“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Milestone Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Special Offer
4 nights for 3!
Ranked #3 of 1,075 hotels in London
New York, New York, United States
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here over the Thanksgioving weekend in 2011 and enjoyd every aspect of the experience. The bar downstairs is a particular highlight for pre and post dinner drinks with a great bar staff and plenty of interesting nooks and cranies to hang out in. Great location for most London based activities without being in the mist of the downtown bustle. We will return the next time I visit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Many thanks for your kind words. I was so glad that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving stay with us. I was also pleased that you found our great "Stables" bar to your liking. As you mentioned the location of the hotel is perfect;y set away from the hustle and bustle of London but it is still only a stones throw away from it. I do hope that you will come and stay with us again in the near future.
My kindest regards,

1,003 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I and a friend stayed for 10 days in a two bedroom apartment at The Milestone in November/December. We enjoy the 'good things in life', but this far surpassed that.
From the wonderful driver who picked us up at the airport, the several pleasant and friendly doormen, the happy and cheerful concierges, to Fran, the butler, who gave new meaning to the well deserved word 'awesome', an overused word which I would normally try to avoid at all costs - they made our stay a memorable one which probably won't be repeated again soon.

The apartment was resplendent with beautiful furniture, opulent draperies and bedding, beautiful bath amenities, well appointed kitchen - well, I could go on and on.
Coming home in the evenings after a full day of enjoying London, the fireplace was a welcome addition to the beautiful living/dining room, and of course the little treats by the bedside, slippers by the bed, and candles in the bath just added to our feeling like royalty.
Oh, I mustn't forget the personalized business cards on the desk. What a nice touch!

The breakfasts were a delight and catered to all tastes and appetites. The several times we had room service, champagne accompanied the breakfast - a nice start to the day!!

There is nothing about the Milestone Hotel that we could fault. We heartily recommend it.
Thank you to all the staff who made us feel so very welcome.

Room Tip: I can't imagine any of the rooms/apartments not being first class.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind words. I was so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us in our fantastic apartments. We certainly do have a fantastic Butler in Fran and a brilliant Concierge desk along with a great Housekeeping and Food and Beverage team. I was delighted that we met your expecatations and I do hope that you will join us once again in the near furture.
St. Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great place to visit over weekend break.
Nice relaxing place, great comfortable rooms and friendly staff.
Children were very happy and feel that they are very welcome by staff who was very friendly and accomodated.
Enjoyed! thank you

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed in one of the apartments over Christmas and also enjoyed lovely breakfasts each morning, the Christmas dinner, and a tea. All were wonderful! Our family loved the space and convenience, plus it was only 5 minutes walk to the Tube and Whole foods. Many nice restaurants in walking distance, and the staff was superb at giving suggestions on where to go and eat. We avoid the tourist traps at all costs. Our apartment was so clean and comfortable, and the beds felt so good after a day of sightseeing. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I was delighted to read your comments following your stay in our apartments and that we met your expectations. I hope that you will join us once again in the near future. I have passed on your kind words to the team here at the hotel.
Abu Dhabi, Uae
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the milestone before and the first time it was cosy and cute. My first room was a savile row design which was awesome! Different! Yet not too loud, this time we stayed at the Venetian suite and it was jut an absolute charm in Kensington.
To be honest I had different options of hotels but I wanted to stay here because the location is brilliant, it's a boutique hotel therefore you get treated like its your own home and this what I exactly wanted.
Anyway the stay was lovely, charming and nice, staff were responsive and attainable ( thank you )
What the hotel gives you is love and what it needs is a new kettle, probably a new iron and coffee+tea in the room.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time, once again, to leave your feedback following your return stay with us. As you mentioned each room in the hotel has its individual home from home charm and I was so happy that you found the rooms along with the service to your liking. I have noted your comments regarding the need for a better iron and tea and coffee tray in your room which I have added to your guest profile for future stays. I do hope that you will come and visit us again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I still fondly recall our stay at The Milestone Hotel. Our first couple of nights in the UK were spent at this lovely location and we couldn't have been happier. It was wonderful to return every night to such a comfortable, welcoming place. Staff members were superb. We stayed in several other hotels during our travels and this hotel had the most genuinely amiable, efficient and knowledgeable staff. The Milestone has excellent dining options, is located in a pleasant part of London - right across from Kensington Park, and our rooms were cozy, elegant and very well appointed. In fact, we were so impressed with the hotel that we decided to stay there the last couple of days of our vacation. If you would like a gracious and truly memorable stay in London I would highly recommend The Milestone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I was really pleased to read your very kind feedback. I was delighted that you found that the hotel met your expectations. It is all of the teams aim here to ensure our guests have a perfect stay with us so I thank you once again for taking the time to post your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The Milestone Hotel was a wonderful experience - beautifully decorated rooms with incredibly professional staff that tried to go the extra mile to make our experience special. The hotel was fairly conveniently located in High Kensington, and also fairly affordable (after discounts). I would definitely recommend this hotel for special occasions, as they definitely made ours more memorable.

