“Delicious afternoon tea” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Milestone Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast!
Ranked #3 of 1,073 hotels in London
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Delicious afternoon tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Afternoon tea is such an elegant way of spending your (rainy) afternoon, especially when done in such a lovely decor as in the Milestone. We'd made reservations well in advance and requested to be seated near the fireplace. We did get these seats and it is lovely, though quite warm. Make sure you have something to take off if you request these seats. Next time, I'd ask to be seated under the 'Wimbledon painting'. You'll have to be in a group of four. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the three o'clock session ran late (the hotel has three 'rounds', each two hours). We were called in advance by the hotel informing us of this. They were very apologetic and I think they handled it superb. Staff was very friendly, service was excellent. Food was good. All in all a delightful and recommendable afternoon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I was really happy to read your feedback regarding your afternoon tea with us. Also many thanks for your patience with being slightly delayed as there were unforseen road closures that day so I was pleased that you made it to us and that you enjoyed your afternoon tea experience.
I do hope that you visit us once again and I have passed on your kind words to the team.

1,037 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on Wednesday 31st October for one night. Firstly I have to say that usually when I book a hotel it never lives up to the expectation that I imagine, I have to say with this hotel it was exactly as I imagined and more. We were greeted on arrival by Fran one of the butlers who kindly offered to show us around the hotel, the Victorian lounge was beautiful where the afternoon teas are served, the restaurant and bars were all so lovely and very impressive, creating a fine but cosy atmosphere. On arrival to our room we found we had been upgraded to a deluxe room which was lovely, as it was our wedding anniversary and this made it all very special. We booked this hotel as we were visiting the Royal Albert Hall to see Diana Krall, and I have to say this hotel is in the perfect location, about seven minutes walk straight from the front of the hotel. After returning from our night out we found that Fran had scattered rose petals all around our room, lit floating candles everywhere, had some lovely romantic music playing and had put chocolates and strawberries and anniversary cards in our room. It was beautiful, I have to say this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in, and it even exceeds Far East hotels. The following morning we went down for our breakfast in the beautiful dining room where we were welcomed by Grant who recommended the Eggs Benedict, and I have to say again the best I have ever tasted and nothing at all was too much trouble I felt like I had stepped back in time a hundred years. On departure we were chatting with Neil the Front of House Manager, who again couldn’t do enough for us, he arranged a taxi to take us to Harrods to finish off our trip. All in all this entire hotel is a wonderful experience of proper old Victorian service with impeccable manners, it feels like a real treat and something special to have stayed here. This is exactly what a hotel should be, these modern contemporary hotels just cannot compete with these standards, nor the experience. We will definitely return to this hotel again in the future for a special night in London. Mr & Mrs Roberts, thank you

Room Tip: The Deluxe room was beautiful
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my great team ensured you were taken care of. I was glad you enjoyed the show at the nearby Royal Albert Hall and I hope you can visit us again soon. As always I have passed on your kind words to the team.
East Coast USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My daughter (9 years) and I were treated like queens. I could not imagine a more comfortable, caring oasis in a busy city. We loved London but we really loved coming "home" and seeing what personal touches awaited us in our room...one day a cake, another my child's name spelled out in letters on the bed, and some light snacks. Speical marks to Dixon and Alexa for their kindnesses and personal attention.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I was so pleased to read that you and your daughter felt like royalty during your stay with us !! I was so happy that we met your expectations and I have passed on your kind words to Dixon, Alexa and the rest of my great team which I know they will really appreciate. Please do come back to visit us soon.
My kindest regards,
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

After reading the very many favourable Trip Advisor reviews and the hotel's excellent & enticing web site I knew this was to be our base in central London for my wife's 50th birthday.
If one reads the hotel management's list of operational & service quality aspirations, for myself, one of the most significant is ; to attempt to exceed their customers expectations.The Milestone's happy and very attentive staff certainly achieve this goal. Particularly worthy of mention were the reception & door staff service levels, a very nice touch being the ability to remember customers names. Also, unusual, even for five star hotels, is the presence and availability of management which is obvious and transparent.

Firstly we were provided with an excellent initial tour from Alexa around the fascinating, listed and historical building and finally up to our room.This was definitely of five star standard and immaculately clean with the interior design/ colour scheme bordering on quirky or even eccentric, however, pleasantly different. The walls are covered in luxury, cushioned fabrics!
Other lovely surprises were the appearance of a delicious birthday cake, light as a feather, a welcome card (hand written by the manager) and a birthday card.
We dined in the restaurant having had a cocktail and appetising canapes in the Stables Bar before our dinner. The meal was lovely and the ambience very relaxing and unhurried.
We slept extremely well - the location is surprisingly quiet for central London although our room was located towards the back of the hotel.
We be definitely be back.
A special thank you to Alexa and Georgia.

Overall, in summary, a VERY hard to fault hotel, in a great location, with exemplary levels of customer service delivered by staff that appear to be very content and very valued in their positions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I was so glad to read your feedback following your recent stay. I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team which I know they will really appreciate. I was pleased that we met your high expectations on your birthday stay and please do come and celebrate a special occasion again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This was the second time we stayed at The Milestone and quite simply, it is faultless. The warm service is what sets it apart from other 5-star hotels in London (and we have stayed at quite a few!). It feels like a home away from home -- everyone who works at the hotel goes out of their way to ensure that all your needs are met and are all genuinely accommodating and courteous. The interior feels like you are staying in a private English house and the atmosphere is just spectacularly cosy and intimate. Absolutely amazing -- THE place to stay in London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for coming back to stay with us. It is the staff that make a great hotel and I was delighted that once again we met your expectations. Please do come and stay with us again in the near future.
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We recently stayed at The Milestone and it was a short but wonderful experience. The hotel is elegant and pristine and the staff make you feel very welcome.
The room was lovely as was the bathroom, with luxurious towels and good quality products. Breakfast was superb and all the small touches in the room to welcome us were very thoughtful and very much appreciated.
Staff are very friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble.
Would definitely stay here again :)

Room Tip: Front rooms of hotel have lovely view of Kensington Gardens
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I was so happy to read your kind words. I have passed them on to my great team here at the hotel. I was glad you enjoyed your stay and the facilities we offer. Please do come and stay with us again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My mom and dad stayed there for 5 nights and they had a great time. Their stay was perfect and said they would most likely stay there again.
The Hotel interior and exterior looks great giving a atmosphere of being in the old English Era. The rooms are cosy and stylishly decorated giving a good feeling of the English way of living. The staff may it be the front desk, the cleaning staff or the concierge services all were very warm, kind and helpful. The breakfast was splendid as well specially the tea which was presented in a lovely way.

The location was great and being near the beautiful Hyde Park, my mom and dad used to go daily for morning walks. Finding taxis was also a breeze and the main market was a small walk away. There were also many restaurant nearby suiting many different tastes. There is a very good Arabic restaurant, Nandos, McDonald's and many cafes like Starbucks in the same street as the hotel. A car, Range Rover or Bentley could also be booked from the hotel concierge services. Going to Oxford Street in a taxi would cost 10 pounds.

Overall my mom and dad would rate their experience 100/100 and we all will be looking forward staying there the next time we visit London.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. I was so happy that your parents had a great stay with us and that they liked the hotel, the location and most importantly the service.
I look forward to welcoming them back in the near future.
My kindest regards,
Andrew Pike

Been to The Milestone Hotel? Share your experiences!