“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Milestone Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Milestone Hotel to your Saves list
The Milestone Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kensington Court | Kensington, London W8 5DL, England (Kensington and Hyde Park)   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast!
Ranked #3 of 1,073 hotels in London
Helsinki, Finland
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I booked a superior room, which was the cheapest fare. Well everything is definitely 5-star, except the size of the room. It feels smaller than Travelodge rooms. One might think its ecological because the room heats up by your body heat, (its that small, but you get what you pay) but then on the other hand, using the aircondition or opening the window helps. Still great, will come again. The small room is fine for a night and on single occupancy. Staying longer needs upgrading...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments. I am glad that you will return to us again and please feel free to contact any member of the team to discuss your room requirements so we can meet your expectations. I was pleased that you liked the service we provided you with and I have past on your kind words to my fantastic team.

1,042 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Teesside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here as part of a birthday celebration. We could not fault the hotel at all. What a beautiful place but what made the stay perfect was the staff. Everyone who worked in the hotel were polite, friendly and helpful. We will definitely be staying at the milestone again. Thank you again for such a wonderful time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I was really pleased that you enjoyed your birthday celebrations with us and that we met your expecations during your stay with us. I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My teenage daughter, husband and I really enjoyed the afternoon tea experience at the Milestone. The service is incredible, the tea rooms are just as the pictures show and the tea and cakes - unforgettable! We had a wonderful time. Our waiter was very funny, putting us at ease.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I was very happy to read your comments following your Afternoon Tea with us with your Daughter. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and please do come back and see us again soon. I have passed on your kind words to my great team here.

Kind regards
Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My fiancé and I are pretty seasoned travelers and have stayed in some amazing hotels all over, but OMIGOD this is my hands-down favorite hotel!! we usually go for more contemporary hotels with modern design, so we were wary of the very traditional look of the Milestone initially. As soon as we parked our car around the corner (!!! we could PARK...that was a great start! haha) and walked in the lobby, we were blown away by how wonderful and attentive the staff were. Our bags were whisked away and replaced with flutes of champagne, and we were greeted by name..."You must be Mr and Mrs Rawding, welcome". The looks on our faces mustve been priceless. What a stellar greeting. As we were checking in, we were casually lamenting the fact that we were unable to secure a reservation at Nobu for that night--a friday--and how we really should've planned ahead. The concierge heard us, and within 3 minutes, he had gotten us a table for 8pm. WHAT?! It's like he was a magician. We had literally just been denied by that restaurant! We went upstairs to our room, which was super-plush and filled with soft squishy chairs and big fluffy robes. I have never liked that "traditional" style decor in any hotel except this one. we were even more thrilled when we discovered a little tray of pastries and cookies "from the chef", with a little welcome note. We felt like royalty.

The Milestone Hotel is always our first choice when we go to london, and I look forward to staying there again this Christmas (assuming all these glowing reviews don't book it up and leave me out in the cold;).

Warm Regards,
Natasha and Jason Rawding
Florida USA/Nottingham UK

Room Tip: Our room wasn't gigantic, but it was the coziest thing ever! The bath products were great and so...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we met your expectations. Please do come back at Christmas and we will ensure you have another excellent stay.

Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a weekend at the Milestone Hotel to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. I've been lucky enough to stay at some wonderful hotels throughout the world, both on business and for pleasure from Bournemouth to Bora Bora, but have to say this was one of the nicest experiences yet.

From Manvee on the phone when booking, the doorman on arrival, the reception staff, the concierge, the bar staff (fantastic cocktails by the way!) and the cleaner I passed in the hallway Sunday morning; every interaction with the people who work there leave you feeling like a truly valued customer.

I'm trying to give a balanced review, warts and all, but I honestly I can't fault it.

Following my hotel choice my wife finally recognises what a great bloke I am, so I think we may make 15 years. If we do, we will definitely return. If we don't, her loss and I'll take someone else!

