“London Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Milestone Hotel

You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #2 of 1,064 Hotels in London
New Orleans, Louisiana
“London Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Milestone Hotel was the perfect choice for my recent London vacation. The entire staff catered to our needs on a daily basis. There was fresh fruit waiting for me when I returned from my day of sightseeing. The hotel is beautiful, the staff goes above and beyond and the entire experience was more than excellent. I highly recommend this hotel for your next trip to London.

Room Tip: All the rooms are different and charming in their own way.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was really please that you enjoyed the service and that you also liked the surroundings and facilities in the hotel. I have passed on your kind words to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back once again in the near future.
My kindest regards,
Andrew Pike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I booked this princess afternoon tea special treat for my daughter via email and this was confirmed promptly. We were greeted courteously at the main door and shown into a delightful elegant room. They made my daughter feel like a real princess and they even served her a cupcake with candle on a decorated plate with 'Happy Birthday' with a piano playing the birthday tune in the background. It was absolutely wonderful. If you let The Hotel know in advance, the princesses can also decorate a cupcake, which was a lovely touch also. I have been to the Ritz and although on a smaller scale, the staff here were equally as professional and attentive. Thank you to all the staff at the Milestone Hotel for making our birthday girl and trip to London extra special.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I was absolutely delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your afternoon tea at The Milestone Hotel. I was also pleased that we met the expectations of you and your Daughter on her special day and that you felt at home in the hotel. Please do come again to visit us soon.
Many thanks,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

great hotel very nice room great service cannot find anything wrong about it really worth it to go there!! very nice location and place where you willspend great time relax and staff is extremly nice higlhy recommended

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Many thanks for your kind words following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope that you will visit us again soon.
Kind regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I arrived at The Milestone hotel, after a long walk from South Kensington. I underestimated the walk and I was left feeling quite out of breath. As soon as I arrived at The Milestone, I was greeted by the doorman, and then upon arrival into the reception I was promptly shown into the park lounge. I was seated in a beautiful position, in front of a large painting, which I have tried to capture in the photo I have taken. The décor is honestly what dreams are made of, I honestly cannot fault it.

The Milestone is a member of The Red Carnation group, and I have had afternoon at The Egerton House hotel before which again was lovely, so there is something The Red Carnation group are doing that others are simply missing! Unfortunately I have forgotten all names of the servers, but I could not fault them. The waiter explained the menu to me, I then decided on the Champagne tea, and the champagne was brought out promptly. Firstly the sandwiches and patisseries (shown by the photo) were brought out first, along with the tea. After I was finished with the sandwiches, the scones were then brought out.

I honestly cannot fault the service; nothing was too much hassle for the staff! Every need was seen to, and my tea was topped up as soon as I asked. The bill was around about £50, and what I love about afternoon tea is it gives you a glimpse into some of the finest hotels in the world, without actually staying at the hotel at a higher expense.

The toilet facilities were also beautifully furnished, with hand towels, and handwashes and body lotions. The hotel is in a prime Kensington location, a stone’s throw from the Royal Albert Hall, and within walking distance to South Kensington.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I was delighted that you enjoyed your recent Afternoon Tea at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and have passed on your kind words to all of the food and beverage team in the hotel. I was also really pleased that you found all of our facilities to your liking. Please do visit us again soon.
Kind regards,
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is like staying in a wonderful manor home. The staff is exceptionally warm, courteous and helpful. The location, across from Kensington Gardens, is an oasis in the city of London. Our room faced the Gardens and had a small lower level with a lounge and a second television. The bathroom was good size with a great shower head in the tub/shower combination. The High Street Kensington tube station was within easy walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was really glad that you enjoyed our genuine hospitality and the location and facilities of the hotel. Myself and all of the team look forward to welcoming you back once again in the near furture.
Many thanks,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

i ve stayed in five stars hotel all over the world, and this is in the top 2, everything was just simply fantastic. They did everything to make my stay (with my family) unforgettable. i will stay there again any day

Room Tip: the regency suit
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we have come in your top 2 hotels of all time. We always try our hardest to meet our guests high expectations and was really pleased to read that we have acheived this. I have passed on our kind words to my brilliant team at the hotel and hope to get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.
My best wishes,
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Just returned from a week at The Milestone Hotel in London. What a fabulous place to stay. I felt like I was staying at a private manor, instead of a commercial hotel. It was lovely, and the staff was so polite and accommodating that I felt like I was an important diplomat waiting to meet the Queen. It was a perfect visit to London. I loved the location of the hotel, across the street from Kensington Gardens, and walking distance to Harrods, shopping and some great restaurants. Cabs were super easy to find, and the hotel food was actually one of the best places to eat in town. I would highly recommend staying at The Milestone Hotel. I usually stay at the Four Seasons in each city I visit, as I love being comfortable. The Milestone is quite comparable to it in service and comfort. I loved feeling like I was staying in a private residence, instead of a large hotel chain. It had all the comforts of a large 5 star chain, and none of the crowd. It was pretty perfect! 5 out of 5 stars!!!!!

Room Tip: I didn't see all of the rooms, but the manager politely gave us a tour of the hotel, which used...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your kind words following your recent stay at The milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you felt at home in our beautiful hotel and enjoyed all of the facilities and service we provided you with. Please do come and stay with us again soon.
My kindest regards,
Andrew Pike

Been to The Milestone Hotel? Share your experiences!