“great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Milestone Hotel

You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #2 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Houston, Texas
“great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

i ve stayed in five stars hotel all over the world, and this is in the top 2, everything was just simply fantastic. They did everything to make my stay (with my family) unforgettable. i will stay there again any day

Room Tip: the regency suit
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we have come in your top 2 hotels of all time. We always try our hardest to meet our guests high expectations and was really pleased to read that we have acheived this. I have passed on our kind words to my brilliant team at the hotel and hope to get the chance to welcome you back again in the near future.
My best wishes,
Andrew Pike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Just returned from a week at The Milestone Hotel in London. What a fabulous place to stay. I felt like I was staying at a private manor, instead of a commercial hotel. It was lovely, and the staff was so polite and accommodating that I felt like I was an important diplomat waiting to meet the Queen. It was a perfect visit to London. I loved the location of the hotel, across the street from Kensington Gardens, and walking distance to Harrods, shopping and some great restaurants. Cabs were super easy to find, and the hotel food was actually one of the best places to eat in town. I would highly recommend staying at The Milestone Hotel. I usually stay at the Four Seasons in each city I visit, as I love being comfortable. The Milestone is quite comparable to it in service and comfort. I loved feeling like I was staying in a private residence, instead of a large hotel chain. It had all the comforts of a large 5 star chain, and none of the crowd. It was pretty perfect! 5 out of 5 stars!!!!!

Room Tip: I didn't see all of the rooms, but the manager politely gave us a tour of the hotel, which used...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your kind words following your recent stay at The milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you felt at home in our beautiful hotel and enjoyed all of the facilities and service we provided you with. Please do come and stay with us again soon.
My kindest regards,
Stoneham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed here 11-20 May in room 502. No doubt about it, everyone was exceptionally warm and informative but when I had to call maintenance about the lack of hot water the explanation was unacceptable for any hotel in this category. The technician told me the boiler was six floors below and that I should run it for ten minutes before using. Can you imagine the wasted water? They should have a booster DHW tank every two floors - especially considering its a hotel for goodness sakes. My room was so tiny they had doll house chairs - they were actually unsuitable to sit in for any adult by anyones standard. I've traveled the world and never have I seen such insultingly tiny chairs.When the bed was turned down for the night there was really no clear floor space distance without stumbling into those ridiculous tiny blue upholstered chairs. I had to do most of my computer work from the lobby library - fine but the same room was used for afternoon tea starting about 14:00 every day. As far as the food was concerned I only experienced the afternoon tea several times. After many experiences with London afternoon teas in various venues I can say nothing exceptional. The obligatory finger sandwiches: salmon, ham,
watercress and chicken salad were served on a three tier tree with the standard confections of the day. Certainly not noteworthy in any way, but the library itself is indeed quite nice. Kensington Gardens - across the street is my favorite walk to escape the hustle and bustle of London. One can walk for hours, stretch out on the grass for a picnic or watch the pick-up games of rugby, soccer, cricket, tennis and so on. Its graced by impressive monuments and well cared for. Taxis from Milestone to Harrods runs GBP 13 (+-) and to west end theaters GBP 16-20(+-) but frequent traffic jams because all the theaters there open at 19:00. Very few cabs accept cc's - bring plenty of GBP 1 coins to preventing off load delays making change since the smallest note is a 5'er. Back to the Milestone - please note they only affiliate with Virgin Atlantic and VA won't let you use miles on Virgin America making this useless for most all Americans. I was mislead by the staff on that when I presented my UA mileage plus card and they accepted it without telling me the truth.

Room Tip: Only the front facing rooms face the park. For better hot water on demand stick to lower floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the opportunity to share your review of your recent stay at the Milestone. I am pleased to note that you found my team to be exceptionally warm and informative and that you enjoyed our location which really works so well with London’s largest green space directly opposite but I am hugely concerned and disappointed that you did not have the overall experience of the Milestone that we are proud to provide the many guests who choose to stay with us.

I am genuinely sorry that you experienced a delay with your hot water. The hot water system at the Milestone should most definitely be able to deliver more than sufficient hot water to every room of the hotel regardless of which floor it is on and this is really not something that we receive such comments on as a rule. We most certainly should have been able to remedy this to your satisfaction and if there was any doubt we should have offered you an alternative room with minimal inconvenience. Each and every one of our rooms is individually decorated with bespoke furniture and original artwork. We try hard to match the perfect room to each guest and having now gleaned a clear understanding of your own preferences I’m quite sure that we could find a room that you would be very comfortable with.

