“Brilliant!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Milestone Hotel

You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (South Kensington)   |
Special Offer
3 nights for 2
Ranked #2 of 1,052 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
East Coast USA
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My daughter (9 years) and I were treated like queens. I could not imagine a more comfortable, caring oasis in a busy city. We loved London but we really loved coming "home" and seeing what personal touches awaited us in our room...one day a cake, another my child's name spelled out in letters on the bed, and some light snacks. Speical marks to Dixon and Alexa for their kindnesses and personal attention.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I was so pleased to read that you and your daughter felt like royalty during your stay with us !! I was so happy that we met your expectations and I have passed on your kind words to Dixon, Alexa and the rest of my great team which I know they will really appreciate. Please do come back to visit us soon.
My kindest regards,
Andrew Pike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

After reading the very many favourable Trip Advisor reviews and the hotel's excellent & enticing web site I knew this was to be our base in central London for my wife's 50th birthday.
If one reads the hotel management's list of operational & service quality aspirations, for myself, one of the most significant is ; to attempt to exceed their customers expectations.The Milestone's happy and very attentive staff certainly achieve this goal. Particularly worthy of mention were the reception & door staff service levels, a very nice touch being the ability to remember customers names. Also, unusual, even for five star hotels, is the presence and availability of management which is obvious and transparent.

Firstly we were provided with an excellent initial tour from Alexa around the fascinating, listed and historical building and finally up to our room.This was definitely of five star standard and immaculately clean with the interior design/ colour scheme bordering on quirky or even eccentric, however, pleasantly different. The walls are covered in luxury, cushioned fabrics!
Other lovely surprises were the appearance of a delicious birthday cake, light as a feather, a welcome card (hand written by the manager) and a birthday card.
We dined in the restaurant having had a cocktail and appetising canapes in the Stables Bar before our dinner. The meal was lovely and the ambience very relaxing and unhurried.
We slept extremely well - the location is surprisingly quiet for central London although our room was located towards the back of the hotel.
We be definitely be back.
A special thank you to Alexa and Georgia.

Overall, in summary, a VERY hard to fault hotel, in a great location, with exemplary levels of customer service delivered by staff that appear to be very content and very valued in their positions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I was so glad to read your feedback following your recent stay. I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team which I know they will really appreciate. I was pleased that we met your high expectations on your birthday stay and please do come and celebrate a special occasion again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This was the second time we stayed at The Milestone and quite simply, it is faultless. The warm service is what sets it apart from other 5-star hotels in London (and we have stayed at quite a few!). It feels like a home away from home -- everyone who works at the hotel goes out of their way to ensure that all your needs are met and are all genuinely accommodating and courteous. The interior feels like you are staying in a private English house and the atmosphere is just spectacularly cosy and intimate. Absolutely amazing -- THE place to stay in London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for coming back to stay with us. It is the staff that make a great hotel and I was delighted that once again we met your expectations. Please do come and stay with us again in the near future.
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We recently stayed at The Milestone and it was a short but wonderful experience. The hotel is elegant and pristine and the staff make you feel very welcome.
The room was lovely as was the bathroom, with luxurious towels and good quality products. Breakfast was superb and all the small touches in the room to welcome us were very thoughtful and very much appreciated.
Staff are very friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble.
Would definitely stay here again :)

Room Tip: Front rooms of hotel have lovely view of Kensington Gardens
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I was so happy to read your kind words. I have passed them on to my great team here at the hotel. I was glad you enjoyed your stay and the facilities we offer. Please do come and stay with us again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My mom and dad stayed there for 5 nights and they had a great time. Their stay was perfect and said they would most likely stay there again.
The Hotel interior and exterior looks great giving a atmosphere of being in the old English Era. The rooms are cosy and stylishly decorated giving a good feeling of the English way of living. The staff may it be the front desk, the cleaning staff or the concierge services all were very warm, kind and helpful. The breakfast was splendid as well specially the tea which was presented in a lovely way.

The location was great and being near the beautiful Hyde Park, my mom and dad used to go daily for morning walks. Finding taxis was also a breeze and the main market was a small walk away. There were also many restaurant nearby suiting many different tastes. There is a very good Arabic restaurant, Nandos, McDonald's and many cafes like Starbucks in the same street as the hotel. A car, Range Rover or Bentley could also be booked from the hotel concierge services. Going to Oxford Street in a taxi would cost 10 pounds.

Overall my mom and dad would rate their experience 100/100 and we all will be looking forward staying there the next time we visit London.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. I was so happy that your parents had a great stay with us and that they liked the hotel, the location and most importantly the service.
I look forward to welcoming them back in the near future.
My kindest regards,
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The good:
Beautiful Victorian house, SUPERB CUSTOMER CARE, cozy common areas, great bar, and beautiful tea room. Incredible staff that one would like to take home (special mention to: Pedro the "everything to everyone guy", Markus and Dickson at the bar, and the concierge staff). We were in a large family group so I was able to see several rooms. All are uniquely decorated and well appointed, with the deluxe rooms being on the smaller side and some lacking in storage area, but with good modern bathrooms. The Safari jr. suite is fabulous
The not so good:
At the southwest end of Hyde Park (Kensington Gardens), it is not walking distance from the great area of attractions of Piccadilly, Oxford, Regent, Harrods, museums, Parliament, etc. However there is a Tube station about 3 minutes walk and several nice restaurants within walking distance.
The bad:
Restaurant is not up to par. Food is average and the service, although just as attentive as in the rest of the hotel, it is quite slow...they seem understaffed. However, the manager was very apologetic and offered several complimentary services to make up for it. He also seemed very receptive to my comments and I'm possitive there will be improvements in that area.
The SUPER SPECIAL:
Four couples in our group were celebrating Anniversaries and the hotel went above and beyond anything I've experienced to make it super special!!!

Room Tip: Nice views of Kensington gardens on the north side and of the nice side street of Kensington Court o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your groups stay with us. Firstly I have noted your comments on our restaurant service which our Food and Beverage Manager is looking in to rectifying as soon as possible. You did not receive our usual very high level of service for which I apologise. However I was delighted that you felt Pedro, Dickson, Marcus and the Concierge team met your expectaions and I have already passed on your very kind words on to them. Iwas also happy to read that your group were made to feel special for the anniversary stays with us. I do hope that you will join us again in the near future.
New Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recently stayed at the Milestone Hotel (September 2012) and would definitely give it an excellent rating. The room had every amenity (stayed in Deluxe King) you could want and the staff couldn't do enough for you. The location was good - right near the hop on/off bus - I would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend it.

cj - connecticut

Room Tip: stayed in a Deluxe King - plenty of room with a sitting area - very comfortable- bathroom very large
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I was so happy to read your great feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that we met your expecations and will choose to stay with us again in the near future. I have passed on your kind words to the team here.
Kind regards
Andrew Pike

Been to The Milestone Hotel? Share your experiences!