“It's the people who make it special” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Milestone Hotel

You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (South Kensington)   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #2 of 1,052 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington, DC
“It's the people who make it special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stay at the Milestone whenever we're in London. Having stayed at "cheaper" hotels in the Kensington area, we would walk by the Milestone and we'd always talk about "someday, we're going to stay there." We finally did and never looked back. The location of the hotel is perfect, close to restaurants of every type and price, just a couple of blocks from the High Street Kensington tube station, with shopping that ranges from food shops, higher-end chains to unique boutiques and antique shops. The staff at the Milestone are the secret to its perfection, always searching for ways to improve their service. Yes, it's a most charming, intimate hotel, very quiet, warm and inviting. The hotel offers rooms you won't find elsewhere in London, each unique, beautiful, comfortable and with amenities that always delight. To be greeted by Patricio, the doorman, is like being welcomed home by a member of the family. Neil, the front of house manager, Fran, the concierge experts, and the rest of the staff treat guests like old friends. Where else can you happen to be London over your birthday and be surprised, as I was, by the delivery of a birtday cake compliments of Fran and the staff?! There are less expensive, conventional hotels in London, and you should stay there if lack of service, crowds and noise don't bother you. For me and my wife, it will always be the Milestone, our "home" in London.

Room Tip: I can't recall a bad room at the Milestone; rooms on the front of the hotel have a sweeping view...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your kind words following your recent return stay at The Milestone Hotel. I have passed on your kind words to Neil and his team plus all the other staff in the hotel who always try their very hardest in delivering excellent service.
I was delighted that we met your expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Andrew Pike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Belmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The charm of the building is complemented by the competence and courtesy of the staff. We spent a week that was both enjoyable and provied many opportunities for appreciating the best of British hospitality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that youm enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our hospitality and service. I really do hope that you can join us once again in the near future.
Kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at The Milestone Hotel just for one night. And i was very impressed. I have been working in luxury hotels for many years and generally know what to expect, but The Milestone Hotel absolutely exceeded my expectations.
First just when you walk in to the hotel, it seems you have entered a peaceful oasis, it was the first wow factor. It does not feel At all that the hotel is located on one of the busiest west London streets! I like small, intimate boutique hotels and Milestone thicks all boxes.
I stayed in one of the studio suites with a stunning view over Kensington Gardens! Room was beautifully decorated, i especially liked the bathroom. It was good size and absolute luxury.
All in all can' t say enough about this amazing hotel they deserve to be Nr.1 on Tripadvisor!

• Stayed February 2012
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to post these kind words following your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and the service we provide. So to hear the comments of a guest who is also in the hotel business means so much to myself and the team. I do hope that you get the chance to stay with us again in the near future.
My best regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was delighted to see The Milestone's recent inclusion in Tripadvisor's top 25 hotels in the world. From our experience, this beautiful boutique hotel deserves all the accolades it is getting. My husband and I, and two small dogs, stayed at the Milestone in September during our relocation to London. We were charmed from the outset, and every aspect of the hotel -- the cozy, comfortable bar, the gracious reception and dining rooms, the attentive service, and signature room details, only enhanced our sense of being "home." Since then, we've stayed at two other Red Carnation properties, the Summer Lodge, and the Old Government House on Guernsey: both are superb. Not many hotels make you feel this at ease, and eager to return, as the Milestone does.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I was absolutely thrilled to read your feedback following your stay with us and also thank you for taking the time to do this. I was so happy that we contributed to you all comfortably settling in London. I have passed on your kind words to all the team here and please do come and see us soon. I was also happy to read that you visited our fantastic sister properties and they too met your expectations.
Newtown, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here a couple of years ago for a few days.It was a lovely hotel,nice and small and friendly.
Very expensive though.It was in a nice spot near the park.the service could not be faulted,but the room was very small with not a good outlook.

Room Tip: Our room was very small and crowded but I am sure they have larger ones we did not bother to change...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
I was delighted that you enjoyed the service we provided you with but was not happy to read that you found our rooms small. We are only a 62 room hotel however we pride ourselves on being able to provide a product that suits all tastes as every room in the hotel is different. If you do come back to London in the future please feel free to contact me personally and I will ensure we allocate a room that meets your expectations. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to us.
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

The Milestone has
no tolerance making ANY errors. They have excellent service and very friendly reception. Food and wine together with breakfast and don't forget the bar - high class!
But nothing compared with the beds!! You will never get out of it lit's a lovely sleeping!

• Stayed November 2012
Firstly many thanks for your kind comments. I was so happy that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay with us especially our fantasic and comfortable beds !! Nothing beats a good nights sleep !! I have passed on your kind words to our Reception, Food and Beverage teams plus all the other members of the team. I hope you will join us again soon.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Milestone is the perfect blend of old English atmosphere with the modern amenities. The staff makes you experience truly great service.
Visited the promenade for afternoon tea, which was a real treat. The best afternoon tea ever.
If your looking for 100% service then this is the place. Luxurious furnishings and attentive staff make a weekend stay feel unforgettable.
The rooms are so comfortable and the hotel smells of fresh flowers with the hint of polished wood.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Many thanks for taking the time to post your very kind words. I was really pleased that you tried our afternoon tea and most importantly enjoyed it along with all our other services that we offer. I was very happy that we met your expecations and have passed on your kind words to the team who make this all happen. I do hope that you can stay with us once again in the near future.
Kind regards,