“2 Double Beds in London!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rosewood London

You added Rosewood London to your Saves list
Rosewood London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   252 High Holborn, London WC1V 7EN, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Size Matters
Ranked #17 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Hong Kong
“2 Double Beds in London!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I stayed there for 4 nights with my husband and 9 years old son. 2 double comfortable beds in a spacious room is perfect for us. All the offical pictures are true! We can get what we see!

Super convenient locations for shopping and sightseeing. Hotel is beautiful, classic, cosy and clean. Everything is well organised. Good service, all staff are nice.

We had the stay 3 nights with the 4th night free package, very good value considering such a good quality hotel in London. Will definitely come back.

High recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: Book through the official website to get a package
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I have just returned from visiting London (my original hometown) and I stayed 8 nights at the Rosewood hotel. This will be a brief review as too many superlatives will be tiresome…….

Not the prettiest corner of Holborn but actually an amazing location. 1 minute from Central/Piccadilly lines at Holborn tube, major bus routes and walking distance to Covent garden, British museum and on to St Paul's and West end. Get your map out and get walking down those side streets!!

The hotel recently underwent a multimillion refurb and it shows, attention to detail is everywhere. You feel like you are somewhere special the second you enter the courtyard and are greeted by name, interiors are luxurious and yet understated, staff everywhere to attend to your every need. Nothing is a hassle and requests were fulfilled before I had even asked for them……sign of a management team that is truly client focused.

My room was next to the lift but I didn't hear it once, beautiful furnishings and thoughtful touches everywhere. I completed the online preference form and arrived to a large bowl of raspberries and a handwritten note welcoming me. :))))

I would normally skip hotel bars/restaurants but glad I didn't. Scarfes Bar has got a buzzy atmosphere and popular with local workers and not just guests. Swanky, old time elegance with fantastic cocktails, worth every penny. Holborn dining room features delicious British classics with amazing produce, neither breakfast or dinner was a disappointment.

This is an absolute gem and made me feel special, a proper treat and somewhere I definitely want to stay again and somewhere I will be telling all my friends about……...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Holborn in London is not the prettiest part of town. This hotel is located on a busy, work-like street which is much quieter at the weekends. But don't let that put you off. It's a few steps away from Holborn Tube station, and a gentle stroll west to Bloomsbury, the British Museum and on to Covent Garden or Oxford Street. Or you could walk north to Coram Fields, the Brunswick Shopping Centre and onward to the very vibrant new spaces around St Pancras and Kings Cross. East takes you into the Inns of Court, St Pauls and the City. South, to The Strand, and the river.

The building itself is a marble marvel, built around a courtyard. I suspect most rooms don't have a breathtaking view, but they are very well equipped and sympathetic to the age of the building. Some lovely public spaces make this a destination - if only for afternoon team.

I compare this hotel to others in London owned by the Firmdale group - and although the Rosewood might win on the amount of marble per square inch, Firmdale still beat this larger hotel on the personal experience of a stay, and the level of service. We found staff at breakfast in the Mirror room to be friendly, but it was never easy to catch their eye!

This is our second Rosewood hotel - and on the basis of their international reputation, we'll be back for another visit - but it will be interesting to see if the employees become more customer focussed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Nice hotel, comfortable rooms and most of the staff very nice. I loved the Scarves Bar. Front Desk greeting was nice, as was the Concierge who helped me with show tickets. I did notice a bit of squabbling between two Concierges at the desk, on two different nights. I also enjoyed the location.
One down note, I could not get a straight answer for car service from Rosewood to Gatwick. One gentleman finally said 115 but 170 with credit card. We booked a car on our own for 70.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Had the pleasure to attend the wedding taking place in Rosewood hotel. The venue was stunning, staff very proactive, smiley and helpful. Food was great! Staff serving function was very organised, all tables were served very quickly. The only fault, however minor, bar staff was a little bit too slow and ignorant. We had to stand at the bar for very long time waiting to be served as bartender was busy sorting out card-machine or till. During the function our bartender seemed very junior and really lacked speed. These faults however were insignificant as overall experience was brilliant.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed at the Rosewood London in early August. It was recommended to us by our Virtuoso travel agent. The hotel itself is stunning, and no detail has been overlooked. You feel like you're walking into a perfectly staged movie set. Our rooms were spacious and well appointed. We did not have a room with a view (we were placed in the back of the hotel with an alley view) so I'm not sure if there is a better, or more picturesque view from the property. We ate at four of the restaurants on property and the food was good. My only complaint was the service! Service at the restaurants was slow and not organized (with the exception of the pub room). It took a very long time to get simple requests filled and we felt like pushy Americans because we had to ask for things over and over. I don't think the staff has fully settled into their positions at the restaurants and seemed out of sync. I would recommend the hotel management spend less time on making sure every knick knack is in place and more time on improving the quality of service. We have stayed at several Rosewood Hotel's and we have loved them all. With time, and experience, this hotel will be fantastic.

Room Tip: We stayed on the alley side, and it was quiet, but no view to speak of. Ask for a room with a street...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I loved this hotel i would never stay elsewhere. Great location, amazing well trained staff, breathtaking decor, wonderful hospitality, delicious food. I can't say enough i definitely recommend staying in this hotel and we would definitely come back

Stayed August 2014

Been to Rosewood London? Share your experiences!