“Absolutely wonderful (with just a few minor complaints)” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
Expedia.com Hotels.com
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Special Offer
Breakfast Inclusive
Ranked #2 of 1,071 hotels in London
Hong Kong
“Absolutely wonderful (with just a few minor complaints)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

The Milestone Hotel was a wonderful experience - beautifully decorated rooms with incredibly professional staff that tried to go the extra mile to make our experience special. The hotel was fairly conveniently located in High Kensington, and also fairly affordable (after discounts). I would definitely recommend this hotel for special occasions, as they definitely made ours more memorable.

+++:
Service: From the moment you check-in, the entire experience was exactly as many guests have previously espoused: incredible. From champagne and cake for the birthday celebration, to canapés in the evening, all staff were friendly, professional and helpful. The concierge was especially helpful with reservations and recommendations, and the doorman was delightfully cheery as always.

Rooms: Despite my preference for more contemporary fare, my partner still loves the traditional Victorian-era style rooms, and this fitted the bill perfectly. Dark wood, warm carpet and fantastical wallpapers were the order of the day in our “Princess Suite”. The living room was large enough, with a couch, TV and work-desk. There was a separate make-up table, and the bathroom was large and spacious. Only complaints were that the bedroom was a little on the small side (but definitely not cramped), and that outlets in the living room were hard to find.

Amenities: We absolutely loved the little thoughtful gifts and amenities left around the room, such as reading lights that clipped onto your book, personalized namecards (cliched but quite cute), and a selection of tea. Amenities in the bathroom were also absolutely fantastic - towels were plentiful and fluffy, lotions/soaps were abundant.

Location: About a 5 minute walk from the tube station, and located close to bus stops, the hotel had good options for transportation. Harrods (and Knightsbridge) were walkable on a sunny day, but still a good 20-25 minutes away. For restaurants/bars and convenience stores, there were also decent (but limited) options within a walkable distance.

---:
Shower: My only major complaint about the room was the integrated shower/bath. As a bath it was great, but as a shower it proved a little awkward. The bath was elevated, which made getting in and out a bit of a pain, and the width of the bath was quite small, which didn't make showering very enjoyable.

Facilities: Being a boutique hotel, it would be unfair to expect it to have facilities such as a pool and gym. The hotel tried (with the spa and gym), but honestly, the limited size really worked against it. We were not terribly disappointed, since we were not expecting much, but just a word of warning.

Bar: Although we did not get to try the restaurant, we did grab a drink at the bar. The interior is beautifully decorated, but service was honestly lacking. We had to wait over 15 minutes to be served, perhaps we were just unlucky!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the convenience of our location, the style of the hotel and the warmth of our welcome. Each and everyone of our rooms varies in layout, style and some may be slightly larger than others even within the same room category but we will certainly be happy to note this for future reference. I am also very pleased to note that you enjoyed the little extras and touches that we like to include.
We do have a separate shower in a few of our larger rooms and suites. Within those rooms that don't have this option, we have a choice of a ceiling mounted shower or traditional wall mounted and regular guests we know often have a preference but I am sorry that we could not provide this facility for you on this occasion.
We do as you kindly point out have a resistance pool, sauna and fully equipped gym. This is purely for the convenience of our guests and we do appreciate that we can not compete with larger stand-alone facilities but we can always assist with entry to stand-alone fitness centres in the locality if required. I'm most concerned to read of the delay you experienced with getting served in Stables Bar. Although we can of course get busy at times you certainly should not have had to wait for 15 minutes and rest assured that we will be following this up.
I do hope that you will consider trying us again and please let us know if you are celebrating another special occasion!
Kind regards

955 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I was lucky enough to stay at The MIlestone a couple of weeks ago with my mum and her friend and I can honestly say it was perfect from start to finish. Such a beautiful and luxurious boutique hotel, yet refined, cosy and unpretentious. The staff were a credit to the hotel, particularly the ladies on reception and the barmen at Stables Bar. Hope to return again soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your your kind words. I was so happy to read that you, your mum and friend enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your review to my great team here including the bar and reception staff. Please do come back to your home from home again in the near furture.
Many thanks,
London/Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hotel were very keen guests should post a review onto Tripadvisor, so here goes. At this hotel level (that see themselves as the epitome of luxury, and for which one pays accordingly) it's attention to detail that its the ultimate judge of quality.More on this later. The style is very much 'country house' with lots of dark colours, wood panelling, chintz and so on. The rooms are on the small side (two guests wanting to watch TV means one will have to sit on the bed) but are richly furnished; the bathroom is substantial and luxuriously equipped. The lobby service is very good and attentive but I have one or two minor issues with the service. As I said, it's attention to detail that's all important. It seemed the majority of the staff serving were eastern European origin and they rarely have a smooth, easy charm. At breakfast, on receiving the tea I asked for some milk (which was concealed by some table decoration) to be told sharply 'it's on the table.' I asked for some 'strong tea', requesting Assam mixed with Kenyan to be told there's no Kenyan in any case (a small test, but one that is good for gauging reactions). So, I enjoyed the Assam and asked for a re-fill - to be brought English breakfast tea despite the label tag being obvious on the original pot. The service for afternoon tea in the rear room that accommodates larger parties was a little erratic - at the price charged, more or less, someone should have been in place. Late evening saw us in the bar area: some had hot drinks and some had something stronger but it just took too long to arrive, and the hot drinks had to be replaced as they were lukewarm on arrival. In all I would say I enjoyed the stay but the endless rave reviews I find on Tripadvisor are a little puzzling.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your very valuable and much appreciated feedback following your recent stay with us. Whilst I'm pleased that we ticked a number of boxes for you and that you seemed to enjoy the location, feel and style of the hotel I am most concerned to read that you did not experience our usual level of service in the restaurant and bar. The importance of going the extra mile for our guests is central to our service ethos and I'm extremely disappointed that you did not receive this in these areas. Please rest assured that this will be followed up in a constructive way and we certainly hope you will feel assured enought to try us again in the future.
We intentionally recruit from a number of nationalities as one of our aims is to be able to have a member of staff who can communicate with any guest but I very much take on board the importance of the way that we communicate and we will revisit this with our soft skills training over the coming weeks.

