“A special treat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Milestone Hotel

You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (South Kensington)   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #2 of 1,049 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“A special treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and i spent 5 days at this remarkable boutique hotel in March.The experience was so wonderful,that we decided to come back in October,bringing our daughter and son in law with us. We felt pumpered, accomodated,and being taken care of , in any form.Cozy,beautiful,elegant with an emphasis on details in every area and aspect.Well furnished rooms,modern bathooms and very comfortable beds.Well train personnel,eager to assist you,exceptional breakfast with remarkable service,and night time piano as you enjoy your tea.7 minutes away,from the train station,and right across the street from Hide Park.The area is full of different restaurants, and we discovered a little jewel 1-2 blocks away (Cote Bistro),very busy place.Well,i can't wait to return and feel once more like a royal.Sylvester K

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words following your stay in March at The Milestone Hotel. I was so happy that you also go to try our amazing Afternoon Tea and that you will be joining us once again in October with your Daughter and Son-in-Law. I can assure you that the team will ensure that once again your every need is catered for. I have already passed on your glowing review on to my great team.
Kindest regards,
Andrew Pike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Wonderfully elegant boutique hotel, located directly across from Kennsington Palace. This hotel really has it all to offer. Fantastic service, indoor pool, fitness center, great food and the most beautiful/comfy rooms. The staff was extrememly attentive, kinda felt like royalty myself! Enjoyed their famous Afternoon tea. The tea was lovely and the food was amazing! I also tried, dinner and breakfast. All very good and tasty. Overall the staffs goal was to see that I was pleased with my stay the whole time I was there and they definitely achieved that. If you like smaller/boutique hotels rather then a larger 5 star hotels, this is the place to stay while in London. Great location to shopping, the Underground, museums and Kennsington Palace.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Many thanks for taking the time to post your kind words following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you felt like "Royalty" and enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you also got the time to sample our fantastic Afternoon Tea in our Park Lounge. Please do come and stay with us once again in the near future.
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I travel to Europe every year and we either fly into or out of London. We've stayed in quite a few nice hotels in London,but we must say that the Milestone is "over the top"! From the moment we walked in, everything was perfect---well not everything--the heat went out in our room the day before we left! But no problem! Stephanie, Alexa and Fran saw to it that we were moved to a beautiful suite for the time remaining. They packed up everything and placed it in the new room. We already had plans for dinner with friends that evening, but Stephanie insisted that we be treated to a beautiful appetizer tray and drinks in the bar beforehand! The entire staff was most hospitable and welcoming. Jose made reservations for us at a restaurant that we wanted to try but had not been successful. Everytime we went out or came in the doormen were there to greet us. Dickson, in the bar was very nice to converse with, and he makes a very good Martini! The delicious breakfast was served in a lovely,cozy room with a fireplace. All of the public rooms or lounges were beautifully decorated. The location is great--right across from Kensington Park and close to many other places of interest. There is a tube station close by, but we like to walk and it was an easy walk to the V&A, Knightsbridge,Sloane Square,Kings Road and Kensington Church St. There are lots of good little restaurants close by also. It was a wonderful experience from the moment we arrived until the time we departed. Our thanks to Neil, Michele and the entire staff for a memorable visit. We look forward to coming back soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Firstly thank you very much for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay at The Milestone Hotel. As you can appreciate sometimes things do not go to plan and "acts of God" do occur for example the heating malfunction. However I was delighted that my team ensured that the issue was resolved with the utmost efficiency by moving your room without any further inconvenience to you. I have passed on your thanks to all the team here at the hotel and I was so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that you get the chance to stay with us once again in the near future.
My kindest regards,
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The two of us spent a wonderful New Years holiday here. We gave the travel agent two requirements for a hotel for our four night stay in London--a proper bar and near a tube station. While the tube stop was near, it was closed for maintenance over the holiday. The bus stopped just down the block, so this was not an issue. The bar and the bartenders were warm and funny! We enjoyed our nightcaps each evening.

While those were our only two requirements, we got everything we could have imagined in our stay. We received an email in advance of our stay asking for our preferences on everything from our preferred drink on arrival--champagne and an English ale were poured while we checked in--to linen and music choices for the iPod! Without exception, every employee seemed to truly want to be of assistance. Rooms are huge by European standards. Great beds, quiet rooms. Afternoon tea was included in our Virtuoso package, and we enjoyed it immensely. Breakfast entrees were tasty.

Nice neighbourhood. We walked to Victoria and Albert, great restaurants (New Years Eve dinner at Whits was amazing), and to Jamie Oliver's cooking school in Nottingham. There is even a Whole Foods down the street if you are feeling homesick.

Unlike previous winter stays in European hotels, the Milestone has all new windows and is not in the least bit drafty! You will love the Milestone. Would definitely return. 10 out of 10 for our travel agent who suggested it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your New Year's break with us in London and thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was really please you enjoyed your stay with us and that your travel agent did a good job in recommending our hotel. I have passed on your kind words to my great team and I do hope you will join us again in the near future.
My kindest regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

There is a joy to returning to a smallish, service oriented hotel. To be rememberd by those who were there the last time you were and within hours by the new additions brings a feeling fo being a person and not a number.Every wish is immediately met with- of course we can do that and then it is done.

Room Tip: Each room is unique and looking at several could be helpful. Some rooms have internal stairs and if...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review following you recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that once again we provided you with the personalised service we are famous for. I have, as I always do, passed on your kind words to the team. Please do come and stay with us once again on your next trip to London.
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

As a travel professional, I note every nuance of a hotel, from its service staff to ambiance to customer service. London is abundant with top-tier hotels but none of them rises as high as The Milestone does. I spent four nights/five days on this trip to London; I last stayed at The Milestone two years ago. Truly, I can't imagine "improving" this property. It's perfect. Located across the street from Kensington Palace and Gardens, The Milestone is in a non-touristy area. Close-by is a huge Whole Foods and an Underground station which also houses a large Marks & Spencer.
Staff goes out of its way to provide customized assistance .... the concierges went way beyond play tickets. They called sister properties and communicated with them to ensure we had tickets to the Pompeii/Herculaneum exhibition at the British Museum. The hotel's butler Pedro showed us several rooms to choose from before deciding on our sleeping accommodations. One stay at The Milestone and you understand its position as one of the world's great hotels as seen by the readers of Conde' Nast Traveler and Travel and Leisure. Count me among the hotel's most loyal fans. It deserves more than allotted number of stars.
Donna Manz,

Room Tip: Families might consider the "apartments" at The Milestone. Rates are competitive to stand...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I cannot thank you enough for your glowing review following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that you felt the team and the hotel exceeded your expectations in so many ways. I do hope that you get the chance to stay with us again in the near furture and I have passed on your kind words to the team.
Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've been remiss in not writing about my stay here. Visited our daughter in London while enroute to Europe on business. The Milestone, across from Hyde Park, was conveniently located to her quarters, making it a good choice based on location. Little did we know the treat that we were in for. The room was large with a great view of the park and all the amenities one would expect from a great hotel. It is the staff here, however, that help to distinguish this hotel from its competitors. We couldn't say enough about how friendly and helpful each and every staff member was. I've stayed at a lot of great hotels in London, but this is clearly my favorite.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the park, if possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Milestone Hotel. I was so pleased that you liked our hotel including the large rooms and the location opposite the park. I was also delighted that we met your expectations with the service we provided you with. Please do come and stay with us again soon so we can once again ensure you have a great stay with us.
Andrew Pike

Been to The Milestone Hotel? Share your experiences!