“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Milestone Hotel

You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #3 of 1,066 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Loved my stay at this hotel, everything was to an extremely high standard and I can't wait to make my next booking. The rooms are just perfect and although I was in and out on business throughout my stay I couldn't wait to get back each time i left.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Many thanks for posting your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we met your expectations and that you cannot wait to come back and see us soon. We look forward to ensuring you have another great stay.
Andrew Pike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I just stayed at the Milestone for the first time. It was an incredible experience from the moment we checked in. The staff is exceptional, and our stay couldn't have been better. This is a special place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I was delighted to read your positive feedback following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was so happy to read your kind words and that you really did enjoy the great service and facilities we are all so proud of. Please do come back and see us again soon.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is by far one of the best small hotels that we have ever visited. From the moment you check-in you are treated as a special guest. We were given a tour of the facilities, taken to the room and shortly thereafter a welcome drink arrived. A fruit platter was already in the room and all items requested prior to arrival (i.e.a pants press) were waiting. We were on the breakfast plan and the selections left nothing to be desired. We took advantage of the dinner option for each two nights of your stay and were allowed to utilize a credit of 25 pounds per person off the regular menu instead of using the fixed menu. The food was fabulous! Now a few words about the staff. There is nothing that you want that they cannot handle. From the front desk through the concierge, maitre'd and wait staff the professionalism is outstanding. It truly is a Leading Small Hotel of the World. We will certainly seek out a Red Carnation property on our next trip.

Room Tip: Upper floors towards the back as the street is busy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your lovely feedback following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I am so happy that my fantastic team ensured we met your expectations. I have already passed on your kind words to them. Please do come back and see us again soon.
My kindest regards
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was our third stay at the Milestone this year - following a recommendation by a friend when we were going to an event at the Royal Albert Hall in March. We no longer wait for an excuse to stay here, such as going to an event in London - staying at the Milestone is an event in itself. There are so many things to praise at this hotel that it's difficult to know where to start. The rooms are beautifully decorated and furnished, as well as being so comfortable you don't want to leave them. The breakfast is freshly cooked to order (my husband hates buffets) and most definitely worth the short wait. Bathrooms have everything you could possibly want, including loads of unbelievably fluffy, soft towels, high quality Penhaligon toiletries and the best make up/shaving mirror I have ever seen - one of these days I will remember to ask the make. The turn down service makes the room even more inviting and the beds are so comfortable, with bed linen that is so good I never want to get up. However, the really huge difference at the Milestone is the staff. It's like coming to stay with old friends who are so happy to welcome you back and somehow remember every little quirk and preference you have ever mentioned to them. They just can't do enough to make your stay the perfect experience - carry the bags, park the car, show you to your room, give directions to anywhere in London, not to mention offering a welcome glass of champagne (or cup of tea or coffee if you prefer). As you may have realised - I can't wait to go back and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: They are all beautiful.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I was so happy to read your kind feedback following your recnet stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. Firstly I have passed on your very kind words to my team this morning. Secondly I was so glad to read your kind words and that we met all of your expectations. I do hope that you will be able to come back to the hotel in the near future so we can once again ensure you have a wonderful stay with us.
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We asked for rooms on an upper floor and away from "the lift." Our rooms were well-appointed and very quiet- we slept soundly every night. The hotel demonstrated a keen attention to detail in every respect. From the friendly greetings of the staff each morning, to the treats placed on our beds at night, we always felt welcome. The hotel itself is beautiful and historic, and has a lovely view of Kensington Gardens.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our service, facilities and most importantly the smaller details that set us apart from other hotels. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again in the near future.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Milestone Hotel is excellent in providing warm service and comfortable surrounds, leaving you wishing it was your home away from home. It feels distinctively British throughout the hotel, which is appropriate when you're staying in the heart of London.

Being centrally located, you get the best of everything during your stay. Step out and look ahead to see the impressive Kensington Gardens, look to the left to find shops accompanied by the hustle and bustle, and look to the right to spot the quieter part of town. It's a good area, and you will feel at ease walking around it.

You might notice a few complaints here about the size of the rooms, but we felt it was adequate given the context of staying in a heritage building in the city. After all, you wouldn't complain about tight spaces if you were flying business class. The room itself was impeccable, and we were especially pleased with the housekeeping side of it. They took care of our room like it was their own, and were very friendly.

We added the 'get more from your stay' package to our accommodation which included breakfast and a complimentary 3-course dinner at their restaurant Cheneston's. It was well worth it. The food was fantastic, and the range of choice on the a la carte breakfast menu made sure we always made it to breakfast.

There's an emphasis on detail here, and you see it in little things like the weather forecast being placed at your bedside or how your toast is presented on a neat little tray. This level of service is rarely seen in 5-star establishments.

In the huge 5-star arena, not many hotels can boast such a display of heritage, personalized service and attention to detail. The Milestone Hotel is an exceptional boutique hotel, and also a great beacon of English heritage.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that all aspects of your stay met your expectations. I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team at the hotel who I am sure appreciate your feedback.
many thanks
Coto de Caza, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

From the moment you arrive you know you are someplace special. The entire staff is kind, efficient, knowledgeable and have impeccable manners. Afternoon tea in the library is a real treat as is a classic cocktail served in the intimate equestrian-themed bar. Rooms and suites are beautifully decorated and beautifully appointed. We stay here whenever in London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I was so happy to read your very kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we, once again, met your expectations especially with our fantastic Afternoon Tea and the facilities we offer. It is this service that also makes The Milestone one of the best hotels and the team I have that deliver it. I have passed on your comments to them already. I hope that you will come and stay with us once again in the near future.
My best regards,
Andrew Pike

Been to The Milestone Hotel? Share your experiences!