I have noted your preference for a park facing room, interestingly we have a number of regular guests that prefer to be facing Kensington Court but we will always do our utmost to get this right once we know the preference. We do work hard to deliver a quality Afternoon Tea with every item made in our kitchens and reflective of the changing seasons so I’m sorry to note that you found it unexceptional.

Not being part of a huge hotel chain we are not sadly able to influence the decision regarding Virgin America air miles and I am confident that there was no intention to mis-lead you here. I do appreciate that this is an important factor for your decision of where to stay.

I really do hope that you will consider trying again as I am very confident that we can provide you with the same experience and level of comfort that a majority of our guests are very willing to attest to.

Kind regards

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The Milestone is one of the best hotels to stay at in London.
The services were excellent.
Breakfast was delicious and a traveler feels like it is their home when staying there.
We would definitely go back

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
I was really pleased to read your feedback following your receny stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was really glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and service including the great breakfast we serve. I was delighted we met your expectations and that you felt the hotel was your "home from home". Please do come and visit us again soon.
Kind regards,
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our 2nd visit this year to The a Milestone. The romantic turndown was very special with champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries. Thanks to all the staff at this wonderful hotel for yet again making our stay so lovely.

Room Tip: We like the Ballet Room, overlooking Kensington Gardens and the Palace - wonderful.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
I was really happy to read that , once again, we managed to meet your expectations following your recent romantic break with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was pleased to read that you liked the romantic turndown we provided along with the chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne. We look forward to welcoming you back, once again, in the near future.
Kind regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here for one night at the end of a London/Paris trip before we flew out of Heathrow the next day. My husband and I are 30 and I wanted to splurge on the last night of our trip. This is a traditional, mature hotel that I would probably recommend for an older crowd. Upon our arrival, we booked afternoon tea for that afternoon, which we loved. The food was delicious, especially the scones, and we had a great time. That evening we walked through Kensington Gardens, right across the street. The staff was great and we arranged for coffee in our room with the wake-up call early the next morning. They also helped us figure out the most economical way to get to the aiport since we did not want to take a private car (we love quality public transportation). The only downside was we had planned the times perfectly to get to the airport on time in the morning, but when we went to check out, we had to wait about 15 minutes for a receptionist to arrive and check us out. Otherwise, we had a fantastic experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and apologies for your issues at check out. These are being looked in to as I write this message to you. I was really glad you got to try our fantastic homemade scones also. Please do come back and visit us again which I hope will be soon.
With renewed thanks,
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We arrived a bit early on Sunday but the room was ready. We were offered a tour of the facilities and learned all we needed to know. It really is like being in someone's home.

#202 King was a good room on the back side, so quiet.

After freshening up a bit we went down to the Stables Bar to have our complimentary drink. Listen all you dopes, obviously we paid 510 per night and a free drink doesn't matter, but it does. It started a really valuable relationship with the lads at the bar. I'm horrible at names, they were from Italy. They listened to what we liked and made some amazing suggestions. We arrived one day when the lads weren't there and the other bartender knew our names and what we wanted. Order the mixed sandwiches, really good. And they have Twiglets for bar snacks.

There is nothing you can't ask for here. Don't worry about any postcards..they have it covered.

I received a lovely little manicure kit as a gift when I left. The rain shower was amazing, no trouble with consistent hot water. Mini-bar was good, but expensive. I found a place to buy a cheaper vodka and just used the juices. We continued to receive tasty gift treats in the room all the time.

So the location!! Across the street Kensington Gardens. Every afternoon I went across and sat on a bench and read.

Wake up calls came with coffee or tea. We didn't go to breakfast until the last day. So stupid. We didn't realize it came with the room. It was very tasty.

We did have dinner one night at the hotel, UGH. There were very loud folks and since it is a very small room, it was uncomfortable. I wanted to leave, but the older man who helped us made it an OK experience. We were just too tired to leave the hotel. The food was good. I had Sole and my friend had the Chicken Pie. So good. I thought the olive oil was so darn good, come to find out something about the owner, all I know is it was delicious and they had 3 salts to choose from with little spoons.

I would come back here in a heartbeat.

Oh and yes, they have Fox TV and the quickest and easiest internet I have ever encountered. We had lap taps, tablets, etc., I never had to re-up at 3am like most hotels. Great!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your detailed feedback following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was really pleased that you enjoyed the room facilities and have especially sent your comments to our unsung heroes in our I.T department. We have recently upgraded our wireless internet service in the hotel and it was great to read that rated this service very highly. I was also really pleased that you enjoyed our food and bevearge service and the overall service you received. I have passed on your kind words to the great team here at the hotel and I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.
My best wishes,
Andrew Pike

Been to The Milestone Hotel? Share your experiences!