I have just returned from visiting London (my original hometown) and I stayed 8 nights at the Rosewood hotel. This will be a brief review as too many superlatives will be tiresome…….
Not the prettiest corner of Holborn but actually an amazing location. 1 minute from Central/Piccadilly lines at Holborn tube, major bus routes and walking distance to Covent garden, British museum and on to St Paul's and West end. Get your map out and get walking down those side streets!!
The hotel recently underwent a multimillion refurb and it shows, attention to detail is everywhere. You feel like you are somewhere special the second you enter the courtyard and are greeted by name, interiors are luxurious and yet understated, staff everywhere to attend to your every need. Nothing is a hassle and requests were fulfilled before I had even asked for them……sign of a management team that is truly client focused.
My room was next to the lift but I didn't hear it once, beautiful furnishings and thoughtful touches everywhere. I completed the online preference form and arrived to a large bowl of raspberries and a handwritten note welcoming me. :))))
I would normally skip hotel bars/restaurants but glad I didn't. Scarfes Bar has got a buzzy atmosphere and popular with local workers and not just guests. Swanky, old time elegance with fantastic cocktails, worth every penny. Holborn dining room features delicious British classics with amazing produce, neither breakfast or dinner was a disappointment.
This is an absolute gem and made me feel special, a proper treat and somewhere I definitely want to stay again and somewhere I will be telling all my friends about……...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood London combines English heritage with contemporary sophistication in the very heart of the capital. The Grade II-listed, building has been renovated to provide accommodation with the feel of a stylish London residence. The guestrooms and suites are inspired by a traditional British manor house. The restaurants and bars are destinations in their own right. Recreational facilities include the Sense(R) spa, Rosewood's signature spa brand, and a well-equipped fitness suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Venere, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook and Jetsetter so you can book your Rosewood London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chancery Court Hotel, London Hotel London
- Renaissance London
- London Renaissance
- Renaissance Chancery Court London
- Rosewood London England