“SImply Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Milestone Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast!
Ranked #3 of 1,073 hotels in London
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“SImply Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Spent Monday night at the Hotel celebrating my Anniversary. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are extremely comfortable and the food is fantastic. Even the room service at midnight was superb. Afternoon tea is superb. I would recommend this to anybody

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking time to leave your kind words following your anniversary stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was glad to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and please do come and see us once again so we can exceed your expections. I have passed on your kind words to the team.

1,017 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My family and I have stayed at this wonderful hotel opposite Kensington Palace and have always enjoyed our stay.The staff are always very friendly and always willing to help.

We have stayed in many of the individually designed rooms and have always been very happy.

The breakfast is always very fresh and has a good selection. We have had afternoon tea in many of the hotels in London and the Milestone takes a lot of beating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that once again we met yours and your families expectations. I have passed on your kind words to the team and please do come and see us again soon.
Many thanks
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at The Milestone for two evenings while in London on business. When I arrived from the States, as promised, my room was ready for me to freshen up. I had an unplanned business breakfast the next morning and the service was professional and very accommodating. I was greeted by name each time I entered and exited and my room had a fantastic view of the park. The exercise room was clean and had all of the equipment one would expect. Overall I had a wonderful experience and would highly recommend the hotel for any traveler who values the boutique experience.

Room Tip: Rooms with views of the park are superb
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for taking the time to leave this lovely feedback following your business trip stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that we met your expectations and we look forward to having the chance to look after you once again in the near future.
Kind regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and i spent 5 days at this remarkable boutique hotel in March.The experience was so wonderful,that we decided to come back in October,bringing our daughter and son in law with us. We felt pumpered, accomodated,and being taken care of , in any form.Cozy,beautiful,elegant with an emphasis on details in every area and aspect.Well furnished rooms,modern bathooms and very comfortable beds.Well train personnel,eager to assist you,exceptional breakfast with remarkable service,and night time piano as you enjoy your tea.7 minutes away,from the train station,and right across the street from Hide Park.The area is full of different restaurants, and we discovered a little jewel 1-2 blocks away (Cote Bistro),very busy place.Well,i can't wait to return and feel once more like a royal.Sylvester K

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words following your stay in March at The Milestone Hotel. I was so happy that you also go to try our amazing Afternoon Tea and that you will be joining us once again in October with your Daughter and Son-in-Law. I can assure you that the team will ensure that once again your every need is catered for. I have already passed on your glowing review on to my great team.
Kindest regards,
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Wonderfully elegant boutique hotel, located directly across from Kennsington Palace. This hotel really has it all to offer. Fantastic service, indoor pool, fitness center, great food and the most beautiful/comfy rooms. The staff was extrememly attentive, kinda felt like royalty myself! Enjoyed their famous Afternoon tea. The tea was lovely and the food was amazing! I also tried, dinner and breakfast. All very good and tasty. Overall the staffs goal was to see that I was pleased with my stay the whole time I was there and they definitely achieved that. If you like smaller/boutique hotels rather then a larger 5 star hotels, this is the place to stay while in London. Great location to shopping, the Underground, museums and Kennsington Palace.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Many thanks for taking the time to post your kind words following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you felt like "Royalty" and enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you also got the time to sample our fantastic Afternoon Tea in our Park Lounge. Please do come and stay with us once again in the near future.
Kind regards,
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I travel to Europe every year and we either fly into or out of London. We've stayed in quite a few nice hotels in London,but we must say that the Milestone is "over the top"! From the moment we walked in, everything was perfect---well not everything--the heat went out in our room the day before we left! But no problem! Stephanie, Alexa and Fran saw to it that we were moved to a beautiful suite for the time remaining. They packed up everything and placed it in the new room. We already had plans for dinner with friends that evening, but Stephanie insisted that we be treated to a beautiful appetizer tray and drinks in the bar beforehand! The entire staff was most hospitable and welcoming. Jose made reservations for us at a restaurant that we wanted to try but had not been successful. Everytime we went out or came in the doormen were there to greet us. Dickson, in the bar was very nice to converse with, and he makes a very good Martini! The delicious breakfast was served in a lovely,cozy room with a fireplace. All of the public rooms or lounges were beautifully decorated. The location is great--right across from Kensington Park and close to many other places of interest. There is a tube station close by, but we like to walk and it was an easy walk to the V&A, Knightsbridge,Sloane Square,Kings Road and Kensington Church St. There are lots of good little restaurants close by also. It was a wonderful experience from the moment we arrived until the time we departed. Our thanks to Neil, Michele and the entire staff for a memorable visit. We look forward to coming back soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Firstly thank you very much for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. As you can appreciate sometimes things do not go to plan and "acts of God" do occur for example the heating malfunction. However I was delighted that my team ensured that the issue was resolved with the utmost efficiency by moving your room without any further inconvenience to you. I have passed on your thanks to all the team here at the hotel and I was so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that you get the chance to stay with us once again in the near future.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The two of us spent a wonderful New Years holiday here. We gave the travel agent two requirements for a hotel for our four night stay in London--a proper bar and near a tube station. While the tube stop was near, it was closed for maintenance over the holiday. The bus stopped just down the block, so this was not an issue. The bar and the bartenders were warm and funny! We enjoyed our nightcaps each evening.

While those were our only two requirements, we got everything we could have imagined in our stay. We received an email in advance of our stay asking for our preferences on everything from our preferred drink on arrival--champagne and an English ale were poured while we checked in--to linen and music choices for the iPod! Without exception, every employee seemed to truly want to be of assistance. Rooms are huge by European standards. Great beds, quiet rooms. Afternoon tea was included in our Virtuoso package, and we enjoyed it immensely. Breakfast entrees were tasty.

Nice neighbourhood. We walked to Victoria and Albert, great restaurants (New Years Eve dinner at Whits was amazing), and to Jamie Oliver's cooking school in Nottingham. There is even a Whole Foods down the street if you are feeling homesick.

Unlike previous winter stays in European hotels, the Milestone has all new windows and is not in the least bit drafty! You will love the Milestone. Would definitely return. 10 out of 10 for our travel agent who suggested it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your New Year's break with us in London and thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was really please you enjoyed your stay with us and that your travel agent did a good job in recommending our hotel. I have passed on your kind words to my great team and I do hope you will join us again in the near future.
Andrew Pike

Been to The Milestone Hotel? Share your experiences!