“Wonderful week in a family apartment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Milestone Hotel

You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #3 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful week in a family apartment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed in the William and Kate apartment, and it was perfect for our family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers. We appreciated having 2 bedrooms, a sitting room, and kitchen.

What makes the Milestone so special, though, is the outstanding service from the staff. Housekeeping was impeccable, especially considering the size of the apartment. We also received outstanding service from the concierge desk on an almost daily basis. I can't praise the concierge team enough.

We ate breakfast one morning at the hotel restaurant, and it was delicious. We also enjoyed our afternoon tea in the lounge.

I would highly recommend the Milestone to anyone, especially families for the apartment option.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Carol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Well if a little on the rough side I need is serviced at the front desk in the lobby they were a little rude and I didn't care like what they were doing a room and everything was better the room was beautiful had a good time at the pool was amazing and yeah there was so much more to do a lot of people and said this hotel is okay it's really picky for me

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Poor and rood room services staff not much to chose
Noisy
Expensive not match what you get
Stay away from service elevator you won't be able to sleep it is like adril in the bed
I prefer Bagilioni hotel

Room Tip: Stay away from service elevaty
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

You Know that this is not your ordinary chain hotel when you get a letter before your arrival asking for anything from pillow preferences to yoga mats. As it happened it was our anniversary and the attention from the staff was outstanding and made our stay most enjoyable. Gifts and personal notes, chocolate-dipped strawberries in the evening. They even made us some hot chocolate to enjoy by the fireplace after a cold evening out. The room was large (by London standards) and had plenty of character and all the comforts you'd expect at a 5-star hotel. Breakfast was also excellent, so we'll forgive them for having a rather small pool. All in all a very enjoyable and memorable stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked the romance package deal for my husband's 40th birthday, which included one night's stay, breakfast, pink champagne on arrival etc. I had read the trip advisor reviews beforehand and expected superb service and staff and was not disappointed. Upon arrival, I learnt that we had been upgraded to a junior suite, which was absolutely amazing. The staff were warm, friendly and as my husband commented, always knew what you wanted - taxi; luggage storing; bag for a selection of Christmas themed Chocs from the help yourself bowl on reception - before you even did! Everything about this hotel was 5* quality and we couldn't fault a thing. The decor is beautiful and in keeping with the age of the building. The general atmosphere is one of exclusivity coupled with a unique charm. Highly recommended.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I was absolutely delighted to read your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was really glad to read that you enjoyed your romantic break with us to celebrate your husbands 40th birthday and we met your expectations in all aspects of your stay.
I do hope that you will join us again in the near future.
My best wishes,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fabulous hotel from the moment you leave the taxi to be greeted by the doorman with a light up smile. All staff were friendly & helpful. The personal touches make this hotel outstanding. Stunning room & huge bed. The gifts in the room, the hand written welcome letter, the huge fluffy towels & soft thick robes. Beautiful breakfast & attentive but not intrusive staff. Thank you! I could get very used to this standard!

• Stayed December 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked all of the finer details we provide our guests with including the personal gift which all of our guests receive upon arrival. We provide honest and genuine hospitality at the hotel so again I was really pleased that you received a warm welcome from my team and equally that you enjoyed all of the service you received during your stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to them. I hope we get the chance to meet your expectations once again in the near future.
My kindest regards,
Manhasset, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you are looking for a classic hotel that is not on Park Lane or within the midst of tourist this is your place! Charming lobby, awesome lounge and classic bar in the back of the hotel. This hotel has a very homey feel because the staff is truly amazing. They are there when you need them, but not in your face every time you turn around. An example of how good the staff is, was one morning at breakfast I overheard a couple trying to order porridge with some items on the side. After a few moments of the customer trying to organize their thoughts regarding honey, raisins brown sugar and other goodies, the waiter said, "How about you tell me exactly what you wish and I will do my best to make it come true". A few minutes later there were two bowls of porridge and a whole trail of options to the customers delight! Just one example of how this staff does everything to make you feel comfortable and "at home".

The concierge and check in staff are very efficient and pleasant.

The nearest tube station is about a 5-7 walk up the high street to Kennisington/High Street Station. If you are want to take the tube to the "touristy" locales you will need to switch trains to get to Piccadily Circus or Oxford Circus, not terrible but a switch is required. Taxi's were easy to hail from the hotel location if you dont want the tube.

Very classy hotel with old English charm but not stuffy. Make time for High Tea if stay as the offering was scrumptious.

Room Tip: If your room faces the main street it may be a bit noisier. Each room has a different design decor.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. We pride ourselves on delivering a discreet yet professional service at all times so again your feedback is greatly appreciated. I have passed on your comments to my Food and Beverage team and the rest of the great team I am proud to have working at the hotel. I really do hope that you will join us again soon.
My best wishes,

Andrew Pike

Been to The Milestone Hotel? Share your experiences!