nearby

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Forget any upgrades and I had to insist on the complimentary breakfast, for which a special waiver was granted. Forget a paper on your door. Had to change rooms as I couldn't stand up in the shower due to a low ceiling. Room in disrepair, also. Second room was fine.

Rugby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Rooms were ok but much internal noise with door slamming and thin walls
Restaurant was very untidy but food ok
The hotel has it own private car park but leaves up the NCP signs to fool you into thinking that the car park is owned by them when in fact it's not
We were charged £35 for 1 nights parking what a rip off
Won't be staying here again I will take my custom elsewhere

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Harrogate, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Things started off good to start with as my daughter & I were upgraded to a bigger room for two nights on the fourth floor, on entering you could tell the room needed a complete refit, but the beds were comfy, the room bigger than what we had booked,but it suited our needs.
But then when it came to the breakfast,after arriving about 10-45, we were told we would have to get everything we needed as the food would finish, so we got a bit of cooked breakfast, toast etc, put it on the table while I went to do the microwave porridge & sure enough everything then started to be thrown away,no grace there, I ate my porridge but when it came to eat the cooked breakfast, it was freezing nobody offered to put our meals on a hot plate, my pot of tea was cold,there was a draft coming from the kitchen, then to add to all that they started cleaning the room up around us,we complained at the desk & was told someone would contact us, we were in our room a while before going out shopping nobody got back to us, not even a note in the room when we got back.
We did not have time to query next day as we had a early train to catch on the Sunday.
So I rang the hotel Monday & was put through to who was in charge of the restaurant who said she would get back to me after speaking to staff & the chef,so far it is Tuesday afternoon & nobody has had the decency to get back to me.
No wonder Mr Stiglingh you are getting so many bad reviews you keep saying you will get things sorted but don't seem to follow it up, I see your last review was four days ago which was not good .

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
München, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

small rooms, no wifi signal in my room, slow check-in process, no electricity plug next to my bed, old TV... Might have been a good hotel 20 years ago, but if you are expecting "the Hilton" then book something else, as this one doesnt deserve a single star (and is quite expensive) However, the beds were good, and personnel friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

RiaanStiglingh, Director of Operations at Hilton London Olympia, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write to us. I apologise that on this occasion you did not enjoy your stay or the Hotel.

I was pleased to read that found the beds comfortable and the team friendly and helpful
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I booked this hotel through www.Priceline.com in a name your own price. I've been to London 4 previous times and this was my 5th visit to this wonderful city. However, this hotel is in need of either being torn down or closing the hotel for a complete renovation. They placed me in a room on the lower floor where I could hear terrible road noise. The windows are very thin and do not seal/close properly and much noise from outside can be heard. The carpeting appears dirty and worn. The woodwork is dinged and damaged and the bathrooms including the bathtub is very dangerous getting in and out of the tub. Even the water faucets show their age. The hotel staff though are extremely nice and helpful though. There is no problem with the hotel workers it's the hotel that is bad. I've stayed at many hotels throughout Europe and some of the nicest have been in Germany in terms of soundproofed windows and hallway doors. I remember specifically staying in a hotel one time in Zurich Switzerland near the airport that said it had specially soundproof rooms and it did. You could not hear the planes taking off or landing and noise between the walls or in the hallway could not be heard. Same as in Berlin Germany, a hotel advertised as soundproof, and it was. I wish hotels would take into consideration soundproofing when building Hotels, it's extremely important for guests.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Please accept my apologies that the venue and decor did not meet with your expectations.

I have shared your concerns with our Housekeeping and Engineering teams and we will certainly investigate and take the necessary actions to rectify the issues you mentioned.

I am sorry that you had a disrupted sleep and that you felt the noise from the hotel and the road kept you awake

Thank you for taking the time to write to us

Been to Hilton London Olympia? Share your experiences!