“Favorite Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Milestone Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Special Offer
Breakfast Inclusive
Ranked #2 of 1,069 hotels in London
Belmont
“Favorite Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The charm of the building is complemented by the competence and courtesy of the staff. We spent a week that was both enjoyable and provied many opportunities for appreciating the best of British hospitality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments following your stay at The Milestone Hotel. I was delighted that youm enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our hospitality and service. I really do hope that you can join us once again in the near future.
Kind regards,

950 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed at The Milestone Hotel just for one night. And i was very impressed. I have been working in luxury hotels for many years and generally know what to expect, but The Milestone Hotel absolutely exceeded my expectations.
First just when you walk in to the hotel, it seems you have entered a peaceful oasis, it was the first wow factor. It does not feel At all that the hotel is located on one of the busiest west London streets! I like small, intimate boutique hotels and Milestone thicks all boxes.
I stayed in one of the studio suites with a stunning view over Kensington Gardens! Room was beautifully decorated, i especially liked the bathroom. It was good size and absolute luxury.
All in all can' t say enough about this amazing hotel they deserve to be Nr.1 on Tripadvisor!

• Stayed February 2012
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Firstly thank you so much for taking the time to post these kind words following your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and the service we provide. So to hear the comments of a guest who is also in the hotel business means so much to myself and the team. I do hope that you get the chance to stay with us again in the near future.
My best regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was delighted to see The Milestone's recent inclusion in Tripadvisor's top 25 hotels in the world. From our experience, this beautiful boutique hotel deserves all the accolades it is getting. My husband and I, and two small dogs, stayed at the Milestone in September during our relocation to London. We were charmed from the outset, and every aspect of the hotel -- the cozy, comfortable bar, the gracious reception and dining rooms, the attentive service, and signature room details, only enhanced our sense of being "home." Since then, we've stayed at two other Red Carnation properties, the Summer Lodge, and the Old Government House on Guernsey: both are superb. Not many hotels make you feel this at ease, and eager to return, as the Milestone does.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I was absolutely thrilled to read your feedback following your stay with us and also thank you for taking the time to do this. I was so happy that we contributed to you all comfortably settling in London. I have passed on your kind words to all the team here and please do come and see us soon. I was also happy to read that you visited our fantastic sister properties and they too met your expectations.
Newtown, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here a couple of years ago for a few days.It was a lovely hotel,nice and small and friendly.
Very expensive though.It was in a nice spot near the park.the service could not be faulted,but the room was very small with not a good outlook.

Room Tip: Our room was very small and crowded but I am sure they have larger ones we did not bother to change...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
I was delighted that you enjoyed the service we provided you with but was not happy to read that you found our rooms small. We are only a 62 room hotel however we pride ourselves on being able to provide a product that suits all tastes as every room in the hotel is different. If you do come back to London in the future please feel free to contact me personally and I will ensure we allocate a room that meets your expectations. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to us.
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

The Milestone has
no tolerance making ANY errors. They have excellent service and very friendly reception. Food and wine together with breakfast and don't forget the bar - high class!
But nothing compared with the beds!! You will never get out of it lit's a lovely sleeping!

• Stayed November 2012
Firstly many thanks for your kind comments. I was so happy that you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay with us especially our fantasic and comfortable beds !! Nothing beats a good nights sleep !! I have passed on your kind words to our Reception, Food and Beverage teams plus all the other members of the team. I hope you will join us again soon.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Milestone is the perfect blend of old English atmosphere with the modern amenities. The staff makes you experience truly great service.
Visited the promenade for afternoon tea, which was a real treat. The best afternoon tea ever.
If your looking for 100% service then this is the place. Luxurious furnishings and attentive staff make a weekend stay feel unforgettable.
The rooms are so comfortable and the hotel smells of fresh flowers with the hint of polished wood.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Many thanks for taking the time to post your very kind words. I was really pleased that you tried our afternoon tea and most importantly enjoyed it along with all our other services that we offer. I was very happy that we met your expecations and have passed on your kind words to the team who make this all happen. I do hope that you can stay with us once again in the near future.
Kind regards,
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Milestone Hotel is a little gem in Kensington, service is warm and personal, public areas are full of character and charm (specially the polo bar and the afternoon tea living room); and rooms are adequate.

Location is great right on Kensington Court and in front of kensington palace and gardens.

Our stay was full of nice little details from the staff, they make you feel at home and tend to your every need with a smile. would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants great attention to detail.

My only complaint is the service at the restaurant, for breakfast we had a couple of bad experiences with extremely slow service as well as the waiters giving tables to other guests that had come in after we were already waiting for a table of the same size. We finally gave up and started having breakfast at a couple of nice cozy cafes not far away. We also had a special dinner served in a private salon and it was a disaster, food took forever and half the dishes were cold by the time they were served, additionally the taste was nothing to brag about.

Long story short, if you stay at the Milestone you will fall in love with the place as long as you do not use their dine-in facilities.

Room Tip: all rooms are different, we were a family group with 6 rooms and all were nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback following your stay with us last November.
I'm was pleased to read that you found our service to be warm and friendly as this together with our attention to detail are the cornerstones of our service philosophy.
I note that you also enjoyed our location and the quality and feel of the hotel, in particular I note our Public Areas.
I am most concerned to read of your disappointments with our breakfast service as we do recognise that this is the most important meal of the day for our guests. We are very much used to looking after families and recognise that the needs of a family in terms of dining together are very specific. I also note that you had a similar experience when having dinner with us on another occasion. Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not tick these important boxes for you on this occasion and rest assured that this is something that we do take very seriously and we will ensure that any corrective action is duly taken. Enjoying our unique dining areas whilst staying at the Milestone is very much part of the overall experience so we will continue to work hard at this and I very much hope that we woud be able to persuade you to try this important area of our service should you decide to come and stay with us on a future occasion.
Kind regards and many thanks once again for your invaluable feedback.
Andrew Pike, General Manager, Milestone Hotel

Been to The Milestone Hotel? Share your experiences!