Kind regards

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I spent a few nights at the Milestone Hotel in London, and I can say enough about the service, the style of the hotel, the convenience to getting around, and the friendly staff. The breakfast was excellent, and the lovely parlor room with the roaring fire was so nice. Every detail is complete in their rooms and the service that you receive.

In addition, they have a really cool resistance pool - it's a great way to exercise and unwind at the end of the day.

Room Tip: If you want to really treat yourself, go for the Prince Albert Suite!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that we met your expectations and that you liked our Park Lounge and resistance swimming pool. I have passed on your kind words to my team here and I do hope that we get the chance to look after you again in the near future.
Brugge, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed at The Milestone Hotel in December and our stay there was absolutely brilliant!
During this stay, I asked my girlfriend to marry me. In the preparation for this occasion, I've probably exchanged over 20 e-mails with the hotel to make sure everything would be perfectly in order. They promised it would be excellent, and boy, did they deliver!

We booked the Mistinguett suite for two nights. Upon arrival, we were met by our butler who showed us around the hotel and the suite. 2 glasses of Champagne immediately appeared for us to enjoy.

I had made some specific requirements for the special occasion, and it seemed the entire hotel staff was into the plan. Even the ladies at the reception were very enthusiastic and when asking them a question (without my girlfriend nearby), they all started saying 'oh, you're the one who is going to...'

When we got back form dinner the first evening, the entire room was transformed into this most romantic place. Roses everywhere, candles everywhere, a chilled bottle of champagne waiting. I had even requested a specific song to be played in the background, and again, the hotel staff delivered. Our favorite song was playing from the ipod dock in the room. Brilliant!
And of course, my girlfriend said yes ;-)

The next morning, every staff member asked how it went. The same ladies at the reception were eager to see the engagement ring. I have never before experienced anything like this before at a hotel.

The level of service provided by The Milestone Hotel was nothing short of perfect. They even managed to book us a table at restaurant 'Petrus', which was already fully booked. We absolutely enjoyed our stay and hopefully we will come back to the hotel one day (maybe for our anniversary, as yes, we are now married ;-))!

Room Tip: The Mistinguett suite was
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
I was absolutely thrilled to read you feedback following your stay with us. I was delighted that you,and your now wife,enjoyed your stay with us and all the little touches we provided that made your stay that extra bit special. I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team. Please do come back to stay with us again in the near future.Seasons greetings and congratulations on your recent marriage.
General Mnager
Dorchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were a family group of ten, so not the easiest crowd to control; they managed us to perfection. We stayed only one night but left feeling that we were parting from good friends, such was the kindliness of the staff. Our room - probably one of the lowlier ones in the hotel - was exquisite. We were treated like royalty, notwithstanding the numerous problems we dumped on them to resolve. I suspect we will all be going back - in groups and en bloc - as soon as we have half an excuse to do so. What a lovely place to stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
I was really glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that we managed to meet your expectations. Please do come back and stay with us in the near future and we will ensure that you will once again have a great stay with us. Mnay thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback and seasons greetings to you. I have passed on your kind words to the team.
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Wonderful staff and location. Everyone was so accomodating and friendly making the whole experience fabulous! I will definitely return! The facilities for accompanying pets are worth a browse too!! The room was very comfortable with everything catered for - luxury products and many extras. If you are having the afternoon tea do not eat lunch beforehand!! It is a marathon of delicious sandwiches, cakes and a cream tea!

Room Tip: I was only there for one night!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I was really happy to read your comments following your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to do this. You made a great choice in trying our Afternoon Tea which is a real treat for our guests. I do hope that you will come back to stay so we can meet your expectations once again.
Andrew Pike

Been to The Milestone Hotel? Share your experiences!