“Understated Edwardian Luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Understated Edwardian Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband booked one night's stay in this hotel for my birthday. We had never heard of it but found a link through the Daily Telegraph. To say we were bowled over is putting it mildly. From the moment we entered this most beautiful building with its cobbled courtyard we felt we had come home. The service, surroundings and general atmosphere were 100%. The staff were attentive and polite. It was like being a guest in Downton Abbey complete with the hotel's resident Labrador dog! The tube is seconds away and it was also closeby to the theatre district. We would most definitely stay here again. Thank you for such a memorable experience.

Room Tip: Our room (307) on the 3rd floor was quiet and near the lift.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Despite living in South West London my wife booked us in for my birthday. It is a fabulous hotel standing where the old Prudential Insurance building once was very close to Holborn Station.
The staff were all great, we were upgraded and a little birthday cake was waiting in the room.
The rooms are spacious, with a huge bed and gorgeous bathroom which was well thought out with nice touches throughout the room.
Breakfast was first class too, and it is all one would expect of a five star hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor with view into the courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Heusden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

In my room was a handwritten card welcoming me for my 10th stay in the Rosewood. I love handwriting, no greater pleasure than a beautiful white piece of paper with some nice hand writing. I felt flattered and honoured. But then I went to my bed and saw the real gift. Amazing! What a surprise. And it was there again when I came back. It's mine! Every time I stay in the Rosewood, it will be there. Believe me, the Rosewood outperforms every other of the 39 hotels I've reviewed on TripAdvisor. It earns a 5+ rating, consequently.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Rosewood was beautiful, quietly and warmly elegant and staffed by people who try very hard to make you feel special and welcomed. It is also well located right near Hyde Park. All in all a wonderful place from which to explore and enjoy London.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here with my family. Checked in during the evening once I arrived in London. Was well-greeted by the staffs. Receptionists were very kind. One of them showed me to my room. Beds were very comfortable. Room was spacious enough. Great location too, a tube station nearby, tons of delicious restaurants in walking distance. Concierge was very helpful, friendly and kind. Provided me with all the details needed and good restaurants nearby. Overall experience is great. Worth the value. Will definitely stay again when I visit London.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

There is far too much positive things to say about this hotel to fit it all in a review, but in short, I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone, in fact, go and stay there immediately! The customer service offered is the best I have experienced. Nothing is too much trouble for the amazing and professional staff and they go out of their way to accommodate your needs and make you feel special and unique. I booked a weekend for my parents as it was a special occasion for them and from the moment the stepped into reception they were treated like kings, from all members of staff. Before they even arrived, I was liaising with the hotel over additional bits to enhance their stay and I was met with prompt responses from knowledgeable staff who went above and beyond to assist me in making my parents stay memorable. The hotel itself is fabulous. Restaurants, bar areas and location-wise is first class. My parents cant wait to return and I want the world to know that this hotel should be at the top of every destination list.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

A really memorable stay. The service is distinctive. The staff really prioritize the guest, unequivocally. Then there is the ambiance-- the restaurants and gorgeous bar. But I appreciated the bed most of all, complemented by the sumptuous linens. This is a wonderful hotel to stay in while in London!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Rosewood London? Share your experiences!