I had the pleasure to staying at the newly refreshed St Martins Lane this week. My girlfriend and I had decided to have a rare night out in London and had been recommended St Martins Lane after its soft renovation. We entered the hotel and went to reception to check in. The two girls were very friendly and chatty. They arranged our room and up we went. The room had a quaint little garden which gave it good natural daylight and a fun space outside where we sat and enjoyed a late afternoon drink. The room was immaculately clean and in pristine condition. We popped out for walk around the local area before dinner. We had made reservations at Asia de Cuba which has had a soft renovation. We were greeted at the door by a friendly bubbly lady who took us to the table. The room has been really well done keeping the essence of the original Asia de Cuba but putting in a new bar amongst other things. The food was, as expected, an array of bursting flavours. The ceviche section, particularly the shrimps were amazing. We also had chilli rubbed scallop, tuna in a taco and the renowned doughnuts for dessert which were all fabulous. However the highlight was the service - we were looked after by GianLuca and Laura - true assets to the hotel. Gianluca thrilled us with his knowledge and charm and Laura - who was the girl that seated us on arrival was bubbly, cheeky and lots of fun. They both made the evening really special. After dinner we went into the newly renovated Blind Spot Bar. It is a hidden bar without signage - you enter through a blank door next to shelves of jars full of dried camomile, rose etc. On entering you come into a beautiful room. Dim lighting really gives it an air of excitement. Stunning décor with a bar at the back that stands out in the room. This bar will be the next 'place to be'. The drinks selection was good. Bed was comfy and the shower really powerful - which is always a bonus. Would definitely recommend and will certainly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From its dazzling location at the hub of Covent Garden, West End theatres and Trafalgar Square, St Martins Lane is a dramatic and daring reinvention of the urban resort. Smart, witty and sophisticated, the hotel is filled with energy, vitality and magic. Unique features include the acclaimed Asia de Cuba restaurant, wildly popular Light Bar, and interactive light displays in every Guest Room that encourage guests to personalize their own individual space, and help to turn the hotel into a beautiful and ever changing mosaic of color. St. Martins Lane Hotel offers seasonal packages and special offers including weekend, holiday, and breakfast packages. These offers are exclusive to the site and are available for a wide variety of room types and sizes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, LondonMarketing.com, Splendia, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your St Martins Lane London Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Martins Lane London Hotel London
- Hotel St Martins Lane
- St Martins Lane London Hotel England