“Gerald Negvesky, MD” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Milestone Hotel

You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (South Kensington)   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #2 of 1,052 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Gerald Negvesky, MD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Milestone is an absolute London Gem! A close sophisticated friend who frequents London from the U.S. recommended it to us. My family of 5 spent 9 nights in July....Simply Spectacular! Accommodations are elegant, location is prime( best in London), staff is attentive and graceful. The culture of the Milestone is that of pure excellence in hospitality. Entire staff was wonderful, however, Jose and Andrea in concierge and Grant in dining, were among the best in service that we have ever experienced. The Milestone made each of us feel like Royalty. We are already planning our return trip next Summer.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Henderson, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Please, I don't consider this four star rating a negative at all. It is a lovely old hotel in Kensington adjacent to the Kensington Palace and Hyde Park, a great, relatively quiet, convenient location in London. The rooms are nice and excellently appointed in the old city style. The restaurant was small, but stylish and had excellent service. The bar was a beautiful, wood paneled and brass railed room with a horse racing theme. An excellent place to decompress and relax after a day in London. Where the Milestone really excelled was the service throughout. Special kudos to Benny at the front desk, Andrea the concierge, Fabrizio, the restaurant manager, and Emmanuel the sommelier. That being said, after having stayed at other Red Carnation properties, something here just did not seem to flow right (in a nit picky minor way)-I cannot put my finger on it. Although I did not give it a five star, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Sonoma, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We recently had the pleasure of enjoying afternoon tea at the Milestone Hotel in London. We thought it would be an enjoyable experience, but it far exceeded our expectations. The Park Lounge was a lovely setting, and the service was amazing from start to finish.

Once we were seated, our server asked what kinds of teas we liked, made recommendations, and poured our tea. It was delicious! In fact, our 19 year old son declared that it was the best tea that he’d ever tasted and the staff was kind enough to send him off with some to enjoy at home.

Our sandwiches and desserts were next, and they were superb! The presentation was spectacular, and we ate far more than we should have. After having had our fill of finger sandwiches, meringue lollipops, cupcakes with wonderful passion fruit frosting, amazing cheesecake, berry tarts, lemon eclairs, and moist, flavorful carrot orange cake, it was time for scones and jam!

The scones arrived warm from the oven with clotted cream and homemade strawberry-raspberry jam, and they were amazing! The scones were easily the best we’d ever had and the jam was out of this world! All in all, it was an embarrassment of riches. We were pampered with spectacular service, our favorites were replenished as quickly as they were eaten, and the tea was perfection! They even prepared takeaway boxes for the treats we couldn’t finish.

Afternoon Tea at the Milestone Hotel was a highlight of our trip, and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed 6 nights in June at the Milestone Apartments (apt#1) We are a family of 4 with kids 7 and 11. We LOVED the Milestone. Everyone was very nice but still professional (especially Steven at the door). The apartment was super roomy and cozy. It had 2 bedrooms, 2 1/5 baths, lovely sitting room, and a very functional kitchen. We didn't eat at the apartment as much as I thought we would...but it was nice to have. We used the washer and dryer every day.
The location was perfect with two parks with great playgrounds nearby, lots of dining options, and a tube station a few minutes away. The M&S food hall was a good spot for some prepared foods.
Our room rate came with breakfast and it was delicious every day. It was funny how they interpreted chocolate chip pancakes for my son.
Anyway - we had a great trip and loved the hotel. We would stay here again any time.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I was so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay in one of our long stay apartments at The Milestone Hotel. As you mentioned they are very homely with all the services of the hotel which is ideal for families. I was also glad that you liked the location of the apartments so you could easily explore what Kensington and the other parts of Central London had to offer. Breakfast is always special at The Milestone so I was again delighted that you enjoyed this with your family each morning. I have passed on your kind words to Steven plus the rest of the team and we all hope you will be able to visit us again soon. My kindest regards, Andrew Pike.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed last summer with family. The hotel is very conveniently located, but is small and dated IMO. The service was excellent overall, we did receive a call one night from a woman at the front desk telling us of a complaint of noise from some other guests. I explained there was no one in our room and I had just come down the hall and heard the phone, she was rude and told me to keep it down anyway.
Lots of American tourists here, thanks to Trip Advisor and other lists. The excellent reviews on TA swayed us to try this hotel, but I would likely not choose it again without it having some major renovation.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed in London on two other occasions vacationing. The Milestone was by far the best. A beautiful property. So refined! The staff always went "the extra mile" to accommodate us. The doorman was always cheerful. The concierge staff helped us with travel plans. The check in and out went so smoothly. Reception staff so friendly and efficient. Also the food is great. We ate all our meals at the hotel because it was so delicious. When I retuned to the US I realized that I left my IPad in my hotel room. I called them and they said no problem we will send it to you. I had my IPad back within the week! This is the best hotel in London. You will be extremely satisfied!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
I was so glad to firstly read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel and that, most importantly, we managed to get your Ipad back to you. I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and the genuine service we take pride in delivering to our guests in the hotel. I have passed on your kind words to the team here and we all hope that you will get the chance to come and stay with us again soon. My kindest regards, Andrew Pike.
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for the first time recently on business. The hotel is one of the best in the area, service is next to none - all staff very accommodating and attentive. The hotel is a grand old building, but very well maintained and absolutely spotlessly clean...cleaners seem to work very hard with great care.
Restaurant food amazing.....
Was only a flying visit, but am looking to come back soon for a stay with my partner.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Thank you very much for posting your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the facilities and service you received during your stay and that you would like to come and stay with us again. I am 100% confident that we will once again meet your expectations. With renewed thanks, Andrew Pike.