“Absolutley Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington

You added Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington to your Saves list
Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4-18 Harrington Gardens | Harrington Gardens, London SW7 4LH, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #361 of 1,065 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutley Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am a wedding and events planner at Ardley Weddings & Events Ltd, I planned and coordinated a school prom at this venue and currently planning a clients wedding, such a stunning hotel.

I would like to say a huge personal thank you, to all the staff, so polite, friendly, and extremely hard working. It was a pleasure working with you all.

I would highly recommend this hotel to any one and all my clients, and I look forward to working with them again in August, and on any future events.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear ArdleyWeddings

Thank you for your great feedback.

I am very pleased that you are completely satisfied with our service and standards. I made sure to pass your comments to the team and I thank you on their behalf.

I look forward to have you back in August.

Chris van Dam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Wall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here last year and had a very poor experience which I complained about. I didn't want to stay again however I was attending a company event at the Royal Albert Hall and was booked in by my company. I was expecting to be disappointed.

On arrival my bag was immediately collected from the taxi and taken to reception which is a nice touch and check in was prompt with nobody in the queue and plenty of people available to check people in. I was told I had a club room which was a very nice surprise as I had not booked one which came with free wifi and a club lounge where you could get free drinks and food. I didn't try this as I had a business dinner.

Even better when I arrived in my room I had complementy maccaroons and also a card welcoming me back. The room was lovely and the bed a perfect balance between hard and soft. I think the place must have had a lick of paint since my last visit as it was quite pristine.

The only disappointment in the room was the shower. I think my cat could have done a better job giving me a lick it had a complete lack of water pressure which meant getting wet enough to wash my hair was a challenge.

When I left the room I discovered my ususal paper on the door again this was a nice surprise as I hadn't ordered one but they had remembered from my last visit. I didn't have time for breakfast so can't comment but last time it was good.

On check in I was asked if I had enjoyed my stay and they had provided all the extras as I had a bad experience last time. I was given the card of Soumita Banjeree who said if I came next time to call her directly and she would ensure my stay was perfect.

Frankly I thought I would never come back to this place but in fairness to the hotel they more than compensated me for the last stay and exceeded my expectations. I know high quality consistent service is hard to deliver and at times people will fail but if they apologise like they did at this hotel then as far as I am concerned they win back a customer.

As other's have said the location next to Gloucester Road Tube makes it accessible for all of London - my recomendation would be give it a go.

Room Tip: The club rooms are great
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Izzyk

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay this time around and that we were able to restore your faith at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Wagga Wagga, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spent 3 days here after finishing a Trafalgar tour in Europe, Friendly staff who were very informative of the area and arranged tours and transport. Near to Kensington gardens, Harrods, Hyde park, Knightsbridge, Chelsea etc...etc..
Couldn't fault the room, dining or bar. Concierge brilliant.
Back here again for sure.

Room Tip: So close to everything
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear keith w

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased that we met your expectations on this occasion, especially regarding location, services and standards.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here from 15th June to 22nd June with two children - ages 4 and 8. We had two rooms interconnecting. Unfortunately the interconnecting door locked if closed so you had to put a pillow in between them.
We had a room on the 1st floor but it was too noisy as you could hear the reception piano so we moved to the 6th floor which was quieter. Gloucester station is a 30 sec walk across the road. Tescos and Prat-a-Manger was also straight across from hotel so easy to get snack foods etc. The concierges were amazing and always spot on with recommendations and directions. You can also walk to the National History Museum and Science museum and Kensington Park is only a short stroll.

Room Tip: rooms on floor one near reception area is noisey
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear DesireeD758

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that we met your expectations in all aspects of your stay, particularly regarding location with its easy access, shops, restaurants and attractions nearby.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Umea, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is my second visit at this hotel - I stayed here last summer as well.

This was great value for the money, again. I'd gladly stay again. Many hotels I looked at that cost approx. the same or slightly less were much more basic hotels than this one, and if you want something even better than this one it would have cost me a fortune - thus good value for my money.

The rooms are spacious for London, which hasn't been the case for other hotels I've stayed in when I've been to London. I like the decor too.

Location is excellent, especially if you fly into Heathrow like me. You can get the tube from Heathrow for 3 pounds (if you have an Oyster card at least, that's what they charged me) which is extremly much less than any other option and it'll get you to Gloucester Road tube station which is literally steps from the hotel. It also means you have all of London at your fingertips, since the tube station is frequented by the Picadilly, the District and the Circle lines. Great for getting around and sightseeing.