+++:
Service: From the moment you check-in, the entire experience was exactly as many guests have previously espoused: incredible. From champagne and cake for the birthday celebration, to canapés in the evening, all staff were friendly, professional and helpful. The concierge was especially helpful with reservations and recommendations, and the doorman was delightfully cheery as always.

Rooms: Despite my preference for more contemporary fare, my partner still loves the traditional Victorian-era style rooms, and this fitted the bill perfectly. Dark wood, warm carpet and fantastical wallpapers were the order of the day in our “Princess Suite”. The living room was large enough, with a couch, TV and work-desk. There was a separate make-up table, and the bathroom was large and spacious. Only complaints were that the bedroom was a little on the small side (but definitely not cramped), and that outlets in the living room were hard to find.

Amenities: We absolutely loved the little thoughtful gifts and amenities left around the room, such as reading lights that clipped onto your book, personalized namecards (cliched but quite cute), and a selection of tea. Amenities in the bathroom were also absolutely fantastic - towels were plentiful and fluffy, lotions/soaps were abundant.

Location: About a 5 minute walk from the tube station, and located close to bus stops, the hotel had good options for transportation. Harrods (and Knightsbridge) were walkable on a sunny day, but still a good 20-25 minutes away. For restaurants/bars and convenience stores, there were also decent (but limited) options within a walkable distance.

---:
Shower: My only major complaint about the room was the integrated shower/bath. As a bath it was great, but as a shower it proved a little awkward. The bath was elevated, which made getting in and out a bit of a pain, and the width of the bath was quite small, which didn't make showering very enjoyable.

Facilities: Being a boutique hotel, it would be unfair to expect it to have facilities such as a pool and gym. The hotel tried (with the spa and gym), but honestly, the limited size really worked against it. We were not terribly disappointed, since we were not expecting much, but just a word of warning.

Bar: Although we did not get to try the restaurant, we did grab a drink at the bar. The interior is beautifully decorated, but service was honestly lacking. We had to wait over 15 minutes to be served, perhaps we were just unlucky!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the convenience of our location, the style of the hotel and the warmth of our welcome. Each and everyone of our rooms varies in layout, style and some may be slightly larger than others even within the same room category but we will certainly be happy to note this for future reference. I am also very pleased to note that you enjoyed the little extras and touches that we like to include.
We do have a separate shower in a few of our larger rooms and suites. Within those rooms that don't have this option, we have a choice of a ceiling mounted shower or traditional wall mounted and regular guests we know often have a preference but I am sorry that we could not provide this facility for you on this occasion.
We do as you kindly point out have a resistance pool, sauna and fully equipped gym. This is purely for the convenience of our guests and we do appreciate that we can not compete with larger stand-alone facilities but we can always assist with entry to stand-alone fitness centres in the locality if required. I'm most concerned to read of the delay you experienced with getting served in Stables Bar. Although we can of course get busy at times you certainly should not have had to wait for 15 minutes and rest assured that we will be following this up.
I do hope that you will consider trying us again and please let us know if you are celebrating another special occasion!
Kind regards

Andrew Pike

Been to The Milestone Hotel? Share your experiences!