“Good Hotel......good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Garden Hotel

You added Royal Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Royal Garden Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-24 Kensington High Street, London W8 4PT, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Offers & Announcements
FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST
Ranked #143 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
staffordshire
“Good Hotel......good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and really like it....seems a bit of a favorite with football teams as well as there has been either a team or some football legend staying there every time we have!.........the reception/door staff are efficient and friendly, the rooms are spacious and clean with good amenities, all you would expect from a good London hotel. If you are lucky enough to have a room overlooking the park the view is lovely. They have a nice bar upstairs where the service is good also.
Breakfast can be a little chaotic and busy and if you order from the menu they do charge extra, and I did notice a couple of people to whom this hadn’t been made clear, there is however no real need to order extras unless you particularly fancy something as there is plenty to choose from on the buffet, my husband had a very good full English breakfast from the buffet and I had a good selection of fruit etc. All in all a good hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the park if they have one!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Guwahati, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel lives up to expectation. Helpful staff and good rooms. I got a road view room but there was zero noise. Breakfast had a good spread. Best thing about the hotel is the excellent location. The tube station is hardly a 5 minute walk and lots of good places to shop over the weekend.

Did not a chance to have dinner at the hotel, but the other couple who were travelling with us, did and they gave very good feedback.

Overall, im coming back next time in in london.

Room Tip: Ask for a park view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Witney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

That is, besides being expensively modernized and in a Prime Location on the edge of Kensington Gardens and neighouring the Palace and the shops of Kensington High Street - our full confidence in knowing: -

We will receive a genuinely warm welcome from everyone, whether it is from the general
manager or the chamber maid.

The ease and comfort of knowing all arrangements will have been made, including every effort
to ensure we have our favourite room.

The hidden secret of the hotel's competitively priced, yet award winning, restaurants

Leisurely afternoon teas (once again, at surprisingly reasonable prices) whilst devouring the
best scones since mother used to make them and listening to the melodic sound of Nina
tinkling the ivories.

Proper coffee prepared by the genial Park Terrace boss, Massimo, who crafted his art in
Florence.

The smiling face of Vilmos, running the bar; which is an appropriate description because he
moves around the tables so quickly he must be on skates!

We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a view across the park. Park Terrace lunches and afternoon teas are real quality at surpr...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read such lovely comments from a loyal and valuable guest who has been staying consistently for many years.
I’m also glad to know that my colleagues in Park Terrace; Massimo and Vilmos have made your stay extra special. Your feedback is very much appreciated and has been passed on to the relevant managers and teams who were very pleased to hear your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year.

Uckfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Reading the two previous reviews I can wholeheartedly agree, the night in question December 5th (my birthday!) was a very cold night and we were left outside barefooted for two hours...not one single member of staff in sight!! We were never informed about what was going on, you would think a 5* hotel would have some sort of agreement with another local hotel to have a room where their guests could wait in the warm. It completely ruined our trip to London as we were too tired the next day to do anything we had planned to do....unacceptable!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Graham B, General Manager at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. First of all I wanted to extend our sincere apologies at any inconvenience caused to you and your friend during your stay in regards to the fire evacuation.
Our main concern is the safety of our guests, and it was unfortunate that you had to wait outside, but we are unable to allow guests back in until the Fire Officer was satisfied the building was safe to re-enter. We had a full complement of night staff on duty, most of whom were assisting the fire department, which is why they may not have been prominent.

I did want to confirm that we do have arrangements in place with other organisations and plans were being made to utilize them in case the delay had been further extended. However, we are looking into a more localized option capable of handling the number of guests so that we may shorten the decision time.
Rest assured we will be contacting you directly to discuss further.

Cambs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here recently on business. Efficient check inn although quoted the wrong room rate. The rate was corrected on check out.
Room was nice I stayed in a single occupency room which was suitable. Bathroom was well equipped and modern. Bed was very comfrotable. I did not have a park view, but no road noise either so that was fine.
The hotel is very good at marketing add on's for your room lots of items priced up for you to have. However the only complimentary options they provide are tea, coffee & a bottle of water. For the price of the room I would off expected a complimentary biscuit. As per my previous comment I could of had a biscuit if I had bought the box priced £3.00!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It was great to read that you had a nice stay overall and that most of our facilities met your expectations. I am also pleased to know that our Reception Team were very efficient in dealing and correcting the rate for you.
With reference to your feedback on offering complimentary biscuits in the room; we will consider the matter carefully. We are always striving to improve, and our guests’ suggestions are fundamental to this.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for the last four years on business, and since moving to Spain from the UK my wife stays here when returning to London...so we like the hotel! Unfortunately the hotel has let itself down with a recent fire alarm when my wife and young daughters were guests. They were left outside for two hours in the freezing cold from just before 1.00am...no fault of the hotel...BUT...to have no staff stay with the guests...have your guests in night clothes congregating at the entrance to a night club where drunk men also congregating...that is the hotel management.

I called the General Manager to let him know how disappointed I was...he sounded apologetic, took my wife's name and said he would contact her. In these situations a heartfelt apology and a promise to fix it next time is usually all you need...you guessed it...he (nor any of his staff) made any contact in the two evenings she remained in the hotel.

I believe my daughters were the only children there (13 & 15), left outside a nightclub with drunk men and no supervision from the hotel staff in sight...they will not see me or anyone from my business again!!!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. First of all I wanted to extend our sincere apologies at any inconvenience caused to your family during their stay in regards to the fire evacuation. Our main concern is the safety of our guests, and it was unfortunate that they had to wait outside in the cold, but we are unable to allow guests back in until the Fire Officer was satisfied the building was safe to re-enter. I wanted to let you know that I will be in contact with you directly to discuss this further and rebuild your faith in the Royal Garden Hotel.

Far Hills, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Royal Garden for 6 nights in Oct 2012, combination business trip and weekend stay as a tourist. On my previous trips I had selected hotels near the Insurance District, convenient for work but the neighborhood always struck me as rather dingy and dull. I was much happier with the Royal Gardens' Kensington location. Station for the Tubes is a quick 2 block walk from the hotel, 20 minutes to Tower Hill or Fenchurch. Kensington is vibrant with upscale shops, abundant restaurants, attractive residences & Hyde Park green space. Very pretty and engaging area, had a fantastic weekend strolling the shops, the park and wandering the market on Portobello Road. Hotel itself is nicely appointed, modern, comfortable, upscale...not stodgy or overdone, but also not stark or edgy. Staff was helpful and provided great advice about the area. Food in the bar was actually good, and food in the top floor fine-dining chinese restaurant was excellent. My room was a decent size for a city hotel, with a large and luxurious bathroom. Deep, deep tub and separate shower, with rain shower-head fixture. King bed was comfortable and storage space was plentiful, plus desk, lounge chair & flat screen TV. My room was away from the street and very quiet, and had a great view of Kensington Palace. No "Royals" spotted, however. Hotel price was in line with inescapable corporate guidelines, always tough to find in London. I plan to make the Royal Gardens my go- to hotel for my twice-annual business's trips to the land of the Queen.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I’m delighted to hear that you had a fantastic weekend and found our hotel in Kensington conveniently located for your leisure and business activities. I am particularly happy to know that our staff have done another outstanding job by delivering great customer service and exceptional cuisine as they always do. I am also pleased to know that you enjoyed a comfortable stay in a King Room and that all the room’s features met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the new year.

Royal Garden Hotel

Been to Royal Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!