“Great location, average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Shaftesbury Premier London Piccadilly Hotel

You added Shaftesbury Premier London Piccadilly Hotel to your Saves list
Shaftesbury Premier London Piccadilly Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   65 - 73 Shaftesbury Ave | Piccadilly, London W1D 6EX, England (Formerly Best Western) (Soho)   |
Ranked #384 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great location, average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed in this property for 5 nights in November. First of all the good points: Location is good, and the front office staff were excellent. I ordered room service and the food was ok.

The building is old and my room was a very odd shape. The strangest part of my room was the HUGE four poster bed (complete with roof), it totally dominated the room and blocked out any natural light, making the room appear a little dim and depressing. Really this type of bed is totally unsuitable for a small room. The bath room was ok.

Slightly annoying that the whole building only has a single lift servicing all 8 floors. This lift can only fit 5 people comfortably.

All in all, i would recommend this hotel for the location - Was quite expensive for the quality of the product. You are basically paying for the locaiton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
shftpiccadilly, Manager at Shaftesbury Premier London Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your feedback regrding the staff & their service is very encouraging & motivating & I will pass on your feedback to the rest of the team as well and we look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Deepak Panicker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Polish first
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Good location, good price and insulated from noise even on Shaftsbury Avenue in a 2nd floor room
The room was comfortable and clean - and service was impeccable. Good for Christmas shopping and sightseeing in London; also very close to Underground stations, bus stations. Walking distance from Regents Street and Piccadilly

Room Tip: I only stayed in one room so cannot really advise on this
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Lewes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Arrived to find we were unable to have our twin room as they were having a few housekeeping issues. They gave us a club room with complimentary breakfast, wine and chocolates. All very lovely but more warmth and a smile would be nice. They did try to charge for two nights. I questioned this and they were adamant I was wrong and showed me their paperwork which did to make sense. Fab location have stayed before. We did to hear noise from the street only other guests but it was fine. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
shftpiccadilly, Manager at Shaftesbury Premier London Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, December 25, 2012

Stroud, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed here for business but that was the only problem. Had I been able to enjoy all the wonderful things right on my doorstep and not have to get up the next day it would have been perfect. The rooms are comfortable and the staff are friendly. I was there during Christmas party season and right on the front so it was noisy but have had good nights sleep there before.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel so you can sleep. You won't get the birds eye view of L...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Sevenoaks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I booked an overnight stay as a surprise for my husband as we were going xmas shopping and to the theatre. I wish we had been there longer. What a fab location right in the heart of theatreland across the road from china town 5 mins from Fortnums and Bond Street.... I could go on! Checkin was quick and easy the receptionist (sorry forgotten her name) was lovely and welcoming. She gave us a fantastic room which was spacious and had a 4 poster bed. There was a flat screen tv in the bathroom and abundance of toiletries and tea and coffee. All in all a great stay for the price which included breakfast and was booked through Shaftesbury Premier hotels. In comparison to the cost of some other West End hotels for small rooms I don't think this can be beaten. I have already recommended this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: The four poster bed was very comfy and the room overlooked Shaftesbury Ave
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
shftpiccadilly, Manager at Shaftesbury Premier London Piccadilly Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2012

Harlow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Smallest room I have ever stayed in .. Clean but .. Small. No bar after 9.00 very disappointing. Location excellent for the theatre. Seemed expensive for what you have to pay. Shower was tiny .. Would not want to stay more than one night

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your courteous feedback.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. However, as you might be aware of the fact that we are a victorian facade style building wherein we have rooms of different sizes belonging to the same room category.

Since we cannot make any changes to your past experience having said that we would request you to give us one more chance so that we can provide you with a comfortable & pleasant stay.

George Town, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

A really tiny tiny room (the width is the length of the bed) with an equally small bathroom. But, everything is there and it's clean and perfectly located in Soho; so no complain for £97/night. My room was located at the back of the building, with no much light but very quiet. The bed was really comfortable.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your courteous feedback.

Deepak Panicker

Been to Shaftesbury Premier London Piccadilly Hotel? Share your experiences!