“Many Thanks Millennium Gloucester!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington

You added Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington to your Saves list
Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4-18 Harrington Gardens | Harrington Gardens, London SW7 4LH, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #360 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Cymru
“Many Thanks Millennium Gloucester!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Many thanks Millennium Glocester for a great weekend stay. Booked through TravelZoo deal and for a weekend break in London...what more do you want... Great location for the tube and other local services, friendly staff, great breakfast and helpful concierge.
We also had a room on the 3rd floor and down a long corridor...so what....no problem. The room was clean with a huge comfortable bed.
Ok, £20 for two vodka tonics may be steep, but then, if your on a bugdet, you don't spend hours in the hotel bar do you!

Diolch yn fawr!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant on behalf of Mr Lee Richards, Hotel Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear hafodybryn,

Thank you for your great review!

I was very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the location, room and services standards.

I hope you return soon to stay with us.

Executive Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My daughter (14) had 2 inset days from school and decided to take her to London for 3 nights. So happy we chose this hotel (Travelzoo deal). As others have said, fantastic Reception area
with a good bar and glowing fire which was lit each evening. Our stay went seamlessly well, from the minute we checked in to the moment we left. Never experienced such friendly, courteous staff anywhere, particularly helpful was Raomos (sorry don't think I've spelt that right at all) at the Concierge - who booked our tickets for Madame Tussads and the Big Bus Company.

Minor points were having to pay for wifi and the bathroom looked a bit tired. Couldn't find fault with anything else though. My daughter says she will miss the beautiful (appley?) smell present in the corridors leading to our room - whatever room spray or cleaner they use is gorgeous.

Breakfast was very good with very quick service. We liked the location and we could get tube to and from King's Cross very easily. Would I stay here again? Yes, definitely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear seachange7,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor!

I was delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the service, breakfast and overall standards. I was especially happy with your comments on the apple smell as this was recently introduced and I was glad that you and you daughter liked it.

I shared you feedback with the team and it put a smile on everybody's face.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Frigate Ay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for four days. Very busy in the Bar & Lobby. The Bell hops were fantastic at recommending things & very good in getting cabs for you, also super fast with the luggage.
Room wasnt bad, quite spacious for central London & clean. Location is Fantastic, walking distance to Museums & Hyde Park. Gloucester Road tube station is a 2 minute walk.
Would definatly stay here again. Never ate in the hotel as too many great restaurants near by.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to club rooms if they are available, they are a little bigger & did it for us...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Landcrab_11,

Thank you for your review!

I am glad that you had a enjoyable stay with us and that you were happy with the location, transport links and restaurants nearby.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed for 4 days for business mainly but a couple of days for pleasure.
The location was so convenient, right next to the tube stop and many restaurants in the area, museums just a short walk away.
We tried the Chinese restaurant next door which I found out later is actually affiliated with the hotel...so good and friendly staff! We didn't try the hotel bar or the breakfast as there is a Paul's across the street (croissants!)
The only "complaints" I have would be the quality of the "business centre" and the fact I had to pay for a outlet converter for my european electronics, this should be available like a hair dryer....
The business center is a convenient idea but I needed to print out a simple spread sheet for a meeting and the ANCIENT computers didn't even have basic word loaded and I couldn't open the file.
It was a real disappointment because it seemed like such a business friendly hotel. I would definitely suggest you update your business centre and offer free wifi. Who pays for internet in hotels these days anyway??!!?! That is so 2003. Time to trade up.

Room Tip: 5 floor or higher to avoid too much traffic noise...though not such a big concern.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dmlucente,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor!

I was very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were especially happy with the service you received at Bugis Street restaurant and the location!

I thank you very much for your feedback about the business centre equipment. I passed it on to the relevant managers who wil be looking into it.

We look forward to welcoming you back i nthe future.

Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Excellent hotel. Recommended to people spoke to about trip on train back to Edinburgh. Hotel was booked for city break to london through a travelzoo deal. Hotel is just round the corner from Gloucester Road tube station, which is used by a few of the tube lines and is one of the last stops within zone 1. The hotel is less than 5 mins walk from tube station. Did not try hotel bar, or restaurants that are run by the hotel. There is a lovely pub not even 10 mins walk down from the tube station that is very responsible for london. Within 5 mins walk is a tesco express and a few restaurants.

Included in deal got was breakfast and I not usually a breakfast fan at the best of times especially in hotels. This was different breakfast went on till 1030. We went just after 10am on first day just to check it out as had been included in price not expecting much to be faced with lots of choice and not the ends of food. Traditional cooked breakfast as well as continental, also pancake and noodles option. All lovely... Only complaint was it put out our meals for the rest of the day as we were not feeling as if we needed lunch till about 3/4pm due to how much we ate at breakfast. Went back on the second day to food of the same standard.

Checked out and left luggage with concierge and spend another day exploring london.

We had a fantastic time and for deal received was excellent. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Had room on 4th floor on even side. Room was lovely just like professional pictures. Room was away f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant on behalf of Mr Lee Richards, Hotem Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Cboss,

Thank you very much for this great feedback and for recommending us.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a lovely time at breakfast, however I am sorry to know that this spoiled you meal times for the rest of the day.

I hope that you became a breakfast fan and return to stay with us in the near future.

Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I used to stay at this hotel all the time when I had to frequent London for business travels. Standard was reasonable with good service at the concierge and check-in reception. Breakfast staff and those running Bugis Street (the hotel's restaurant) were also friendly, and even remembered your name!
Unfortunately, my wife and myself recently went back to London for a holiday and I insisted on staying at this hotel again.
Big mistake, as they put us in a horrible room on the third floor that was all the way down the corridor, and very poorly lit. The lighting in the room was so horrible that I had to use my own flashlight to pack my luggage properly! The carpeted floor even had dust balls throughout the room! Well, you can't clean what you can't see.
Service was also very bad at the check-in even though the staff's name badge seemed to indicate that she was new. However, if she was new, then she shouldn't have been the only staff member on duty. How was she expected to cope?
Overall, I am very disappointed, and will not only choose somewhere else, but also recommend all my friends elsewhere for hotel choices in London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant on behalf of Lee Richards, Hotel Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear sci10109,

Thank you for your review.

I was very concerned when I read your comments and I have passed your observations to the management to be addressed immediately.

I understand your disappointment regarding your experience, having enjoyed staying with us previously. I apologise sincerely for the shortfall in service as your experience does not reflect the high standards of service we strive to provide.

Despite indicating otherwise, I do hope that you consider the Millennium Gloucester again in the future, if so, kindly let me know when you are planning to visit London and I will be pleased to assist with your booking with us.

If you wish to discuss this matter further or if you have more comments, please feel free to contact me on danila.junglee@millenniumhotels.co.uk.

Yours sincerely,

Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel, on first impression is glamorous, however the room smelt and the service in the bar and restaurant was poor. After waiting at an empty bar for 10mins my group left without drinks, the staff were more concerned in arranging furniture for the arrival of a party than the 6 of us already there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Danila J, Executive Office Assistant on behalf of Mr Lee Richards, Hotel Manager at Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear ClampetsIreland,

Thank you for your review.

I apologise sincerely for the shortfall in service. I assure you that your experience does not reflect the high standards of service we strive to provide.

I passed your comments to the management and your concerns will be addressed accordingly. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and please accept my apologies.

Yours sincerely,

Executive Office

Been to Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington? Share your experiences!