“a lovely place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Gore Hotel

You added The Gore Hotel to your Saves list
The Gore Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   190 Queen's Gate, London SW7 5EX, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Ranked #207 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Western Ireland, Ireland
“a lovely place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

Wonderful location, beautiful builidng and opulent room. Good food. nice bar.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Stayed for 3 nights over the course of London Fashion Week with my girlfriend. Our stay couldn’t have been better. The room was stunning, the staff were more than helpful, the food both lunch and breakfast were top drawer from homemade granola (which was the best I’ve ever tasted) to a smashing and very reasonably priced lunch menu. We also loved the location as it’s nestled between Knightsbridge, Kensington and Pimlico while only 5 minutes walk from the circle line. We will definitely be back to this hidden gem.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

We travel very regularly to London. We live in Paris but all our children have decided to work or, for the last one, to study, in London. We take the Eurostar to London to see them. It has taken us sometimes to find the place where we feel like returning regularly. It is called the Gore. A few steps from Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park, it allows for splendid jogging. Shopping at Knightsbridge and South Kensington are at walking distance. The place itself is kind and comfortable.

We always take a Deluxe room, as we are happy to be able to gather with children in a large room, but we have stayed in other rooms and they were also very pleasant. Each room in which we stayed is richly decorated in its own manner, but in the same late nineteenth century English style (which to me, a Frenchman not knowing much, would appear Victorian or aristocratic). We enjoy it. It is fun.

Room service is kind and accurate in its estimate of the time when the food will be delivered. The food is good. It is the food of the restaurant. Checking in and out is fast.

We return regularly.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

I was lucky enough to have good friends who recommended a visit to this hotel. This I did and was wonderfully surprised that the experience turned out to be very special indeed.
The location could not be better, being so close to all the museums, the Albert Hall and many great shopping experiences London can offer.

The rooms were beautiful and had been created with much thought and style. The food was excellent and dining experience was very contempary.

The staff were very attentive and helpful.

I would highly recommend you have a stay in the Gore if you feel like treating yourself, or indeed someone very special.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

Was in London for the weekend , & needed somewhere special but not overly expensive & was recommended this hotel by a friend. Fantastic rooms , a friendly & comfortable bar combined with attentive staff & a great location - particularly if you're attending an event at the Albert Hall means that this hotel is a hidden gem . If you are prepared to spend a little bit above average London rates I would highly recommend The Gore

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

It’s all rather tragic that it has taken me so long to write a review of my beloved Gore Hotel. –And I really know this hotel, since I have been staying here for over 13 years, I think I’m qualified… I've seen a lot of changes over the years –all good, and have probably stayed in every themed room more than once; However, I tend to just request Miss Fanny these days. I have stayed here with friends, business associates, with my family, just with the wife, and myself so many times it truly has been my home in London over the years -And I really know London. I went to school in London back in the 80's and have been regularly traveling here for business and pleasure ever since. I actually lived for a time a block or two from the Gore on Hyde Park Gate many years ago. So, I've seen it all in London and although the Gore is now, and has often been, my choice of residence in London I have also stayed at The Dorchester, the Milestone, Browns, Claridge’s, The Pelham, Covent Garden Hotel, The Ritz and many others. -But I have to say the Gore is still my favorite. It really is like staying at a dear friend’s townhome. -And the Staff, in a word is -Magnificent! And I would be remiss if I didn’t give a special mention to the concierge at the Gore for the past few years, Trevor, who is, hands down, one of the best guys and concierges there is. Trevor always has the town wired and his attentiveness to his guests is simply outstanding. -Dining Reservations, Tickets, Clubs, Shopping, VIP lists, you name it Trevor makes it happen! Take care of him if you go, He alone would be reason enough to stay at The Gore! Anyway, I've had so many grand times at the Gore it would be impossible for me to write them all out. Bottom Line: The Gore is unquestionably one of the most unique and charming hotels I've ever stayed, and still, after all these years, my favorite hotel in London. If you have the opportunity to stay here take it. The Gore is a London destination that shouldn't be missed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights, including New Year's Eve. The interior of the hotel is faboulous, the location is ok., the breakfasts are nice. The service at breakfast time is also perfect (they don't clear the place as soon as it is 11 am ... - they respect the guests who are still there and welcome the latesleepers. ) The room was splendid, especially after adding a small electric heater in the bathroom.
The reservations desk was well informed, fast and responsive (Urszula). The concierge was very helpful, really concerned about our wellbeing. The reception desk very efficient and responsive (Monika is one name I remember for being very gracious). We will be back.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Gore Hotel? Share your experiences!