“Best Five Star Experience Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Milestone Hotel

You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (South Kensington)   |
Special Offer
Up to 33% OFF!
Ranked #3 of 1,053 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Benito, Texas
“Best Five Star Experience Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

From the moment we arrived, I knew we'd "arrived." We were very early, but they changed our original room to one that would be ready much sooner and offered us tea and biscuits in the lovely front parlor. Our room was unusual with bathroom on one level and bedroom a few steps up, but lovely bedding and decor. Loved the different pillow treats each turndown.

Our breakfasts were delicious served in a charming dining room with a fireplace (no need for extra warmth in July though). The bar was so British library. I'm sorry I didn't have time for a drink there.

Our favorite doorman, Stephen, made us feel safe while we watched a 25K person protest on our street. Very interesting to see something like that for us small town Texas women.

If I ever get back to London I hope I can stay again at the Milestone. It is FIRST CLASS!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your comments on to Stephan and the rest of my great team. I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Andrew Pike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

We've just returned from a lovely 3 day break in London and can highly recommend it. Giles warmly welcomed us, and there were many thoughtful touches. For example, I asked at breakfast the first day for maple syrup and it arrived on day two!

Room Tip: Room service was superb. Best club sandwich I've eaten for a while
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for leaving your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we met your expectations especially with our great Club Sandwiches. I do hope that you will come and visit us again soon.
Best regards,
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

The hotel is beautiful and the staff are outstanding. Across from Hyde Park.
Consider getting the two bedroom apartment instead of two separate rooms.
We will definitely stay there on our next London trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned our 2 bedroom apartments are a really good option and also good value. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best wishes,
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed at the Milestone the second week of July and had a wonderful experience. The location is terrific with easy access to public transportation. The hotel itself is beautiful. The service from the staff could not have been better. We hope to stay here again in the years to come.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased to read that you found the location, service and facilities of the hotel to your liking and we hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We had our wedding celebration at The Milestone last weekend and it could not have been more perfect. From the welcome both we and our guests received to the delicious food, service and accommodation we would not have changed anything.
The hotel is in a fabulous location opposite Kensington Gardens and Kensington Palace and so has good transport links for central London as well as amazing views. We had great fun with Manvee planning the event and we very grateful to Grant and Fabrizio for putting it all together on the day and making the room look amazing. These guys accommodated our every request with no problem or question. Every staff member we came across was friendly helpful and professional.
The day was finished off perfectly when we went back to our room and found rose petals scattered everywhere!
We were so glad we chose the Milestone, we always felt very welcome and looked after when we visited and the whole experience was a pleasure. We will be going back there for many years to come.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I was absolutely delighted to read your kind words following your recent celebrations at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased that we met your expectations and that our team ensured everything went to plan. I have passed on your thanks to Manveer, Grant and Fabrizio plus the rest of the team. I sincerely hope that you will come and stay with us again and once again congratulations on your wedding.
Best wishes,
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I have stayed at many 5 star hotels all over the world and The Milestone truly tops them all. My wife and I has 2 nights there on 13th and 14th August and were treated to an upgrade on arrival. The suite was beautiful and the staff couldn't do enough to help. It sounds like a cliche to say we were treated like royalty but I can think of no other way to describe it. From the doorman on our arrival, to the delightful reception ladies on check in, to Pedro who showed us around introducing us to all of the team, to the helpful concierge who arranged a car for us for an afternoon's sight seeing, to the barman who made us a special cocktail as we couldn't decide from the menu.....I could go on. The location of the hotel is literally opposite Kensington gardens and is also convenient to walk to Harrods and the main shopping area. There is simply no other hotel in London than we would consider staying at from now on.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
I was absolutely delighted to read your thoughts on your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service you received. I have passed on your kind words to Pedro and to the rest of the team. Many thanks for taking the time to write your review and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for 3 days. The hotel is very nice, our room was perfect. The whole staff is very pleasant and friendly and knew us by name. The breakfast is excellent too! I would definitely stay there again on our next trip to London.

• Stayed August 2014
I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to write your kind words. I have passed these on to my team here at the hotel and we all hope to welcome you back soon.
My kindest regards,