“Weekend stop over with entertainment” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rosewood London

You added Rosewood London to your Saves list
Rosewood London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   252 High Holborn, London WC1V 7EN, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Size Matters
Ranked #17 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Weekend stop over with entertainment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the hotel with friends who had booked the bar entertainment, we turned up and were offered a table for two people when they knew there would be four, and then to top this they then place a table and two chairs in front of us for two walk in's, this blocked the view of the enterainment and the most of the walkway causing an obstruction. When we booked out and raised this the reseption staff appeared to be very disinterested, disappointing end to what could have been an outstanding weekend in London.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Beautiful building, beautifully decorated, comfortable and welcoming, spacious room.
There was not one thing I didn't love about my short stay. The Christmas decorations were stunning and homely.

My only tiny negative aspect relates to the breakfast. It was very expensive given it was just traditional English and there was nothing wow about it - in fact just normal sausages, bacon and mushrooms, not even gourmet ingredients which I would have expected and be happy to pay for.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Lewes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed with my friend who had won a nights stay in the Rosewood. We were upgraded to an executive room in arrival. The receptionist looked after us and showed us to our room and talked us through everything and said we could have a tour of the hotel if required.

The lobby was extremely opulent with attention to detail especially with the Christmas decorations. It was a quiet haven away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Lovely areas to sit quietly or with a group of friends.

We had a fantastic breakfast in the dining room. No rush, no bustle just a relaxed start to the day.

All the staff who were smartly dressed for their roles were extremely friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to stay again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

What a wonderful hotel and what will now be our regular Christmas holiday hotel. I cannot rave about the style, ambience and meticulous attention to detail this beautiful place has to offer. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2014
Hamilton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I can't think of one negative thing to say about the Rosewood London. The hotel itself is gorgeous inside and out. I was lucky enough to go during the Christmas season and see it all decked out for the holidays. My room was amazing: spacious, comfortable, and courtyard facing. I traveled with 3 other people and their rooms were all amazing, too. The hotel itself had wonderful smelling scented candles everywhere, and I loved that the lobby adjusted its lighting throughout the day, nice ambiance.

The best part of my stay there had to be when we arrived at the hotel on the first day. It was around 9:30 in the morning, and after having not slept at all on the 8 hour plane ride over, the staff went out of their way to ensure that we had all of our rooms available within an hour. I cannot say how impressed and happy I was, as most hotels make you wait until mid-afternoon to have a room. Then, to top it off, after dinner and sightseeing that afternoon/evening, I came back to my room to see a beautiful (and delicious!) cupcake, a bowl of fresh strawberries, and a handwritten welcome note waiting for me. So thoughtful and truly made it a memorable stay.

The staff are incredibly helpful, friendly, and all around great. David was wonderful, he helped me and my fellow travelers many times over our 5 day stay. The concierge was fantastic, too, always on hand to recommend a restaurant or call us a taxi. They even lent my friend a phone charger when he forgot his. I don't think I passed one employee in the hallway without them giving me a very friendly greeting.

All in all, a great place to say! I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Courtyard facing is lovely.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Bracknell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It has to be said what a lovely hotel this is, cannot really complain about the service ect but it lacks atmosphere a bit cold, I have waited a couple of weeks to write this to try to be fair to the hotel as it could be me.

But can only be disscribed as a bit soul less

Room Tip: Cannot fault the rooms at all
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was our first holiday after we our baby's arrival so we decided to give ourselves a treat. 10 nights in Rosewood with our 1 year old girl. Its expensive, it is very expensive but its not hard to understand why. My daughter was greeted in the room by a little teddy on her cot. The deluxe room we stayed in was not big but enough for 4 luggages, 2 adult and a baby. This is one of the few hotels that took the effort to provide baby toiletries and daily change of baby towel. The staff were all very friendly, my daughter has even befriended a few after 10 days. It cannot be in a better location. We literally walk from the hotel to Big Ben, Covent Garden, Hyde Park, Kensington Palace, Oxford Circus and Trafalgar Square ! Bus stop is literally outside the hotel and the tube station around the corner. Mini marts 2 doors away and restaurants right across the street. Will I come back ? Definitely !

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Rosewood London? Share your experiences!