Room Tip: Let them pick the room for you!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MilestoneGM, General Manager at The Milestone Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I really was delighted to read your review and I too hope we can have the chance to look after you once again on your 15th anniversary !! I was so happy that we met your expectations and I have passed on your very kind words to the great team I am proud to have at the hotel.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

returned to The Milestone for the second Olympic week to celebrate 2 birthdays and an anniversary and everything about our stay confirmed that this hotel is an outstanding property. Our room, overlooking Kensington Gardens was beautiful and the staff was once again friendly, pleasant and went out of their way to make us feel like valued guests. Our anniversary was noted with roses and candles making our first evening on this trip a special memory.If you have an opportunity, a stay at TheMilestone is a experience not to be missed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I was so pleased to read your lovely feedback. Many thanks for taking the time to do this. The Olympics was indeed a very special time for London, our hotel and our guests. We always try our hardest to meet our guests expectations and was so glad that you enjoyed your anniversary stay with us and appreciated the extra touches we provided you with. Please do came back and visit us once again ion the near future. I have passed on your kind words to mr brilliant team.
Orange County, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Where to start praising this amazing hotel? My husband and I stayed in Apartment 1 for seven nights in mid-September. First of all, the staff was incredible. We never walked through the lobby without someone acknowledging "Mr. and Mrs. Jones" and holding open a door, or calling us a cab. Everyone is so friendly and service-oriented. The hotel itself is great! The decor is beautiful and the dining & bar areas are very cozy.

Apartment 1 was great! There's a large living room/lounge on the main floor. We sat there a few times to catch the light coming in through the windows. The bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen are downstairs; basically in a basement-like area. At first, it seemed a little darker and "closer" down there. But, after hearing some bumps and such from the floor above when sitting in the living room, we really appreciated the fact that there was no one above us when we were downstairs.

When we checked in, there was a large basket on the kitchen table, filled with fruit, cookies and chocolate. There were also little business cards with my husband's name on them that included the phone & fax number of our apartment. So cool!

The master bedroom is great, with a very sizable en-suite bathroom. The shower has two options - rain shower or handheld shower. The towels are huge and fluffy, more like bath sheets, and they are in a rack right in the shower area, which I love. There's real shower gel, which a lot of hotels don't offer. One very small annoyance - the smoke detector has two red lights that blink throughout the night. I used a little sleep mask the first night and then switched to the other side of the bed. Both of those took care of the issue!

Turn-down service included a little treat each night on the bed - there was always a bottle of water for each of us, candy, chocolate, little books with booklights, tea and even some bubble bath/foot treatment items for use in the bath.

The kitchen came in handy. We made our own breakfast a few of the mornings we were there. All the bowls and utensils we needed were right at our fingertips. There was also a washer & dryer which we used a few times. Just a note that it did take a couple of hours to wash and another couple hours for clothes to get dry, but they both worked well.

There was something I've never seen in a hotel room before - a Pillow Menu. You can order exactly the kind of pillow you want for maximum comfort. They even have a "hangover eye pillow" to refresh your eyes.

We also enjoyed food & drinks in the Stable bar many of the nights we were there. Both the food & drink are excellent! The drinks come with snacks like peanuts, etc., but they also come with canapes - little croque monsieur sandwiches, salmon mousse, olives, celery & carrot sticks. All very tasty! We had soup, sandwiches and salads a few different nights for dinner and they were all excellent as well.

Bottom line - we loved this place! The location was so perfect for us. We didn't have far to walk to the tube and the park across the street was a great place to stroll or sit on the grass. The staff treated us amazingly, but it didn't feel stuffy at all! If you get the chance to spend 7 nights in London, the Milestone Hotel is the place to do it!

Room Tip: The Apartments are through a little back door on the side of the hotel. Very private, but still clos...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr & Mrs Jones
I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our aprtments. As you mentioned they are ideal for a longer stay. I was so pleased that we met your expectations and you felt at home in the hotel.
I have passed on your feedback to my team. Please do come back and visit us again in the near future. Thank you for taking the time leave this feedback.
General manager

Been to The Milestone Hotel? Share your experiences!