“An Absolutely Outstanding Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Milestone Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3
Ranked #3 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Melbourne, Australia
“An Absolutely Outstanding Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

A truly memorable stay in a hotel that thoroughly deserves its No. 1 Trip Advisor ranking. From arrival to departure the experience was unmatched. The historic charm of the hotel and its great location overlooking Kensington Gardens were complemented by service levels and staff who went out of their way to make our stay the highlight of a 3 month trip through Europe. We couldn't recommend this hotel more highly!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Milestone_Deputy_GM, Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your lovely comments about your stay here at The Milestone. My team thoroughly enjoy reading the praise they received for their passionate and enthusiastic service.

We hope this was not your last Milestone experience and look forward to your return.

Geoffrey Wild
Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I recently spent a week in London and enthusiastically recommend the Milestone. We booked the hotel at the recommendation of friends because they offer two adjoining rooms that can be configured with one entry door providing separate space for families traveling with children. This set-up worked well for us.

While the rooms were not large and the hotel itself is not terribly large this only added to the charm and intimate feel. The hotel is approximately 125 years old and has been very tastefully renovated. It has modern amenities while staying true to its architectural style and decorations. The beds were comfortable. The showers hot and relaxing (for London) and you could make the room any temperature necessary. The towels and linens were great and the room had everything one needed.

The location worked well for us too. It is in Kensington at the southwestern edge of Hyde Park. It is right across the park and the views were great. It is close to many excellent restaurants and not far from Central London.

The service is what really sets this hotel apart. After a week we knew many of the staff members and they knew us by name and even our preferences and schedule. I have been to London many times and stayed at a variety of hotels ranging from global chains to some of London's old luxury hotels. Many, if not most times, the service in London borders on obsequious without providing any real service. Lots of Sirs and Ma'ams but no one is really interested in attending to your needs. This is not the case at the Milestone. Room service or any request was promptly addressed. We arrived straight from Healthrow without a stop at the bank for pounds and they immediately took care of the cab and added it to our bill. We arrived early in the day and our rooms were cleaned first so we might have a chance to unpack and shower after a long flight.

This is where we will stay on our next trip to London without question.

Room Tip: Families should ask for the adjoining family rooms. It is priced as two separate rooms but you can...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Milestone Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the service of our team so much. Every luxury hotel in London will provide you with a good bed, soft linen and branded toiletries however as you mentioned it is the service that sets us apart. Our team’s passion shines through in their service delivery, and it is purely through their hard work and efforts that we maintain such a favourable position on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your connecting rooms so much, next time try one of our two bedroom apartments, they offer fantastic value for money for Families.

I sincerely hope we will be seeing you again soon.

Geoffrey Wild
Deputy General Manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the Milestone largely because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor. It definitely lived up to the expectations. I was greeted by one of the bellman (believe his name was Fran) as soon as I stepped out of the cab, he walked me to the front desk where I checked in. He then gave me a quick tour of the hotel and then showed me to my room. My hotel room (believe it was called the Matisse Studio), was very well appointed.

I would definitely recommend having drinks in the lounge at some point. The bartender, Dickson, does a great job. Both his drinks and his conversation were excellent.

The food was superb. I had dinner there one day with a friend from London. We were a little nervous because we were the only people in the restaurant (it was a Sunday night), but both of us loved our meals.

I had breakfast the day I left. It was a great buffet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I was delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was very happy that we met your expectations and that you liked the service you received especially from Dixon and Fran. I have passed on your kind words to them and the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to us in the near future.
My kindest regards
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Hotel is an old English building that has been renovated. You can have afternoon tea in one of the salons and seat there to talk. Amazing value extremely cosy place. Its my best afternoon tea place in London. There is also beautiful cocktail bar. Location is convenient in the center of London and in front of Kensington parl / palace. It is easy to find place to park vehicle nearby and bus to go to Piccadilly. Excellent staff and service. If you are a person that does not like something private, this is the place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your Afternoon Tea at The Milestone Hotel. I was so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. The Afternoon Tea we serve is brilliant and I do hope that you get the chance to come and enjoy it again soon. I have passed on your review to my great food and beverage team at the hotel.
Many thanks
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was our first time at The Milestone but it certainly won't be our last. From the moment you walk up the steps you are treated like Royalty. The staff is professional and extremely helpful. Our room was quite large and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was amazing and I’ve never seen so many towels!!! Each time we walked thru the lobby we were asked if we needed anything before we had to ask. What terrific service. We thoroughly enjoyed the food & the intimate living room live with a piano player. We had theater tickets our first night so we needed to eat early. The hotel arranged for the chef to open the dining room early to accommodate our time schedule & our dinner was delicious and served in a timely manner so we were right on time for our show. Anyone staying in London and want the intimacy and elegance of a “boutique” hotel should definitely book their stay at The Milestone. It’s an experience you won’t soon forget.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
I was so happy that you took the time to leave such a great review following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted to read your feedback and glad that we met your expectations in all areas of our service and in the facilities we provide. As I always do, I have already passed on your kind words to my brilliant team. Please do come and see us again soon.
My best regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

we only stayed for one night for my husbands birthday and I can honestly say we have never been so well looked after and thoroughly spoilt.the staff are so friendly but not too familiar.they looked after us with genuine care.the breakfast was also lovely as was the birthday cake the bought up to our room as a surprise.we can't wait to go again,it will just take me another year to save up.thankyou milestone

Room Tip: all the rooms are amazing.we stayed in the harlequin sweet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for writting your kind words following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the birthday cake we arranged as a special treat for him. Please do come back and stay with us again soon. I have passed on your kind words to my great team here.
Many thanks
Darlinghurst, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was the finest hotel I'd ever stayed at. The building and rooms were magnificent, the position excellent, and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast dining room was particularly lovely and elegant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so happy to read that we met your expectations in all areas and I do hope that we get the chance to do that once again in the near future.
My kindest regards,
Andrew Pike

Been to The Milestone Hotel? Share your experiences!