“Great Hotel - Perfect Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St Martins Lane London Hotel

You added St Martins Lane London Hotel to your Saves list
St Martins Lane London Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 St Martin's Lane, London WC2N 4HX, England (Covent Garden)   |
Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #100 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great Hotel - Perfect Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

1st stay at St Martin's Lane
Location Excellent - right in the heart of Leicester Square and Covent Garden.
Great Hotel - friendly, very helpful staff, trendy but not pretentious or overcrowded bar, GymBox attached is great, and Starbucks opposite makes the 2 min walk to the tube very enjoyable.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear DMills,

Thank you for your review of your first stay at St Martins Lane. I am glad to hear that we have impressed you and that you found that all aspects of our hotel exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you soon. Please keep in touch.

Nicole Messham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Hebrew first
Rhodes, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

St Martin's Lane Hotel is situated in Covent Garden area just one minute walk from Trafalgar Square.
Entering the huge yellow door the always smily stuff welcomes you to this trendy and decorated by Philip Stark Hotel. Modern and sophisticated clientele , young people everywhere , nice bar and one of the best restaurants in London , Asia di Cuba .
Rooms are very comfortable , all white with granite bathrooms .
If you want to be close to West End theaters , the atmospheric Covent Garden area and the Royal Opera House and at the same time live in a very modern and friendly place ... just go there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear George P,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your recent stay at St Martins Lane.
The tall revolving yellow door is the first stage of the decompression chamber allowing you to step from fantasy to reality. Philippe Starck was commited to creating an environment of a playful manner our beautiful oversize hyacinth vase creates an almost Alice in wonderful feel to the lobby.

St Martins Lane is the perfect location for an avid theatre lover and is indeed within many of London's theatres.

It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us and please keep in touch so that I can personally manage your next booking with us - you can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed at the hotel in Feb 2014 for 1 night for our wedding anniversary. The location is excellent for Theatre Land, Covent Garden, restaurants and shops.

The staff on the front desk were very polite and attentive, a real difference to some of the places we have stayed in the UK.

Nicole Messham was particularly helpful in making sure we had a great room and booking a table at the bar and restarant in the hotel. The view from our room was amazing with a great view of the London Coliseum and the London Eye, sunset was something special.

The meal at Asia De Cuba was excellent one of our favorite restaurants in London.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a great central location, likes modern contemporary design, enjoys great food and likes brilliant customer service. 5 Stars *****

Dear Tatters2014,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your wedding anniversary at St Martins Lane. I am delighted to read that all our staff were attentive to your needs. Our location is perfect for a romantic weekend away and it is lovely that you found all areas of our hospitality to be wonderful. Asia de Cuba continues to delight and enchant both new and returning guests. It is lovely to hear that you were able to see the sunset as I recommended, it really is something truly special. We look forward to welcoming you both back sooner rather than later I hope

Bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed here last week for my husband's 50th birthday. When we arrived, not only had the hotel upgraded us to a better room, no - they had upgraded us all the way to the Penthouse, which was just amazing. Plus there was a bottle of champagne to celebrate with as well! All I can say is - we have stayed here before and really enjoyed it as the hotel is beautiful and the location perfect - but it really is the staff that make the place. And on this occasion, they, and in particular Nicole Messham, the Client Relation Manager, have really excelled themselves. It could not have been a better celebration - thank you so much for making this stay really special and we look forward to staying with you the next time!

Dear Traveller from Bath,

Thank you for your amazing review of your birthday weekend at St Martins Lane. We are committed to providing original and dynamic guest experiences and we really do enjoy creating the most memorable of occasions. I am glad you were able to experience the luxury of our stunning penthouse and it’s incredible views of some of London’s iconic buildings. We all look forward to welcoming you back with warm smiles and friendly service.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Had an incredible and stay at the hotel for our engagement weekend and have to specifically mention the Guest Experience Manager, Nicole Messham, for being so helpful in making our stay even more memorable.

Dear Ricky P,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it was an absolute pleasure organising your special proposal weekend and I’m so glad I was able to be a part of the process. We can’t wait to welcome you both back.
Please keep in touch!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

- Isabel, Annalicia and Caroline at the front desk were GREAT. I lost a camera at another hotel and they located it, put it in a taxi, and had it to me in 30 mins before I left for my flight. This is some of the best customer service I have ever experienced and I am so grateful for their help retrieving my camera. Thank you!

- Clean Rooms, although a bit small. Bathrooms are lovely. Walls are quite thin so you hear a lot of noise from other guests.

- Excellent central location

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Joelle M,

Thank you very much for your review of St Martin’s Lane. I am so glad you were reunited with your camera – nothing is worse than losing pictures of a fantastic trip. We have a range of room sizes so please let me know when you return as I would like to personally manage your booking to ensure you have the most comfortable stay.
You can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com, I look forward to hearing from you.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights during tube strike so I could get to work a little bit more easily. Decent rooms, decent size bathroom, comfy bed along with the 6 pillows. Did not get a chance to try breakfast but my colleague said it was good. Friendly doormen, especially the black guy with the american accent, friendly bar staff and nice staff all together.
Would stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
nicole_messham, Guest Relations Manager at St Martins Lane London Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear TenilleM20,

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad your commute was hassle free during the recent tube strike. Our staff at St Martins Lane are family of passionate individuals dedicated to providing the best experience for our guests and I'm delighted we achieved this with you. I will make sure to pass on your lovely comments about our doorman Ricardo. Please let me know when you plan to return - you can reach me on nicole.messham@mhgc.com.

Nicole Messham

Been to St Martins Lane London Hotel? Share your experiences!