Room is very clean. Nice amenities in the bathroom.

The staff in reception have been very helpful and they managed to get me a quiet room that I had requested - I suffer from insomnia so this is important to me and I appreciate the assistance.

This is a big hotel, and it seems to cater to both business and conference travelers as well as tour groups, wedding receptions etc. As a solo female traveler who is in town for tourism and specific events in town, they treated me like a valuable guest despite not being on business nor as a part of a bigger group - very nice and attentive staff! I feel perfectly safe and at home at this hotel.

Area is safe to walk around in too, even at fairly late hours since I've been returning quite late some evenings.

Breakfast staff is very nice and polite too. Breakfast is rather pricey, but I opted for having it included in the rate this time because I wanted to prepay as many things as I possibly could this time around. Breakfast buffet is of good quality though, but if you think the price is too steep, you'll find several places in the imidate area where you can have something to eat, or you could stock up on items at Waitrose or Tesco which you can find in the area as well.

Didn't use room service or the restaurants - apart from breakfast - this time around so I can't comment on those services at this time.

Like others have stated, the extremly pricey wifi is something I don't like at this hotel. That's the only complaint I have about this place - everything else is top notch.

The business centre needs a positive comment too, they helped me print a voucher for an event I've been attending and that I had forgotten to print out at home.

I had a standard room (not a club room) on the first floor.

It's been very warm during the days I've been here and having A/C in the room has been a blessing!

Room Tip: They were very helpful in providing me with a room that was as quiet as you can expect in a big city...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear maxisweden

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a second great review about your experience at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.

Very pleased that you were again satisfied with most aspects of your stay and that you rated us so highly.

Regarding the WiFi, I have noted your comment about the charges and I will take them into consideration when we next review our standards.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you personally in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We've often chosen to stay at either this hotel or the Millennium Bailey's hotel due to their great location. Having just completed a four night stay at the Gloucester, we found it is in fine shape with very good service and responsiveness. It is quite busy these days - lots of airline crews, guests from many corners of the world and a few weddings and functions booked in. If your plans are firm, consider the 'leisure for longer' rates for a stay of several nights - it's a good value. when booking, consider whether the club room accommodation (club area has breakfast and drinks and canapes available all inclusive; internet is also included in the rate) makes sense.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear philatour

Thank you for your great review.

I am very grateful for your kind comments about the location, standards and service, particularly the Club lounge offering.

I hope to have the pleasure of your visit again in the near future.

Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

For a recent trip, I have to say this was my favorite place we stayed in London. The rooms were incredibly clean, well sized, well air conditioned, modern furnishings, and wonderful reception staff. We got a twin bed room, and there was more the adequate space for us to stretch out. Some of the other nice amenities included a towel warming rack, shoe mits, as well as an electronic signal for "do not disturb" and "clean my room now". We stayed at another 4-star hotel in Center London that was not nearly on the same level as this hotel.

It is very conveniently located right across from the underground station, and just a short walk away from the V&A Museum and the Natural History Museum. There are also tons of small shops (and even a grocery store) where you can get meals.

The only dimmers to my experience were that the wifi access (for what you pay for it) is spotty, and the maids are too vigilante. I was woken up at 8am every day of my visit because I was located right next to where the cleaning supplies were stored. On top of that, the maids did not seem to actually acknowledge the do not disturb sign or electronic signal that I had put up -- they knocked on my door frequently to see if it was time to clean. When I finally mentioned this to the manager? in charge of the maids on my floor, she demanded a time when they could come in to clean the room (I said between 10-11am, and she said she needed an exact time). I mentioned this to the reception staff, however, and they took measures to address the issue. Clearly they take cleaning very seriously, so my recommendation would be to request at the front desk a room far away from the cleaning storage closets and speak up if there is an issue.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator, and away from the cleaning storage closest.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ChrisvanDamGM, General Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Eli N

Thank you for your positive review.

I am very grateful for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel. I have shared your kind comments about room cleanliness, reception staff and location with the team and I thank you on their behalf.

Regarding the WiFi and Housekeeping issues, I apologise for any inconvenience caused. I have noted your comments and these will addressed with the departments.

I hope to have the pleasure of your visit again in the future.

Chris van Dam

Been to Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington? Share your experiences!